Surface Book

Someone redpill me. If price is no object, why isn't the surface book the best mobile machine out there

>10hr battery life
>dedicated gpu in i7 model
>baller screen
>touch input, detachable tablet
>bullshit windows 10 botnet features are easily defeated via hacks and workarounds

they seem quite nice indeed

>wat is price

If price wasn't a concern, I'd just go for a jacked up Dell Precision or a Macbook.

>If price is no object

>what is reading comprehension

ugh, my Thinkpad Carbon X1 is a better option than that but the Surface Book is staggeringly nicer in look and feel... even being a richfag it's absurdly expensive though for a disposable tech item...

O shit I've been here too long and only read the meme arrows

T H I C C

I was at microcenter over the weekend and tried out the one they have on display. Felt so nice to work on. If I had the money I would have bought it right there.

Oops didn't mean to quote

They good for dual-booting?

because the surface book 2 will feature an even better hinge

I'm not giving any money to MS because I'm a freetard

Bump for this

Define "good".

Basically just compatibility. Will the network/wifi stuff work with most Linux ditros?

Network stuff: yes. Keyboard stuff: extra effort. Touchscreen stuff: last time I checked no.

/r/surfacelinux

The gpu is actually shittier than the integrated graphics.

false... in what realm is a 940m or a 965m ever worse than godawful Intel HD integrated graphics

Theres actual percormance testing of it and it actually doesnt run any better compared to integrated models.

I bought a Surface Pro 4 for 800 swiss francs, dunno what's expensive about it.
Was in Mediamarkt for sale, it's the i5 Edition that normally goes for 1300 if I'm not wrong.

Pretty nice, it's a 10/10, recommend it to anyone.

Different product desu, surface book is a convertible laptop while surface pro is a convertible tablet. Pls Google.

Show me

>baller screen
>glossy
Hmm

As far I'm concerned, the Surface Book screen can be undocked and be used as a tablet, in the end it's the same shit, what changes is the I/O, one can be a full blown Laptop while the other one has a keyboard cover that dock with magnets.

Or am I wrong?

Forgot to mention that yeah, in terms of price, there is a huge difference between the two products.

> >bullshit windows 10 botnet features are easily defeated via hacks and workarounds
> the best
What? What do you mean, "hacks and workarounds" for the best? It's like eating a raw Beef Wellington and pretending it's not a big deal it's undercooked.

They're both fucking tablets, both with the same CPU, one just has a gigantic battery and/or GPU in its detachable keyboard

OP's wording is pretty shit, they aren't hacks or workarounds. And even if they were, it's not like there's anything better on the market.

As usual, it's not a matter of what's best, but what's the least shitty option.

As someone who has had one, it's not very good IMO.
Pen bugs out and loses pressure sensitivity often.
Sounds like a hair dryer on high when browsing let alone using an art program.
Gets pretty hot when with a case.
Outside of a pen with pressure sensitivity, it doesn't have the functionality of a Wacom tablet with reprogrammable buttons.
Charger comes unplugged easily.

You're better off with a laptop and a Wacom tablet, or if you're looking for a small digital sketchbook get a Galaxy tab a with s pen. Surprisingly comfy, good for art with medibang and it doesn't get hot/sound like a blow dryer. Got mine for $150 on eBay, a fourth of the cost of a base models surface.