SILICON VALLEY ARTICLE FROM THE ATLANTIC

>Why Is Silicon Valley So Awful to Women?
archive.is/XzeHV

>Highlights

Women not only are hired in lower numbers than men are; they also leave tech at more than twice the rate men do. It’s not hard to see why. Studies show that women who work in tech are interrupted in meetings more often than men.

They are evaluated on their personality in a way that men are not. They are less likely to get funding from venture capitalists, who, studies also show, find pitches delivered by men—especially handsome men—more persuasive. And in a particularly cruel irony, women’s contributions to open-source software are accepted more often than men’s are, but only if their gender is unknown.

For women of color, the cumulative effect of these slights is compounded by a striking lack of racial diversity—and all that attends it.

... “workplace conditions, a lack of access to key creative roles, and a sense of feeling stalled in one’s career” are the main reasons women leave. “Undermining behavior from managers” is a major factor.

The researchers found that telling participants that their company valued merit-based decisions only increased the likelihood of their giving higher bonuses to the men.

Such bias may be particularly rife in Silicon Valley because of another of its foundational beliefs: that success in tech depends almost entirely on innate genius.

I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that these kinds of politics will be the greatest challenge the 21st century will face.

Women's suffrage may have been a mistake
The civil rights movement was the beginning of the end

Because of feminism.
I don't want my business to deal with some potentially crazy bitch throwing rape accusations everywhere and calling the aircondition units patriarchal oppression,
so the best way to avoid it is to simply not have any.

Better be branded a sausage-party than deal with crazy bitches pulling stupid lawsuits and mayhem.

I fucking hate women managers

Do afraid of being bossy that they are fucking vague about everything and never tell me what I need to do

My first boss as a software dev was a woman. She moved out of the field entirely after two years. She kind of enjoyed the process of making software, but really got tired of all the heavy mechanics needed to make a complex piece of software work.

>be silicon valley tech industry
>most successful industry in American history
>hardly any women work there
>hardly any blacks work there

really makes you think

Sysadmin in silicon valley her.

The women will not shut up ever in meetings, they get interrupted more because they aren't courteous with other people's time.

When you go on endlessly and continually go off topic, you will get interrupted.

t. white supremacist and sexist

Thank god your kind are dying out.

My female bosses have all been great, I am a self starter though and don't need hand holding.

Also it's so much easier to get what I want.

t. juden.

The researchers found that telling participants that their company valued merit-based decisions only increased the likelihood of their giving higher bonuses to the men.

HMMMMMMMM

nice. freaking epic thread about women in tech ;~) cant wait to read all of the good posts

most of my employees are women and they can barely operate an iphone.

they're borderline useless even for the most basic tasks.

then again the cucked men i've got aren't much better, at least they shut up and get along. the women never fucking shut up. the mouth is always open. always. fucking. open.

Careful user, you might get accused of being a muslim.

>post four literally who ceos
>complain about not enough 'creative roles' in the most booming TECHNOLOGY front in the US
>wants people to think all their ideas are good even though there not.
>muh racial diversity
>muh gender diversity
>muh handsome men are more persuasive and muh beautiful are thrown in the dust
this is why women aren't taken seriously, and the ones that genuinely do arent acknowledged for being a women, they're acknowledged for what they did.

and therein lies the problem with feminism: they want credit for just being women instead of actually doing something important.

>the women never fucking shut up. the mouth is always open. always. fucking. open.

Why is this?

Like are they just afraid of silence or what?

It drives me up a fucking wall holy shit shut up!

What is an interaction engineer?

>workplace conditions, a lack of access to key creative roles, and a sense of feeling stalled in one’s career” are the main reasons women leave. “Undermining behavior from managers” is a major factor.

Women hate begin code monkeys.

women build up cortisol and the only way for them to release it is to vent out the stress by talking.

the talking amongst themselves, however, stirs up even more stress between the women.

it's an ongoing cycle of insanity really. the only solution is to break them apart from the group and let them talk to a man, after venting to a man they will feel better and well balanced.

there's women i can't let work near each other because they stir up so much shit, and others that can't work together and will fight so i have to separate them as well.

at least they pay me enough to put up with this childish shit.

>Women not only are hired in lower numbers than men are

Women make up a small minority of computer science graduates. You cannot be hired in equal numbers if you do not apply in equal numbers.

>And in a particularly cruel irony, women’s contributions to open-source software are accepted more often than men’s are, but only if their gender is unknown.

Did that study finally make it past peer review? Because I remember hearing stories about that study while it was still going through peer review... and there were a number of issues with it.

Name one time that's happened in the last year.

>awesome dubs

I often wonder if gender segregated workplaces, or portions of workplaces would work better, like schools.

>like schools
Schools aren't gender segregated. That would violate Title 9.

It has nothing to do with choices of women. As disadvantaged minorities, women do not have free will and cannot be blamed for their choices. Men choose to discriminate for their own benefit and women have always been the primary victims.

Fuck off

Conservative birth rates are 3 to 4 times higher than liberals so you've got that backwards.

So many girls in my life that want to "get into coding". None of them will try to read any books on the subject or attempt it. They say one thing but do another. So sad!

>implying a woman has ever made a pull request

Neither of those.
But nice try Mr. Goldberg
3/10

I was impressed when my intro CS classes were roughly 40-50% women.

By my 3rd year, there were 10 girls in my graduating class and they were all international students. Go figure

>Silicon Valley
>Upper Middle Class-RIch area
>SJW capital where everyone panders to women
>Literally the best place on earth for a woman to live
>"UGH WHY IS MY LIFE SO AWFUL??"

Can we just force them to live in Africa?

>why can't white men just control everything and oppress women and minorities without anyone complaining about it :(((( why doesn't anyone care about my white male feelings?

If your company says the words diversity in regards to the workforce you should quit your job. If people say it wherever you go then you should get a new career.

Who fucking cares.

Gentiles are not very smart.

You engineer the interaction between the user and the interface. You just need some webdev experience and know color theory and material design.

>most successful industry in American history
That bubble is about to burst though

Woman shouldn't work in jobs, only at home. I can understand in emergencies, she should work rather than starve, but when she has a good husband, she should stay home, and raise her beautiful 8 children, while the husband is forever grateful of the things his wife does for him (even though, she just housekeeps and babysits, it is special because she does it for him, unlike a job), and she is grateful to him for the resources he brings.

It is a proper way of organizing, maximizing efficency of a nation. I would bring back arranged marriages from the family, ban women from voting, working only when out of husband or money, repeal secularism between church and state, institute christianity or death law.

I'm doing a bridging course for chemistry.

Chem started with 5 girls, now just 1. 2 of them failed the first test, 1 went missing, the other went on a trip to Bali for the first few weeks of the course and came back completely lost on what we were doing.

Our teacher was going on about how the STEM brdiging courses aren't anywhere near as popular as humanities and the humanities have much more women.

Scholarships pay the majority cost of any STEM courses for any women in Australia but they're still oppressed :^) we had a female crew of uni students come and talk to us, all women. All of them had at least $5000 per year worth of scholarships just for existing, nothing merit based. This is on top of welfare.

they're oversocialized.
they feel a need to talk or they are "awkward" or "uninteresting". I have some female friends which can shut the fuck up, I'm marrying one of them after college.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>dying out
if you say so

And the moral of the story is...
Equal opportunity does not ensure equal outcome, the latter is what they are trying the achieve now.
To achieve equal outcome you need tyrannical central planning, which is why the left has become so commie.

> I would bring back arranged marriages from the family, ban women from voting, working only when out of husband or money, repeal secularism between church and state, institute christianity or death law.
This is why America needs feminism.

anyone that would call himself a feminist or someone for equal rights would be hung from a tree or shot.
america needs feminists with a fukin army to prevent people who think like me.
however if you do this normal people will say ur retarded and stop following you. its a lose-lose for you. Go make a baby and raise it

>silicon valley
>full of tech
>ergo full of nerds
>women don't like nerds
>ergo nerds don't like women
Women brought this on themselves.

Ive read that quote about opensource contributions being more accepted but do they say what contributions they make? I dont know anything about coding but i cant imagine a reason for that unless theyre already working on more amicable projects. I guess id be like if open slurce projects were a book are they editing grammer or adding pages? Both contribute but its obvious why one would be more frequently approved over the other

Silicon Valley is to the tech industry what the newyork stock exchange is to financials
just a backdrop for journalists to be admired by normies

only the liberals whites will die out because they have 1 or no children

Fucking retard

Why do you try to convince yourself like this?

This sounds amazing.

Lotta pajeets tho

How?

>>>/tumblr/

>I would institute the religion of cuckoldry

>white LGBT men aren't oppressed/don't count as minorities
lmao whatever homophobe

>I would bring back arranged marriages from the family, ban women from voting, working only when out of husband or money, repeal secularism between church and state, institute christianity or death law.
i thought americans didn't like islam? because this sounds exactly like islam

Christcucks and Mohammedians are basically the same thing.

>“workplace conditions, a lack of access to key creative roles, and a sense of feeling stalled in one’s career” are the main reasons women leave. “Undermining behavior from managers”
Let's break this bullshit down:

>workplace conditions
what? Don't tell me this is about the air conditioner being too cold. IT is about as posh as it gets in the workplace. If they are bitching about a lack of women to work with, women who are usually cancerous to productivity, then too bad also as IT is a fucking meritocracy.

>a lack of access to key creative roles
sorry bitch. there's not much need for 'creative' positions in IT. If you want to be jonny ive, good luck, homeboy worked very hard and frankly got lucky too. If you want something similar where you get to be creative without being extraordinary technical you aren't going to find it.

>a sense of feeling stalled in one’s career
Fucking hell. IT people are hired for their skills. Either find a way to increase your skillset or get used to doing the same thing.

>Undermining behavior from managers
translation: keeping women on task instead of allowing them their fanciful delusions

>venture capitalists, who, studies also show, find pitches delivered by men—especially handsome men—more persuasive.

>handsome men

Why are you on Sup Forums? Go back to tumblr juden

women in tech are delusional

The hatred that men bear to privilege increases in proportion as privileges become fewer and less considerable, so that democratic passions would seem to burn most fiercely just when they have least fuel. I have already given the reason for this phenomenon. When all conditions are unequal, no inequality is so great as to offend the eye, whereas the slightest dissimilarity is odious in the midst of general uniformity; the more complete this uniformity is, the more insupportable the sight of such a difference becomes. Hence it is natural that the love of equality should constantly increase together with equality itself, and that it should grow by what it feeds on.

>they also leave tech at more than twice the rate men do
Maybe, because they are the ones not qualified for that work/environment and cant even do simple tasks even when 20 beta orbiters are spoonfeeding the solutions.
But nah that cant be.
It must be patriarchy's fault.

>less qualified
>more likely to take maternity leave
>less flexible
>less of them in the field
It's not exactly difficult to figure out.

They talk because in school, they were rewarded for participation and giving your opinion even if you're totally wrong. Since women are all idiots, they can't actually get away from this kind of thinking. Unfortunately, they're still rewarded for this behavior by beta males who think having pussy nearby at all times is a good thing.

>Such bias may be particularly rife in Silicon Valley because of another of its foundational beliefs: that success in tech depends almost entirely on innate genius.

Because proactive action and trash organizations like "girls who code" have flooded the market with incompetent women and now companies instantly associate their stupidity with actual competent woman. Before that, women in tech, while few, were at least as competent as their peers.
>but we need moar womyn in tech!
No, we don't. Lack of woman in STEM is not a problem. You don't see anyone complaining about a lack of men in nursing jobs.

That's actually legit true. I'm always puzzled when my fellow liberals get so smug about "old white conservatives," dying out when it's so obvious that they're the old white people with like 10+ grad kids.

>implying their grandchildren aren't liberals now
>implying conservashit is popular with the younger generation
>implying muh smug libruhl meme
Fuck off to Sup Forums republicunt. Technology isn't for racist luddites.

The stupid thing about these kinds of pieces is that no one person can do anything about it.

I know I'm not sexist. I've been involved in hiring decisions plenty often, I just don't care - I want good people, not cocks & tits.

And you can't hire people who aren't applying. We've had like 3 women apply for backend (C++/whateverlangtogetthejobdone) jobs, one got it. We've had about 10 women apply for frontend jobs (HTML/CSS/JS), all of them were garbage and didn't get hired.

> women’s contributions to open-source software are accepted more often than men’s are, but only if their gender is unknown

I wonder if they have a real source for this. For example, my anecdotal evidence is that Paki / Pajeet women are the most competent (as a paki / pajeet can be) out of that gender bunch - which also correlates with results from ACM contests. Yet it is nowhere mentioned in the article.

>implying conservashit is popular with the younger generation

I find this argument hysterical every time its brought up

the old adage of "young at 20 no heart liberal at 40 no brains" is absolutely true

Do you guys do a fizzbuzz type thing during the interview? The ones I've gone to have no technical questions so I can't show that I'm not a dumb dumb and it kills me from getting the job

Is it actually that high? At least for the US, the figure I hear is more around 1.5.

lul btfo

Lib spectrum from most to least left: 0.5 to 1.5 and Conservative is 3.5 to 4.5 on a similar spectrum. Basically, being right wing and religious is the strongest predictor of reproduction in whites. The overall population skews super heavily on the baby boom generation, which is a fairly even split left to right, but the left side of that population group didn't breed much while the right side did.

Of course none of that matters since they'll both be dealing with minority status soon, but the white minority is shaping up to be really right wing. I just hope they never convert to Islam because if they do we are fucked.

Someone who makes up wicked sick handshakes

>ctrl+f "Yahoo"
>0 results itt

t. Progressive cancer
Thank god you're not breeding.

Stay in your containment.

It's your racial duty to breed, NEETs deserve to be killed.

It would be interesting if someone were to put together the data on this. Like an user above said woman probably don't issue a lot of pull requests so instead are always adding code which won't get denied as often as trying to remove code. I say that woman are less likely to issue pull requests because of the stats of woman being less likely to negotiate a higher salary or a promotion

>women’s contributions to open-source software are accepted more often than men’s are, but only if their gender is unknown
>literally assuming an unknown-gendered person's gender in order to make up stats that prove an unprovable point

I don't understand what is wrong with meritocracy. You perform better you get more money ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

>engineer

Wew lad

>young at 20 no heart liberal at 40 no brains"
I don't care about whatever it is you're talking about, but that was the absolute worst way you could have written that.
>Not to be a républicain at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
There, now you look less stupid

I'm a god damn teacher and I hate staff meetings when the women show up.

When it is just my department or is 90% guys the meeting is over and all issues are solved in 5 minutes and I can go to the gym.

When the women show up the shit drags on for a fucking hour and 99% of the garbage they talk about isn't even work related.

I don't even hate them but holy fuck I hate when they show up to meetings.

This is such a common thing I've been noticing from people in the past couple of years where everyone is whining and complaining about problems that only exist because mobile phones got maaaaany more people engaged in technology and everyone realized that there's money to be made now. There's no agenda or anything like that and even if there is, get over it and fix the problem rather than telling everyone that they have to fix it for you. There'

I wish we as a society could blatantly state that men are wired differently from women to a strong degree and that's why some jobs benefit greater by having a particular gender on duty. Women have a place in the work force, but they are social creatures

Gen Z is way more red pilled than the folks who just elected Trump. It's over for you, consider suicide my man

Tfw Im getting in technology to specifically keep women down

Good luck with that

Fizzbuzz is not proof of being smart.

I don't give a shit about silicon valley or womyn. Just be glad you weren't born in Somalia or someplace similar.

>>Why Is Silicon Valley So Awful to Women?
It's not. Why are SJWs/feminists so awful to women?

LibBoot and FSF had a falling out due to feminism. Although that was a dude pretending to be a woman.

That's basically what feminism is now. Great job, ladies