Ryzen Memebuild Thread

If you've done a Ryzen memebuild - post it here.

I want to waste like $1000-1500 and do a 8core ryzen build. Want to get some ideas.

Also if you don't mind adding information like - how was your setup?
Any issues during or after building?
Is performance meeting your expectations?
General thoughts.

T-thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hVLpM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw it would cost something around $8000 to make a decent ryzen build in my country because faggy taxes

1800x but really a 1700 is a better value.
ASRock Taichi
2x8GB of DDR4 3200 with like CAS14
And any halfway decent cooler should do.

1700 w/ stock cooler running at 3.8ghz
ASUS Prime X370-Pro
32gb 2133hz RAM (bought it used, overclocks like
poo, get faster ram if you can)

Be careful placing the cpu down while building. My mobo didn't have good labels to show the correct cpu orientation while locking down so I had a few heart attacks while building.

No real issues after setting up. Certain programs (firefox nightly) would stutter at times while opening youtube vids or another tab and would take a minute or so to get back on track. Haven't had that issue with palemoon, so I'm assuming it was the application's fault.

I noticed an immediate increase in performance in the desktop alone after overclocking. I hate when the cpu changes frequency arbitrarily so I have mine running at 3.8 constant. I know it's less efficient, but I don't care too much.

Gaming performance is great, a noticeable improvement over my 3570k.

1800x
asus crosshair hero
16gb gskill rgb 3000mhz @ cas14 (samsung chips, single rank)
>tons of memory issues. swaped ram kits five times. current kit is actually a 4x8 32gb kit but ryzen no like 4x8 or 2x16 kits at anything higher than 2666mhz
>original ek rubber gasket for the ek backplate is actually slightly conductive so it was causing my computer to not boot. removing it fixed the issue but motherboard has been strange since. such as doing a dual reboot when i power on after turning off the power from the power supply. going to exchange it for another one once they come back into stock. also going to exchange my 1800x as well because, well the gasket covered the socket area.
outside of that things been good. new ram kit works well at 2x8 16gb @ 3000mhz cas 14. ran memtest for three hours without issue. now just waiting for another crosshair to come back into stock for i can get a new one....

more on the ek issue
>this is known problem and if you have an am4 board along with an am4 ek backplate, email them. they will send you a new, non conductive rubber gasket.
>replaced mine with a new am4 supremacy evo that uses the stock am4 backplate.

Objectively best build right here. Taichi is solid, BIOS is decent and well featured, mobo itself is subdued but still slick. 1700 cpu best value for money right now hands down if you do anything else at all other than game. I mean this literally. If you game with a music player, couple internet tabs, maybe voice client, what ever, get the 1700 and OC that sucker.
2x8 3200mhz CAS 14-16 ram is what you want for a good balance of price/perf/stability. I have heard people getting 3600 to work with some counter intuitive tweeking. All in all thats what my build will be in a month or so.

>Certain programs (firefox nightly) would stutter at times while opening youtube vids or another tab and would take a minute or so to get back on track.
might be memory timings. i had similar issues. like for example hitting the dpi profile button on my mouse would cause the cursor to freeze for two - three seconds. battlefield 1 server browser would lag really bad when scrolling. found out it was due to my memory timings. i was running 32gb at the time @ 3000mhz but required 18-16-16-16-36 to get it to work. to stupid high cas was causing some really bad latency issues. dropping down to 16gb to run at 3000mhz cas 14-14-14-14-34 or 32gb @ 2666mhz cas 14*-34 fixed it.

right now i'm just running 16gb for 3000mhz cas 14 since i don't really need 32gb atm. when memory get more ironed out on ryzen i'll toss in my two other sticks.

>I want to waste like $1000-1500
for what purpose?

stop leaving out how much it cost you faggots

Asus shit the bed with their AM4 mobos. I would recomend anyone else if you absolutely arent dead set with the CH4. Other makers got better support for memory and a better BIOS.
For ram timings try this. Load up the XMP profile, then manually set the mem clocks to what you want (matching the XMP) in your BIOS. Its not what youre supposed to do but people have been getting 3200mhz to work that way.

i really would like either a asrock tachi or fatality. both look like really strong contenders to the crosshair both hardware, vrm, and bios wise. asrock has really done well with support. but like the crosshair, its out of stock everywhere. i just want to return this crosshair already for i can buy another.
honestly i don't know. most of the parts came from my previous build like the 1080 ftw and the evga g3 750. if i was to quickly come up with a run down.... ek loop was $350, fans where $150, case was $150, crosshair and ryzen was $700, ram kit was $350, 1080 was $690 back in november, evga g3 was $130.... idk probably around $3300 ballpark. also have a 950 pro 512gb, two 850 pro's 512, and 3tb hgst hard drives.

>waste
well at least you're using the right wording.

Here in Leafland the 1700 with a mid price x370 mobo (AsRock/MSI/Gigabyte) plus a very good after market air cooler costs around $700, excluding everything else. The 1700 comes with a pretty decent stock cooler really you only need the aftermarket for max overclocks with good temp and noise. $200-230 for 3000-3200mhz 2x8 ram. Rest is to your taste and needs. I added up something like $1600 (1100~ usd) for a solid as fuck system with a mainstream graphics card. Anything better than a 480 you're adding on another 200-350 to the cost.

>tons of memory issues
This is ANUS's fault, they said it themselves

I would've bought gigabyte personaly

1700x
msi b350 tomahawk
h60i
16gb gskill ddr4 2600mhz
evga 1070gtx
m2 256gb ssd
128gb sata ssd
1TB HDD

I have about $750 into this setup not counting what I already had. I already had the 1070gtx, and the 128gb ssd and HDD and h60i.

No issues setting up really. I updated bios on first power on.
I'm pretty happy with it between doing some large video editing test runs and gaming mostly on Planetside 2. Runs smooth doing everything. I've only OC'd to 3.8ghz.

Day #14
>Pros:
Super quiet
Idles at room temperature
>Cons:
Still waiting for the motherboard to arrive

>fans for $150
holyfuckingshit these 3cent motors and .1cent plastics sell for that much?
how the fuck are there this many stupid people in existance?
you'd be better off buying a fucking 3d printer and making your own blades/motor at that point. even with the time invested to do it

thanks user

so much room for activities in that case

What motherboard do you guys recommend? That's the only part holding up my build

My PSU, HDD, SSD, GPU all came out of my old build. For I bought:

Case: 65$
Ram: 150$
Mobo: 170$
CPU: 330$

any of the anons ITT have a motherboard with dual m.2 slots? How many pcie lanes does Ryzen offer? I'm looking at an 1800X + Asrcock X370 K4. That or the MSI carbon X370.

I already have a single 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 nvme drive and would like to grab a 2nd 1TB model. Do both m.2 slots use pcie? No on clarifies.

Fuck off with your garbo 8 core. Price performance is best way to go.
pcpartpicker.com/list/hVLpM8
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterAir Pro 4 66.7 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock X370 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard ($199.99)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($131.97 @ Jet)
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($140.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card ($254.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Acer GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($188.99 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K65 Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Wired Gaming Keyboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ B&H)
Other: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional OEM Key ($27.64)
Other: AMD Ryzen R5 1600X ($249.99)
Total: $1499.01

holy shit never mind. AMD coming to the table with 32 lanes of pcie. 24 from the Chip, 8 from the x370 chipset. Shouldn't be a problem for 2 nvme drives and a full x16 video card.

Surprisingly, the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 was easier to install than the AMD stock cooler

> AMD stock cooler
:^)

I'm buying RGB fans just to make people like you angry.
I've got a Kraken x52 on back-order.

>not just buying a deepcool RGB led strip for 20$ and calling it a day

get white fans if you want them to show the same color as your RGB led strip since white reflects light etc

>installing Beta BIOS that some random dude posted in a dropbox public folder link on the MSI forums

isshyggidgitit

>using the smiley with a carat nose