Press minus key for -

>press minus key for -
>press shift and = for +

Why? Who thought this would be a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Near-open_front_unrounded_vowel.ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The person realizing it doesn't matter since people will just use the plus and minus signs on the numpad.

I believe IBM did, a long time ago.

>murifags
On swedish keyboard layout + for +, - for - shift+0 for =

Fuck yes, then there are faggots who say that programming on Swedish keyboards are harder than Americuck keyboards

I am using a danish keyboard.
I have used it for so long, it is all muscle memory at this point, but if it wasn't for xmodmap, programming would be much harder.

have you seen a swedish keyboard?

Some people don't realise it's also used for punctuation - these people are retarded

the superior layout

How is Ä pronounced?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Near-open_front_unrounded_vowel.ogg

a bit like "eeeeeh?" but more in the side of "ah"
hard to describe.

wat

Made me kek

Why did they put A on there three times and O twice. I didn't know that the Swedish alphabet only had 24 letters

this tbqh fäm

maybe if you hadn't thought that a neutered keyboard format was a good idea, then you wouldn't really be having this problem.

So you don't have to do öÖoO with a modifier key

Isn't it ZWERTY?

(you)
if only manufacturers thought of different formats catering to different user preferences.

sorry that your memestic gaymur keyboard doesn't help you very much when working on excel spreadshits user.

Big deal! Took me only a few days to get used to. European layouts are so SHIT for any dev work
t. recently switched to US ANSI master race

because the + key is used less than - and = keys

Why aren't you reflashing your keyboard firmware to map it to SpaceFN and your choice of home row key?

More convenient for programming

I'll never understand how you people can live without this.

qwerty was intentionally designed to be slow and stupid

what about dvorak programmer layout then?

>qwerty was intentionally designed to be slow and stupid
True.

Americunts still don't know how to use modifiers and spell mämmi with a's

because a lot of people don't work as a clerk.
In the rare case where I need to input a ton of numbers, I just use my phone.

my layout.
What can I do to improve?

>working on spreadsheets
>being a data input drone
>not employing others to do that for you

Holy shit, bottom of the foodchain, mate

>because a lot of people don't work as a clerk
What about STEM fields tho, that's a fair bit of people whose life would be infinitely better with a numpad.

>just use my phone
What?

>bottom of food chain
Who do you think makes the spreadsheets so drones can input data and it magically works everything out?

1 to 9 row allows 2 hands and cleaner space

where are your heckin function keys

>Not using number pad +-*/

get a keyboard with a numbpad

I can't speak for the entire STEM field, but I rarely use numbers.
At least not numbers I write myself.
Measurements are usually captured digitally.

As for using my phone, kdeconnect makes it really simple to use my phone as a keyboard or touchpad.
It requires that my computer and my phone is on the same local network, but that is not usually a problem.

>ïmplÿñg Í dõñ't ûsê ÜS Ìñtërñátïñäl

>measurements captured digitally
So you never write reports, do analysis, simulations or calculations on a pc?

>kdeconnect
Oh yeah I forgot about this, it was mentioned to me recently. Lol thanks for reminding me, I wanted to try it out.

This is a fucking myth god damn it take two seconds to look it up, qwerty is at least DESIGNED to be more efficient, whether or not it is in actuality.

>Not binding capslock to swap between US and Finnish layout
ISHYDDT

I don't like the numpad as it requires you to take your hand off your mouse and I'm not some turbo autist who can navigate there whole computer with there keyboard

They did this to slow down people's typing because they typed too fast and the typewriters couldn't handle the speed

And now we're stuck with it because no one likes to change anything

>So you never
>write reports,
Yes?
>do analysis,
Yes?
>simulations or
Yes?
>calculations on a pc?
Yes?

But none of those situations bring me to type a lot of numbers.

The usual sequence is, I capture numbers to a csv file, either from a simulation or through a measurement.
Then I do analysis on that csv file, usually using R.
My calculations is done this way, some times I need to present my analysis or calculations in reports, I can generate tables and figures from this analysis, I don't need to type them in myself.

I work with machines, so my experiments can be replicated a lot of times.
I am not doing medical research where I have limit my measuring to a handful of cases and conclude on that.

Can you give a scenario where I would input data on my own?

oh to clarify, I do make simulations, analyze them and write reports based on them.

It's less comon to use + than = in usual typing. It is also more common to use - rather than _ during regular typing.

>What about STEM fields tho, that's a fair bit of people whose life would be infinitely better with a numpad.

>stem
>numbers
nice meme broseph

for the few number you do need to write the main keyboard is more than enough.
numpad is for manual workers

I genuinely don't understand why ISO shrinks the already smaller left shift instead of the stupidly huge and much less commonly used right shift.

I have to agree there, I never use the right shift or right control, yet they are always kept over other keys.
The lenovo keyboard have removed the menu key, but felt the right control was important enough to keep around.