KODI

anyone use this? anyone order a box for it?

I did but rpi3 it was running on is too weak to decode most videos.

Anyone know if a dedicated "TV box" would handle it better?

PC, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablet all ran it perfectly fine.
Now i have a Nvidia SHIELD console as dedicated multimedia box, which also supports Kodi. Can recommend.

a family member gave me an amazon firetv stick as a gift, and this works bretty gud on it.

I've got a generation 1 rbpi from 2012 with a 5 year old flash of xbmc running on it and the only thing Ive seen it choke on was a 40gb Blu ray rip. After that experience I've just stuck to 15gb or smaller rips, never below 720p.

For how cheap it was to setup the rpi and how much Ive used it over the years, I'd buy this exact setup a thousand times, and would recommend.

odroid C2. they actually provide an android image for it. rpi is NOT intended for use as a media center. it's literally meant as a cheap idiot proof way for children to learn programming on linux without formatting the family computer. not sure why everyone is so dickhard for it when things like the odroid C2 exist. rpi works, but you're not decoding any hevc or high fps video files on it. it's not meant for that.

i bought an OUYA for it

i regret this decision.

What matters is less the resolution or source as it is the codec and encoding settings.

All the more reason to get an odroid C2. Far more powerful device which was meant to decode big videos.

I use kodi, does anybody know if they fixed the gaping SSL vulnerability yet? Can't seem to find much information on that. Now that this software is gaining popularity, it's a wide area of attack.

Got a NUC6CAYH coming in later today that'll be running my Kodi setup for at least the next few years, shit's gonna be good.

Yes, using a RPi2 for it atm but seriously considering snatching a Vero 4K.

>Kodi
Plex is better come on

> requires account
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

>tfw Rpi3 with OSMC hooked up to my TV.

I like it.

kodi on my pc when i dont feel like/cant find something to torrent

>has to transcode everything

A box? I just use an Amazon Fire TV. No need to overthink this. Also means I get Netflix and Prime with no issues.

OpenELEC supports many cheap Android TV BOX.

Fukkin this. This is the most powerful and cheapest way to get android on your tv.

Ignorance is bliss. I haven't noticed any poor quality in my media. I guess what Im saying is
>Works on my machineā„¢.

do hevc then talk.

best kodi addons?

Why's this run so slow on Amazon Firestick? I haven't updated it to the newest version of Kodi so maybe that's a reason why?

Why go with an Intel mini pc when there are tons of cheap chink android TV boxes available with more ports and features?

I put Kodi on my RPi, but turns out it's fucking useless and all the video plugins are outdated and don't work.

So now I just connect my PC via HDMI and select files with my wireless keyboard. When I need to watch VoD I use my smart TV's apps.

just get a 2015 sheild

4k 60hz HDR hdcp 2.2 support

under $200 on ebay zero complaints

Just use YIFY rips desu
Why do you make things more complicated for no apparent reason?

I use kodi on my main PC, just have an HDMI cable running to my tv. Works great friend.

Ultimate whitecream

Why would anyone in their right mind use this on their PC? You're aware that you can stream content directly to mpv or just torrent all your media from reputable trackers and play it back using mpv, yeah? Plugging a fucking laptop into a television via HDMI & doing some display shifting magic with xrandr's NOT rocket science. A fucking fancy menu to scroll through your content is NOT necessary assuming your directory structure isn't retarded and your shell setup isn't garbage.

40GB BluRay rips are DUMB unless you are an encoder. Get a fucking slim transparent encode from HDBits, AwesomeHD or PTP and be satisifed knowing you aren't wasting disk space.

How does it compare in terms of cpu and GPU to the rpi3? I have one as a home media center. I fucking love it and I'm considering getting another one for some network ideas

GameStop has the 2015 version for $177. What makes the 2015 version better?

>wasting disk space
There are people who delete the shit after watching and have a fast enough line so they don't have to care about bandwidth either. Also, a gigabyte of harddisk space is like 3 or 4 cents.

>why would anyone want to setup there media library to be aesthetically pleasing
kys user

I use an Amazon Fire TV stick for it.
Works nicely.