Terabytes of Windows updates

>Windows isn't backdoored by the government, they said...

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.brankovucinec.com/2014/11/06/use-dism-to-cleanup-winsxs-after-windows-update/
1337x.to/torrent/1243278/Windows-10-Enterprise-N-LTSB-Full-Lopatkin-32-64-bit-AppzDam/
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
king.com/?_escaped_fragment_=/play/candycrush#!/play/candycrush
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck this shit, going back to 7.

see ya in 2 years when ms backports more crap into 7

>Installing windows updates
>2016+anything

>getting hacked instantly because no security updates
nothing personnel kid

That utility must've been in the system since 95.

You realize that you essentially torrent the w10 .ISO to other users? You probably that left over from the free upgrade.

I don't even get that. And I just installed the March update. Now 2,5 GB are missing, even though the update was 1 GB :( Fucking microshaft. LTSB1607

>Now 2,5 GB are missing, even though the update was 1 GB :( Fucking microshaft. LTSB1607
l2windows you retard

dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /resetbase
cleanmgr /d C:

where?

where what?

Where do I find documentation on this particular thing? Does it also work on other windows versions, such as 7?

Yes it works on 7. And learn to google you retard. It isnt that hard to search for dism.exe

where do i learn to windows

Yeah, I found
blog.brankovucinec.com/2014/11/06/use-dism-to-cleanup-winsxs-after-windows-update/
Thanks for being an asshole though.

And a lot of the Windows features which you probably will never use keep their installation files on disk. You can remove them with the following commands. If you ever need to install them you can still do so by specifying a source parameter of WIM:D:\Sources\Install.wim:INDEXNUMBER

dism /online /get-features
dism /online /disable-feature /featurename:FEATURENAME /remove

and

dism /online /get-packages
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:PACKAGENAME

its not my fault you people dont know how to use windows

>russian "hacker" trying to force people to run code that'll allow said backdoor entrance
fuck off retard newfag

Man you are dumb.

>"oh no he's too smart to fall for my bait"
>w-w-w-w-wow u dumb
kys kid

>dism /online /get-features
Already got them disabled, you can do that through UI

>dism /online /get-packages
I use LTSB, so no there's nothing here.

it just werks

Indeed. But Umtimate is better.

>trying to fake screencaps on Sup Forums of all places
You're literally retarded kid.

Windows is so fucked.

i don't think anyone said that

to what extent is the real question

It just werks.

>Already got them disabled, you can do that through UI
Disabling them from the GUI leaves the installer files on disk. You need to run it from the command line with the /remove argument to actually remove the installation files. It will say Disabled With Payload Removed if the installation files have actually been removed, rather than just Disabled.

>I use LTSB, so no there's nothing here.
iirc there are a bunch of language packs. At least on Server 2016/Win 10 Enterprise 1607

>iirc there are a bunch of language packs
Only ru-RU which I need.

[citation needed]

Upgrade to older Windows.

Too bad it looks like shit, just use gnome

When will Microsoft realize people only want their OS for the ability to run EXEs, and have no interest in their other software they try to bundle with it?

My wishlist for Windows 11:
>A dock instead of a taskbar
>A clean, compact start menu that doesn't pretend to be a person and try to talk to you
>A package manager that allows community contributions of both free software and proprietary freeware (e.g. chrome)
>A bootloader that doesn't accumulate multiple defunct copies of entries for operating systems you've long since removed
>An explorer.exe that doesn't try to sell you games
>Literally nothing else except the kernel and drivers, none of this "one note, one drive, one get, one love, one life, additional pylons" bullshit

>still using windows
literally install ubuntu
>muh games
wine
>muh photoshop
there's like a million foss alternatives

>>A clean, compact start menu that doesn't pretend to be a person and try to talk to you
You do realize this exists?

>>An explorer.exe that doesn't try to sell you games
As do this

>>A dock instead of a taskbar
God no.

>>A clean, compact start menu that doesn't pretend to be a person and try to talk to you
LTSB

>>A package manager that allows community contributions of both free software and proprietary freeware (e.g. chrome)
Nah, The way WIndows is, download the program from the internet and install is much better. It is what made WIndows popular.

>>A bootloader that doesn't accumulate multiple defunct copies of entries for operating systems you've long since removed
You can remove those via msconfig

>>An explorer.exe that doesn't try to sell you games
LTSB

>>Literally nothing else except the kernel and drivers, none of this "one note, one drive, one get, one love, one life, additional pylons" bullshit
LTSB

I'm not defending 10, it's garbage, but what you're asking for already exists.

Package Managers and .exe aren't exactly mutally exclusive.

There's already Chocolatey or something but it's not nearly as good as any aptitude or pacman

>.exe files you get online are better than a dedicated package manager
stopped reading right there.

If you need ``security updates" to avoid being hacked, you've already lost.

>Botnet 10 needs a 4TB ISO
>GNU/Linux runs just fine on a 12GB HDD with 1GB of RAM
Really makes you think...

>being a ramlet

I actually like the Windows UI, though my preference is for the classic theme, which Windows 10 dropped anyways. But apart from that, and the ability to run Windows programs, GNU/Linux is better in most regards. I just find the normie distros like Fedora and Ubuntu too different from what I'm used to to feel comfortable with them.

>Using Windows after 7 dies

Lol I'm going to a MacBook in two years. Windows will only be used by gamerfags and office administration in five years

>>Botnet 10 needs a 4TB ISO
It doesnt, OP is just retarded. The only way it would use 4TB for updates is if you were running a WSUS server and synced updates for all products in all languages.

I'm going to build a PC soon and I'll need windows on it, the LTSB sounds like the perfect thing for me, the N LTSB sounds even better, do you know where I can get a trustworthy .iso, user?
I found this
1337x.to/torrent/1243278/Windows-10-Enterprise-N-LTSB-Full-Lopatkin-32-64-bit-AppzDam/
it doesn't seem very trustworthy, I certainly wouldn't install it on my machine.

Also, I would I be able to fake a N LTSB license?

>Nah, The way WIndows is, download the program from the internet and install is much better. It is what made WIndows popular.
You can do that just fine on GNU/Linux too, there's nothing stopping you from doing that. But package managers are much better for setting up dependencies and stuff. With a package manager, the steps basically are:
>open terminal
>type in "sudo [packagemanager] [packagename]"
>enter password
>confirm
>wait for it to download
>done

Windows style on the other hand is:
>open browser
>type program name into search engine
>open the website
>navigate to downloads page
>choose the right version for your OS
>click download
>use the download window to select location to download to
>navigate to the download location
>run the installer
>click okay on the license agreement
>next
>check the install path
>next
>check install settings
>next
>wait for it to download
>close installer window
>done

>the N LTSB sounds even better
Don't. N is only missing WMP, but it's also missing codecs which will result in issues with certain programs that require them.

I can't give you an exact link as I lost it and I think it's been taken down anyway.
But these are th SHA1 hashes:

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x64_dvd_6848446.iso
264D48C902E6B586A1ED965062F7DA4D4DA99B35

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x86_dvd_6848454.iso
ABE400AD86C604197A3B163E31AFCC1B7C53325E

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
031ED6ACDC47B8F582C781B039F501D83997A1CF

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso
45E72D02FF17125C699558719EB946D8E140C9CC

Use Microsoft Toolkit for activation:
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
KMS activation must be renewed every 180 days (you can create a task if you want automated, but I'd opt for manual).

if you really cared for "not getting hacked" you wouldn't be used Windows in the first place

Switch to GNU/Linux

It took you longer to write that than it takes the actual installation operation (: I don't find it that diffucult. Knowing MS they will abuse a centralised package system (they already abuse Store), so I think it's better the way it is now.

Awesome! thanks for the help.

Well yeah, I certainly wouldn't trust a Microsoft-maintained repository any more than I would trust their store or their updates, but the basic idea of a package manager makes it much easier to install common applications.

and then you find out it depends on some shit Windows framework and you gotta repeat the process

They know that and they don't care

they've got you

pls be my gf

Coming from normieville, it feels weirder to get all your software from a repository via the command line because you can't actually "see" where you're downloading from like you can with a website. Now instead of trusting the original creator, you also have to trust the maintainers of the repository to not change firefox.exe to epic-1337-hax-nothing-personnel-kid.exe.

that's disk cleanup being broken you retard
it does't actually use that much data
do you even know what compression is?
There's a reason why a 4 gig iso file turns into a 16 gig install.

For-profit companies took the idea of a software repository and turned them into "app stores" full of ads and garbage. Now they're trying to turn Windows 10 into a walled garden and make any software the doesn't come through the Trusted™ Windows App Store® de facto illegal.

Nah, I ran these:

DISM.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

DISM.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded

DISM.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

And everything is back as normal. Up to date too.

>There's a reason why a 4 gig iso file turns into a 16 gig install.
The reason it took up so much space is because it kept the old files so the update could be uninstalled. The commands I told him to run delete the old versions. l2windows

>Windows will only be used by gamerfags and office administration in five years
Gaming is moving to Linux pretty rapidly ever since Steam ported their client. I now have about 400 games with Linux support in my Steam library, including some AAA titles. There is still a ways to go, but the trend is moving towards Linux.

>LTSB
WHAT

WHAT

FUCK YES GETTING ATM

Linux is shit and will always be shit because anyone who's been through the turmoil of proper quality control is no longer naïve enough to believe in the myth of "free software"

Hahahahaha!

Uhh no.

So basically what you're saying is that you are a retard and are mad that you couldn't make Linux behave exactly the way your shitty proprietary operating system behaves. I have to use Windows and OSX at work and they are both buggy pieces of shit that cost a lot of company money in time to troubleshoot random ass problems that turn out to be stupid limitations or bugs with the operating system. Linux is the closest thing to a "just works" operating system that you can get.

>So basically what you're saying is that you are a retard and are mad that you couldn't make Linux behave exactly the way your shitty proprietary operating system behaves
>implying I own an linux
KEK, linux a shit

>I have to use Windows and OSX at work and they are both buggy pieces of shit that cost a lot of company money in time to troubleshoot random ass problems that turn out to be stupid limitations or bugs with the operating system.
FUCK YOU, WINDOWS IS THE SUPERIOR, IT HAVE CNADU CRUSH SEGA

>Linux is the closest thing to a "just works" operating system that you can get.
just doesn't work* ftfy
if you're have to use the comd line it bad

>if you're have to use the comd line it bad
I use the command line constantly in windows and osx too. The only difference is that Windows has the shittiest command line interface. Also, you don't have to use the command line at all. You are just literally retarded.

Why would you want to type blocky text into a blank window in a cryptic manner when the noble Microsoft offers a solution with animated toggles?

>CNADU CRUSH SEGA
The only time anybody is that obvious with their trolling is when they aren't really trolling at all. Here you go user; it's cross platform: king.com/?_escaped_fragment_=/play/candycrush#!/play/candycrush

>he ruins his hardware and any hope for privacy by downloading and installed the shilled and clearly virus ridden shit faggots spam /g with
you deserve the cucking that's about to taek place in your anus.

i was in fact trolling actually but not as you know the art

i was "hybrid-trolling"
it's where you troll badly on purpose because being catastrophically wrong to make people laugh at you is more fun than being just wrong enough to make people mad at you