Apple

What does Sup Forums think of Apple and its products?

Seems to me that only Starbucks Marxists use Mac laptops

they're literally the best, as long as you aren't poor

here's why every apple user is a fucking retard:
>sees apple ads in TV about how user friendly macs are ("computers for the rest of us", aka for idiots)
>friends recommend apple products because they are apple uses themselves
>"minimalistic" design appeals to the retard, he can't predict that the materials used are designed to be so flimsy to break, also ignores how other products are more ergonomic to use since those aren't just slabs of aluminium
>compares $2000 applel product to the only other laptops he's ever used: $300 walmart trash and is amazed how ""premium"" apple is
>begins to use mac OS and since it's a bit more user friendly he believes it's the greatest thing ever
>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
>likely a dumb poorfag so he has to take a loan just to buy the fucking computers
>even recommends apple to friends and tries to justify his position with unrealistic claims ("muh special functions only apple has", "I have a higher status in society if people see my computer", "it just werks", "muh special application NEEDS mac OS")

>worst of all, he doesn't even notice how much he has been cucked

tl;dr macfags are fucking retarded

>What does Sup Forums think of Apple and its products?
D O N G L E S
O
N
G
L
E
S

I hate marxists and I use some apple "products". Mainly an apple wired keyboard and magic trackpad, and hackintosh, which I have been using for a year or so now.

I get that they make terrible choices, terrible hardware fairly often, but really they are just tools.

Mr Nadella says you're using old material. If you want to be part of the Sekret Klub you must use the latest stuff.

My iPad mini 2 is a couple years old and still snappy as fuck. It's pretty nice.

But Macbooks are overpriced for their specs and only having USB-C ports is fucking stupid.

They appeal to rural and suburban fgts because they're told it does everything and don't need to buy other stuff not even anti-virus software because apples don't get viruses.

well, think about the alternatives. windows is objectively worse than macOS and the only thing it has going for it is 3rd party software availability (the gap is closing though). linux isnt a consumer OS yet. so Macs win on that front.

then theres mobile devices. would you rather buy a plastic fisher price android phone that spies on you and uses you as a botnet or iOS? choice kinda becomes clear.

S7 edge is infinitely better in build quality than the iphone plus its made in korea to boot instead of china.

both android phones and iOS ones track every little bit of data you can input on them

the difference is, iOS is optimized for a select few devices which makes it work better.

If something I would say apple wins on the software front, but they get really really shitty with the hardware.

>Starbucks Marxists use Mac laptops
somewhat this.

what continues to intrigue me is that people only talk about macbooks when apple makes other computers.

iMac and thinkpad combo is god tier. macbook is cuck teir.

Well, mac is gay - everyone know that. Starbucks Marxists is just a subtype of this group.

iMac and thinkpad? Do you hackintosh your thinkpad user?

yeah but it runs a botnet OS. the average person doesnt have time to root their device and get lineageOS or whatever.

>b-b-but apple tracks you too!
I think we can all agree out of the major tech companies, apple does it the least.

>Mainly an apple wired keyboard and magic trackpad
same but ith a iMac. i hated the magic trackpad at first, but when i am not power using or in bootcamp the shit is super nice.

Im not a pedo or a schizophrenic alt righter so i dont care about being tracked. I bought my phone because of the build quality and durability.

Yep. bettertouchtool is the bees motherfucking knees my dude

>hackintosh your thinkpad
no. windows or linux. yesterday i installed ubuntu for a specific reason but right now i am installing fedora because fuck debian distros.

Hmm.

I'm just wondering which is better battery wise for thinkpad. Also I do this VNC thing and having 2 hackintosh machines setting it up is just hilariously simple.

>bettertouchtool
for windows? i only use a mouse in windows.

Oh, I meant for macOS.

>schizophrenic alt righter

isnt it universally accepted that iPhones are the most premium/highest quality feeling phones, while Macs are the most premium/highest quality laptops?

I thought this is accepted all around.

oh. i never needed to download extra software in macos. it literally just works for me.

>Seems to me that only Starbucks Marxists use Mac laptops
>Starbucks Marxists
Fuck, my sides

If you live in 2009 maybe

>Fucking Macfags! Mac laptops are only used by Starbucks Mar-.....

Took the words right out of my mouth.

>meanwhile at home, my wifes son is playing xbox with tyrone

>mfw I just found out the fire extinguisher was edited out

> Runs so lala on literally 5 devices of the same company.
> Little to no interfaces
> Does not support most peripherals

Vs.
> Runs of literally any device of any manufacturer
> Has a fuck ton of interfaces
> Supports most peripherals

We don't even need to talk about personal experience, preference or price.

If Apple had to compete with any open platform, hardware or software, thy would see no land.

I mean it's nice and all but it's an golden cage.

>What does Sup Forums think of Apple and its products?

Fucking great, I upgraded to an MBA and iPhone SE (poorfag) from Linux and Blackberry and never looking back. Everything is so smooth and just werking and OSX is a fantastic desktop OS while still having a techy UNIX underbelly.

I'm a centrist who prefers McCafe so no.

Also the typical luser on windows
> Oh I want to to something, I'm going to install 20 tools from all around the interwebs.
> Windows is shit, slow and has viruses.

The same luser on Mac
> Oh I want to do something.
> Doesn't work out of the box
> No one needs that
> Mac is so slick and fast, no viruses

>Runs of literally any device of any manufacturer
sure thing buddy

Literally like 85% of my computer science professors I've had in the last 3 and a half years of university used a mac as their personal computer.

meanwhile, the people who are actually doing the real work...

most of the people who shit talk macs/osx have never used it. i'm 4 years into a CS degree at a top 10 university in the UK, due to graduate this year, and i've used a MBP this entire time with absolutely no issues. theres no way i could've done the same with a thinkpad. not to mention that i needed to replace my previous windows computers every 2 years, this mbp hasn't even slowed after 4.5 years. it boots within 10 seconds and it stays alive for weeks in sleep mode. i've come home from uni, transferred work over, closed the lid and left it under my bed for 2 weeks while i used my desktop at home. when i checked it, it was on 40% battery, and still had the same word doc open.

also, iphones are sweet. apple pay has saved my ass at least 20 or 30 times when i didn't have any money on me, imessage is super useful for group chats when you dont want to use whatsapp/facebook or whatever, and facetime is fantastic for talking to friends on the phone when they're in other countries. i also like that everything syncs on iCal, so i can put in shit i have to on my laptop and it comes up on my planner on my phone. not to mention that when i had my oneplus two, my phone randomly rebooted and did that "android is starting..." joke where it takes 15+ minutes to start up. i've almost fucked up internships because of that. google calendar also fucked up so often it was basically redundant and i had to set custom alarms.

in general, i like apple's products because they're very reliable and just work. they receive a lot of shit for being the "normies who have too much money and dont understand muh tech" option but then again i'm sure the people making that comparison are those who have never used them.

i do like starbux but i vote conservative

>>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
I've been using the same MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo since 2009. Had to put in an SSD, but that's all I've needed to do in the past 8 years.

LMAO!!! Starbucks Marxist! Good one. I have a Macbook pro dual booted with windows 10. I love it. I have several pc's running Ubuntu, Arch, Manjaro, Mint, and Kali.
My next pc will be a Del xps 15. Not much cheaper than a mac. I may or may not keep windows 10 pro on it.

unfortunately, some people will fall for this.

OP here. I do think there's a bit of a disconnect between Apple users generally and the rest of society. The stereotype of the typical hipster Marxist liberal arts major in Starbucks with a Macbook exists for a reason.

>vaio z flip
Made in Japan

Why even get anything else?

I totally agree. All my friends hate Mac but they have never had one. I was the same way for years until a disater called windows 8 came out. I went out and bought a Mac. I don't regret it. Actually it wasn't much more than I paid for previous laptops because I didn't have to buy a bunch of extra shit.

and i agree, but i suppose don't let one shitty group ruin your opinion about them.

i was the same. i hated macs and i thought only technologically-challenged rich kids used them. i then bought one on a good friend's advice before i went to uni - rest is history.

shill

>apple wired keyboard
Why? It's just shitty island laptop keyboards.

i am Marxist and I use 10-year old Thinkpad because do not want to support greedy capitalists and their consumerist planned obsolescence.

Nice bait. No Marxist would ever be on a technology board.

>now stuck in the apple ecosystem, has to buy a new model every 3 years because some of the hardware broke (planned obsolescence)
Been using a secondhand Air from 2012 and a secondhand 5s from 2013 with absolutely zero issues.

Apple has unparalleled build quality, you literally can't dispute this.

lol

Just went from chinkpad to macbook, best decision I've made.

Chinkpad is shit

Yes user, the white house is filled with starbucks marxists.

so far I am working with widows 10 and few linux distributuions on my PC, and i have iphone 5c for 3 years now still working as on day one, also I have no money to buy Mac :( but will need one for what I am doing...

keep this in mind, in this world there are 2 types of people, computer illiterate and computer literate

first kind of people can't maintain their PC and OS so will complain on whatever they use, those people can't extract 100% of ther PC and OS potential, those people think bigger is better (when in fact some 2-core processors goes even with 4-cores, but will claim 4-core is faster or whatnot), those people buy PCs and PC components mostly by the look at advertisments

2nd type of people are mostly some IT graduates or whatnot and i think i do not need to explain the rest...

I have a Mac. It's a piece of shit.

>toy OS that I was forced to enable root on to delete botnet apps
>giant retarded app drawer
>weak soda can shit that bends
>big bezels
>stupid keyboard
>takes nearly 25 seconds to boot using an SSD that's 3 moths old
>non-apple system partitions are forced to use hybrid-MBR making them unstable
>fucking RAM hog
>gets hot enough that it hurts to touch it even after applying Arctic Silver 5
>fans so loud that you think it'll take off like a helicopter
>have to hold fn to use the function keys, making it almost pointless in web browsers where it's easier to use the mouse
>homebrew has no fucking packages
>living in .dmg and .zip, and pkg hell, just like Windows
>apps in application dir are arranged differently than in the giant retarded app drawer
>files are fucking everywhere in a billion directories with no rhyme or reason
>can't get to the root of the FS unless using the command line
>everything is just backwards and ugly like the top bar or window controls

I hate Macs. I've only had this thing since December and I'm getting ready to sell it. It's a 2015 13 inch.

Niko = Best
Maki = Worst

>i am a marxist and bought a 10 year old thinkpad that cost over $1,000 when it was new because my bourgeois parents wouldn't buy me a macbook

I want the hardware, not the software. I bought it and I should be free to install anything I please, all the way down to the BIOS.

DELET THIS