/spg/ - smartphone general

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Huawei P10 review
gsmarena.com/huawei_p10-review-1588.php

G G6 to be launched in the US on April 7, no white color option
gsmarena.com/lg_g6_to_be_launched_in_the_us_on_april_7_no_white_color_option-news-23908.php

Meizu M5s review
gsmarena.com/meizu_m5s-review-1586.php

New Zuk Edge Special Edition leaked
gsmarena.com/zuk_edge_ii_special_edition_images_leak_showing_dual_rear_cameras_and_a_curved_screen-news-23440.php

New Oukitel big battery phones, slimmer and lighter than before with upgraded specs.
androidheadlines.com/2017/03/oukitel-k10000-pro-k6000-plus-jet-black-u20-plus-announced-at-mwc-2017.html

old

Other urls found in this thread:

phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks
copperhead.co/android/docs/technical_overview
youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_23593137.html
mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cctv-captures-iphone-7-exploding-9598320
fox25boston.com/news/man-warning-others-after-he-says-iphone-6-exploded/481291290
bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/
bgr.com/2016/10/04/iphone-6s-battery-explosion-fire/
itechpost.com/articles/36550/20161005/another-apple-iphone-explodes-due-battery-life-issues.htm
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/02/exploding-iphone-leaves-man-with-third-degree-burns/
investorplace.com/2016/08/apple-rumors-exploding-iphone-6-battery-aapl/
hackread.com/apple-facebook-kickass-torrents-owner-arrest/
thehackernews.com/2016/07/iphone-hack-exploit.html?m=1
m.gsmarena.com/iphone_7_explodes_car_catches_fire_in_australia-news-21207.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still waiting....

siriusly why in the fuck do they ALL have to look exactly the same and brainless...
I wish i could afford vertu

Doogee shoot 1 owner here. Got camera samples to compare to my zuk z2 pro.

This one is doogee.

Looking for a sub-$200AUD ($150USD) phone with official lineageOS support.

Looks like the Xiaomi Mi 4 might be the way to go at about $160. Any major issues with it, besides potentially being chinked?

Zuk Z2 Pro

Moto G4

Had to crop this one unfortunately due to file size.

Doogee.

Oddly enough the Zuk doesn't have large file sizes for the camera.

Genuinely impress with camera image quality, but shutter speed, especially in low light, is long. Especially compared to the instantaneous snapping on the Zuk.
Doogee

>the flagship of small screen
never mind the grammar, is 5" or 5.2" really a "small screen" ?
A small phone would be something you could have in a breast pocket.

Anyone know where to buy chink phonse that delive free to EU without customs?

I used TOP-ONE on Aliexpress but for some reason it looks like that shop is dead now.

Zuk Z2 pro, much better low light image quality. The price gap is well worth it in my opinion.

The only chink phone i bought was from geekbuying and I've had no problem whatsoever.

Doogee Shoot 1 again, I think that's the last evening shot, going to compare some daylight shots now, and then some shots I've taken in the office.

As you can see, in low light the colors are much better on the Zuk, and you can even read the text.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a keyboard for android where I can type using t9?
Something I can install without google play.

Here's a HDR test done on the shoot 1.
Had to crop because of file size.

HDR off.

HDR on.

Same shot on the z2 pro.

HDR on.

Not factoring in that the zuk takes images much faster than the doogee, I'd say this is a camera that is almost as good in image quality in the day. Very good job considering its a third the price. Not as good in low light though. It really trails behind then.

Zuk z2 pro able to capture much better details with the clouds and stuff.

Ah, Sydney.

Yep. Took these on the way to work tonight

Random pics I'm taking in the office now. Indoor shots.
>Zuk z2 Pro

Doogee shoot 1

How can I buy a phone (preferably running copperheadOS) without gapps in the UK

Impressive

The Doogee Shoot really impresses me with its camera photos. With a price that Zuk Z2 can only dream of, it flies towards the top of the budget phones rankings.

>ITT people who can't afford an iPhone

Poorfags pls

Just buy the phone and install copperhead later

It really sucks in anything less than ideal lighting.

no guides on youtube, there's a text guide on the copperhead site but I'm worried about retarding it up

That's just the zukshill in you saying.

I am saying that as the owner of the doogee shoot 1.
The time it takes to take a photo in low light is atrocious, the zuk z2 camera has no delays when you take an image, just check any reviews if you don't believe me.

What does /spg/ think of the Moto Z and the Moto Z Play?

Yes, but funnily enough the zuk z2 is better in absolutely every other way. Including camera quality since it has manual camera controls to assist low light photography.

Well... that's some pretty bad quality camera right there... too bad... also too bad for that Mediatek chip, I got a Doogee phone out of sheer curiosity once, never again

On ATT in USA. I want an Android phone with a big screen. I don't care how much it costs but is any phone really worth a thousand dollars? Removable battery and expandable memory would be nice but not necessary.

Is now a good time to buy? I have a feeling my S5 is in a downward spiral right now but if there's something new that's worth waiting for I could try and hold out.

You should consider the V20, has great camera with OIS, better performance than a pixlel, a msd slot, removable battery, and is getting official lineage os support soon.

I plan to get one as soon as lineage OS matures a little for it.

Anybody can afford them with contracts, leases, loans, credit, ect. In fact I used to own one before it got touch disease (6 plus). The reason nobody buys them is because they are absolute fucking dogshit in battery life, camera, performance, features, ect.

Best backup tool? In addition to a nandroid backup

titanium backup

nexus 5x or 6p? I care about
build quality
battery life

5x is it, the 6p can bend really really badly if you sit on it by accident and all... plus it's not really as solid as the 5x is to be quite frank, yes it is metal, but it's very weak in the middle

Fucking hyped for this

I miss my BlackBerry Bold

Is there an MS paint-alike on Android? All I want to do is draw and type over a picture, why is that so hard to find?

Guys my 4G is shit , and I have a Samsung core with Family mobile (which both sucks donkey balls but can't change network)
My sister on the other hand has a Samsung j3 ,I thought little of it Intel I used and liked it, so I looked up and found the Samsung j5 but the problem is it has 3g only .would my network on the new phone be a huge difference if I had 3g instead of 4G since my 4G already sucks

Neither, consider getting an S5 active instead. It has way better build quality than both, is waterproof, doesn't require you to buy a case for it, is cheaper, and to top it all off gives you a msd slot and a removable battery you can upgrade.

Also web browsing battery life is
S5 Active - 7:26 Hours
Nexus 5X - 6:25 Hours
Nexus 6P - 6:24 Hours

phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

You can upgrade it to marshmellow which also upgrades the touchjizz UI to remove most lag it used to have.

What network are you on?

looking to put copperhead os on it as per this guys suggestion
so my options are 5x or 6p unfortunately

WCDMA/GSM/LTE

Honk-kong goldway, only xiaomi phones, 'sellers shopping method' option is customs free delivery. I've got MI5 from this seller and no taxes paid

autodesk sketchbook, free version is a little gimped but more than enough for what you want to do.

Sorry, meant to ask: what is your mobile carrier?

>only Xiaomi phones
No.

Pretty sure sites like gearbest would have EU warehouses?

How long should I expect a phone to get updates if it has official Lineage support?

Family Mobile by Walmart and It piggy backs off of t-mobile

So you would trade all of the things I mentioned for an overpriced shit phone that can run some meme OS?

Like for reals?

>meme os
copperhead.co/android/docs/technical_overview

You're gonna connect that shit to the internet m8, the botnet will get you one way or another. If privacy is that seriously important to you then install temple os on your desktop and get a dumbphone.

You sure you can't switch over to boost? They got a similar family plans if not better and the lg stylo 2 for $80 which supports 4G LTE and has 2GB of RAM/16GB ROM + msd slot.

Most of my family has complained about shit 4G LTE performance on their t-mobile phones but few about their boost phones.

yea but there's a great trade off between privacy and convenience also I hardly value what you say for a few reasons
>1337
>tripfag
>doesn't explain why the phone is shit
>doesn't explain why it's a meme os just spurts buzzwords
>doesn't realize copperhead OS is about security and privacy not just avoiding the botnet

>yea but there's a great trade off between privacy and convenience also I hardly value what you say for a few reasons
Then stop responding and filter me, my trip is for my and your convenience.

>>doesn't explain why the phone is shit
6P and 5X both have dogshit battery life, 6P has a back glass panel that spontaneously explodes and require a otterbox case else it will bend in half in your pocket, and both have non-removable batteries.

>filter me
say no more my man

This is the most beautiful smartphone ever

thanks

why the fuck do you breath through your mouth/ keep it open?

Yep it has to be the worst, my sister is on boost and it's great but I can't switch because im a poor fag until I graduate ,my dad still pays it ,but I do have about $168 towards a new phone

Z Play is pretty good if you don't/can't go full chink

Shame, there really anything good t-mobile has to offer. You should at least try convincing your dad to get you on boost. The $30 2GB plan can be reduced to $20 if you get boost dealz and auto-pay. After those 2GB you get unlimited internets albeit at 2G speeds.

Also with that money you could get a J7 which has way better specs than the Stylo 2 and has hevc video HW decoding.

That's the phone I have right now btw.

what's that?

This is why you get BlackBerry

S8

Is boost CDMA locked?

OnePlus is literally Pajeet-tier

Nope it's GSM software locked. I have heard stories of people unlocking the GSM slot and using them on other carriers.

Stop buying Chinese stuff you traitorous pigs. We need to support Donald Trump in restoring the economy and winning the trade war with China.

No, build quality is all around good but lacks a msd slot and removable battery. Only reason to get it is because of it's performance, great cooling, and uber fast dash charge.

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

Come the fuck on. Seriously everything in the Apple ecosystem works so well.....A Mac and an iPhone is god tier for getting shit done and being near bulletproof security wise. Wangblows and LagDroid is absolute shit tier. And don't forget iOS is the most secure and longest lasting and best supported (updates for like 4 years straight) I don't understand why people would buy anything else

C'mon man even republicans themselves don't support him anymore. Stop defending this imbecile.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_23593137.html

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cctv-captures-iphone-7-exploding-9598320

fox25boston.com/news/man-warning-others-after-he-says-iphone-6-exploded/481291290

bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/

bgr.com/2016/10/04/iphone-6s-battery-explosion-fire/

itechpost.com/articles/36550/20161005/another-apple-iphone-explodes-due-battery-life-issues.htm

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/02/exploding-iphone-leaves-man-with-third-degree-burns/

investorplace.com/2016/08/apple-rumors-exploding-iphone-6-battery-aapl/

hackread.com/apple-facebook-kickass-torrents-owner-arrest/

thehackernews.com/2016/07/iphone-hack-exploit.html?m=1

m.gsmarena.com/iphone_7_explodes_car_catches_fire_in_australia-news-21207.php

C'mon man, not even a retard like you can't take apple seriously anymore.

>dogshit in battery life
Valid, Apple needs to stop the thinness meme and focus on making their products good.

>Camera
How high-quality pics do you need? If you're a photographer, you're using an actual camera anyway.

>Performance
Okay, let's be real, how many people use their phone's full processing power? The most I do on mine is listen to music, discord, internet. Aside from messages and making calls. None of which require a tremendous amount of power.

>Features
What is it missing? (inb4 a headphone jack) My iPhone does everything I need it to and more, I can't think of something that I can't do with it.

>Price
Yeah, that's a major downside. Apple does overcharge like hell.

>tfw waiting for the Pixel 2 to upgrade from my 5x

I like this phone, but the battery life is so shit

>near bulletproof security wise
I'm a Macfag and I'm not this delusional.

So hyped. Gonna replace my g4 with a keyone

obvious copypasta ahead but still relevant

Let's run down the list

Android phones let you:
>have real encryption with no backdoors
>download over 100MB over mobile data
>install a third party app launcher and icons
>use it as a flash drive
>share any kind of file over wifi/bluetooth
>torrent via torrent clients in the playstore
>install apps outside the playstore
>modify a few system settings to increase performance and decrease battery drain
>manually control complex camera functions via third party apps
>natively browse files
>view better colors via amoled displays
>browse Sup Forums and natively open webms inside them via third party apps
>extract/browse archives
>add additional phone storage via a micro SD card
>replace the stock battery with a bigger one
>add widgets to your home screen
>access important functions by swiping down

ALL WITHOUT HAVING TO HACK YOUR PHONE

You can spout all the "lagdroid XDddd---" memes you want but Android phones truly are more advanced than itoddler phones and the reason why they hold over 90% of the global smartphone market share right now.

Yeah I know can't change I just need a unlocked phone that can out perform the piece of junk I'm using now which is the Samsung core

>Wangblows and LagDroid is absolute shit tier
almost took you seriously until this.

>my S4 is getting close to 4 years of use and abuse
>now the screen flickers visibly when opening apps and such
>the feel it's going to die on me soon is getting more present

I need an updated ready list of good non-chink smartphones in case my Samshit dies.

Xiaomi Mi Max
/thread

Hmm well best I can recommend in this case is the lenovo G4. There aren't many good budget options for unlocked phones beside the this and

>the reason why they hold over 90% of the global smartphone market share right now
is Pajeets on $10 curry phones stolen from the chinks

V20 and Axon 7 are worth considering.

see and pic related

HTC U Ultra

I'm not here to spout memes user, just to learn.

>Flash drive
Makes sense, I have not come close to filling the storage on my phone, but I have shittons of flash drives laying around and use old comps for servers anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

>Share over wifi/bluetooth
Does that with iCloud with my Mac, use it for various shit work related and not. If I'm doing work on the go I have my MBP anyway.

>torrents
Home computer does that anyway, I don't watch shit on my phone anyway.

>install apps outside the playstore
fine I guess, but there's nothing I really need outside the App Store.

>natively browse files
Good point, that should be in there.

>browse Sup Forums
meh, not on here enough to warrant that.

>additional phone storage
still haven't filled up my iPhone's internal storage, and whatever I don't need I remove from my phone anyway, but I'm anal about file management.

>view better colors
As trendy as Apple makes themselves out to be, I'd agree with this. iPhones really ought to have better displays.

>replace the stock battery
Something that should be on all batter-powered devices Imo. I'll agree with this.

>add widgets to your home screen.
Everything I use is already there.

>access important functions by swiping down
Already on the home screen.

>modify system settings
Should be on iPhone I agree.

>Encryption with no backdoors
I like the idea, but whatever you say or message goes through a provider anyway, the NSA/CIA have it. I just day don't put sensitive stuff on your phone.

>I'm not here to spout memes
>Lagdroid
>wangblows

>V20
Not in Europistan my friend
>Axon 7
Added to the list
>HTC U Ultra
Too expensive

Zuk Z2 Pro or Edge.

I know it's technically chinkshit, but it's still lenovo so it's decent.

Alternatively, check out honor 8. pretty sure that's available local in europe. Any news on whether honor 9 coming out soon?