You have 7 (seven) seconds to justify using Windows 7 in 2017

You have 7 (seven) seconds to justify using Windows 7 in 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-suspends-updates-kaby-lake-ryzen,33920.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Done.

>a game platform that runs on literally any OS made in the past decade
Okay?

Sure, the game platform itself runs fine on any OS, but not the games in it.

It is not bloated like win10

It just werks

Can someone redpill me on win8/10? I sit on win7 from 2011, because new versions race is for normie pleb and serious guys need stable trusted versions.

They already had 10 years.

Because 7 is a lucky number.

Nostalgia.

win 8's interface is crap
win 10 is botnet
Just use win 7

/thred
vista is better more intuitive and far easier to navigate with better functionality
but seven is lucky nubar so i use that instead

I'm paranoid that win10 was forced down peoples throat so bad because its real purpose is for spying, gathering data etc

Plus the interface is shit
Muh Win7 master race
The only OS i know how to use effectively

it just works maaan....

It's not wankbloz x

Lot of things run straight up worse on it. Lot of things have issues on it. Spyware+malware built in.

I gave up computers as a hobby so I don't care about putting in the effort to install a new OS.

This. Why the fuck are other operating systems even trying?

It's better, I've used both and chose to return to Windows 7.

Classic Theme

I'm autistic enough that I will never upgrade until I can make 10 look like 95

Actually... 10 is normie pleb. Very few people use Windows 8.1. Is it great out of box? Not really. But you can fix a UI, you can never get rid of the trust issues with Windows 10.

Windows 8.1 is known to be more stable than even Windows 7, which is saying a lot. If you have multiple monitors, you can benefit by being able to access the taskbar from any monitor. This is nice when you have a full-screen application that blocks you from accessing it on 7. On 7, I might need to put effort into getting the taskbar back by minimizing the window, but on 8.1 there is a way around it.

Really, Windows 8.1 is pretty much a patch for Windows 7, it has some small quality of life changes that might help in your use case. If you want as much CPU power and RAM you can get, Windows 8.1 is better than both Windows 10 and 7. It was pretty much a lighter version of Windows 7 with sadly a worse default UI that scared a lot of people away.

USB 3.0, M.2 SSDs, pretty much anything recent still works with Windows 8.1 if you are trying to remain up to date. Really, it isn't a case of Windows 7 being bad at all (I still find it a great OS), just the fact that Windows 8.1 has some small things that make it quite nice.

I used to be a Windows 8 naysayer. Just get ClassicShell, be willing to set up your own OS, and you got something that works the same as 7 with some nice under the hood improvements. As far as I am aware, 10 cannot be fully fixed, 8.1 is just cosmetic issues.

Oh, and before 8.1 was a botnet, the only thing it added was online accounts. You can still make a local account. Do that, turn localization off, you got an OS without OneDrive or all that garbage.

I don't. I use the best Windows, Windows M.E

because i fucking can, you stupid corporate fascist. fuck off with your shilling about muh aesthetics

No need to further sink myself into the botnet with that w10 trash.

Win fags BTFO
tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-suspends-updates-kaby-lake-ryzen,33920.html

good thing there's a mac variant of the productivity suite i use for work. guess i'm installing linux on my custom pc and using a mac for work

Like I give a fuck. I haven't even got SP1 and it works just fine

>classic theme
Kys

It works like I want to.

Microsoft's incessant nagging campaign to force me to upgrade to 10 made me vow to keep running 7 as long as humanly possible.

Meant to quote OP.

I have installed exactly 2 updates on my windows Disk, and only because I encountered actual bugs

THIS
come at me brozef

Its the highest version of windows that my CNC suite supports with its centronics driver. So until I get an ethernet controller, my mill will be connected to win7.

Think about THIS:
>Windows 7
>The seventh letter of the alphabet? Sup Forums

Coincidence? I think not.