Facebook Internship!

Hey Sup Forums. I'm that user, if you remember, who was freaking out about my last interview yesterday. Well I just got word today I've been accepted for this summer as a swe intern in Menlo Park! I don't have much to say just had to tell someone!

I guess AMA if you would like?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/6002633225.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/apa/6022988021.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/6020670716.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/6022502679.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your internship specifically?

Haven't been put on a team or project yet. But as a software engineer intern I'll be writing code and have access to their entire codebase.

Front-end? Back-end? HHVM? For some dead-end internal tool? Messenger?

Good for you.

Thanks man.

Fairly certain we will be able to choose. But I'm not front end because I hate it. That is a separate internship role to apply to. Undergrad SWE Interns work on anything from internal tools to front facing products millions of people will use.

Also I would like to point out I was able to get this internship even though I go to a no name state school, have no referrals from inside the company, have never interned at any other company, and my gpa is below a 3.0.

I applied by throwing my resume super late into the mix. Like February. Lots of people think you need to go to an ivy league or be a super prodigy. All I did was focus on having some cool projects and I had one failed startup on my resume.

Projects >> everything.

Congrats user! But don't get cocky. Internships can be easy to get. You'll need to work your ass off if you want an actual full-time offer.

But remember to chill once you're actually full time so you don't kill yourself. No need to impress anymore at that point, just work at a steady pace and get your shit done.

Bump

Oh I'm taking full advantage of this. Staying on campus 9a.m.-9p.m.
Bugging everyone I can find that will talk to me.
About half get full time and some get 100k as a signing bonus. I'm trying to get that six figure sign on bonus haha.
OP here. Why the bump. Got any questions?

>>/reddit/

Congratulations on working for free.

Umm its all expense paid plus 8k a month.

Menlo park where? Ny?

My, my, he grows up so fast.
Don't forget us when you become rich.

Menlo Park, California

>working for Zuckercuck
Even murdering babies is more respectable.

SV interns actually get paid a shit ton. Dropbox pays 10k or so per month.

facebook is a cool place to work at. Probably the best large company to work for nowadays. Have fun.

That's only meaningful if you're going to be staying for 5 years. The vetting schedule is usually around 1/5 per year (depending on locale). You could count it as part of salary rather than a flat bonus.

See you at orientation OP

This is your chance to kill Facebook. Don't let us down OP!

Na its half when you sign half when you return after you finish school.

fuck my life, I read:
>I've been accepted for this summer as a swe intern in Mario Kart!
see you guys tomorrow

>But I'm not front end because I hate it
actually because ur a retard
babbys can do server side
front ends are complex now and need skill

Would you be open to giving me a referral if you can?

Also, gj

me too

i'm an amazing html coder!

Are you sure about that? I've never heard of such a good deal anywhere. Every single sign-on bonus I've seen is always local currency -> stock with a 20% vest (or 25% depending on where you are).

What the fuck do Facebook employees do all day? The site runs like shit and there are hardly ever changes even though they have like thousands of employees.
Also why do they use so much fucking Javascript?

Yes its that good. You get stocks too, on top of the bonus. Google and FB do this to bring the talent in and keep them around.

go fuck yourself

mainly data mining shit now and ways to steal/combine. occasionally "me too" so competition can't say they have no competition.
JS because browser and UI is important to normies

Actually they mostly use PHP

At microsoft it's 20% vest plus 0-20% salary as stock in bonuses (+ 0-20% salary as cash bonus). The stock vest on the same schedule as the sign-on bonus (so basically they're worth absolutely nothing at all). The sign-on bonus I got was $120k USD but since it vests on 20% I think I'll just get one injection and ditch those cheap bastards.
That said, when google tried to recruit me, the deal was pretty much the same except the bonuses weren't % of salary. Friends who worked for facebook told me it was like google as well.

Oh like the new Snapchat My Day thing lol

Oh my bad I just figured it's Javascript because when I turn off Javascript I can't use the site anymore.

Op here. Facebook sometimes offers great interns a six figure bonus. This is not the same as stocks. You will get the full amount of this after one year of working there.

They also do vr work, sun powered drones, and bringing internet to as many people as possible.

expect to be calling voters to ask if they would be open to vote for Mark Zuckerberg for president

For what theyre paying me I would go door to door and campaign for Pres Zuck no problem.

Nice meme

Yeah because the rent is 4k a month

Go back to pol so you can blame all your problems on magical negroes.

Fb pays for hotel like housing. So not a problem for us but for other sv companies most still only pay 2k for rent.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/6002633225.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/apa/6022988021.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/6020670716.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/apa/6022502679.html

That's pretty exciting.

I can give people MS referrals. I get paid $1000 per person who gets hired and lasts at least 3 months through a referral.

That said I wouldn't recommend working for MS.

>implying internships in the valley don't come with separate housing reimbursement

What did you have on your resume, project-wise?

Also what was the onsite interview like?

will you punch that little jerk Suckerturd in the face for me?

>I can give people MS referrals. I get paid $1000 per person who gets hired and lasts at least 3 months through a referral.
>That said I wouldn't recommend working for MS.
Are they still a disaster with different divisions fighting each other?

>Are they still a disaster with different divisions fighting each other?
You might be surprised how many companies are like this. Microsoft isn't alone in this.

most SF area internships I looked at said no housing assistance, but then again I wasn't looking at the companies I hate (such as facebook)

Install personal backdoor and leak all the naked pics on Sup Forums

Otherwise you're a fag