Tfw im actually downloading windows 10 and will be deleting linux mint due to no RX 480 drivers

>tfw im actually downloading windows 10 and will be deleting linux mint due to no RX 480 drivers

did i fail, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amdgpu-rx480-linux&num=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, you've grown up.

but mint wasn't actually that bad. the disk diagram for how my data was allocated was nice, and i didn't feel like most of the meme applications (discord/spotify) were missing. it just sucks i had to get 17.x to actually use the AMD drivers. i tried to just change the script so that the ubuntu driver would work (just moved ubuntu with linuxmint) but X simply crashed so i uninstalled it. i don't want to be stuck with software rendering so im debating to just download windows 10, install it, then install arch-anywhere,subgraph os, and w/e on a virtual machine next time, although that would likely defeat its purpose since it won't be a closed system.

/thread

>but mint wasn't actually that bad.
Never said it was.

no, linux isnt meant to be a real OS, its meant to be a side project to work on over the years in your free time

Enjoy the ads built in to your OS. Next time buy hardware with drivers.

the 1070 at the time was way too much compared to the 480. this was when it just came out and it was 300 bucks in some old dudes basement shop.

No, you just do not know dualboot.

>not running KVM/Qemu and doing a PCIe pass-through of your RX480 to Windows for gaymes

that's the not the problem. the problem is that right now im using software rendering. i shoudln't go into lengths to explain why that is beyond cancer. where would software rendering even be on a benchmark?

i just installed subgraph now before getting to 10

>kernel panic

man this is like a new record. first mint, now this. is there any linux distro that supports the 480?

windows 10 kills harddrives

Wrong
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amdgpu-rx480-linux&num=2
Typical indian pajeets spreading fake news

you're a fucking retard m8. the RX 480 has great open source linux drivers. but linux mint is too outdated to have them.

get manjaro or fedora.

Source?

>not using Arch

my mom's laptop

just google "windows 10 100% harddrive"

i might install arch using arch-anywhere sometime, but i don't really feel a need since i'd end up using KDE to ensure i don't lose my mind
what's fedora like? will i get kernel panic?

Fedora just werks. It's very up-to-date. It's focused on GNOME3, but you have the option of KDE or whatever else.

Don't bother with arch-anywhere, installing arch on your own isn't that hard

Purely anecdotal but arch-anywhere didn't work for me at all for some reason

Same for me.
I had a Radeon graphics card.
Because it is not supported by Ubuntu 16.04, I have a high CPU usage even for basic tasks.
Some people have said that downgrading to Ubuntu 14.04 will solve it but I can't download the older Ubuntu now.
Also some people were giving links to some Beta drivers on AMD website but configuring them requires a lot of knowledge.
I think I will have to switch to Windows even though it is a pile of shit.

Can confirm AutismOS works out of the box with a 480.

Also the AMD drivers are not as efficient as Windows drivers.

What is the fucking problem with you people, read the thread. Why do you expect new GPUs to work with old software? Get an up-to-date OS, or learn how to use a fucking PPA.

>blaming hardware

>Twenty One Pilots
>MLP
>Bad Dragon
>White text on sky blue background
>2011+6
Do you get off on being this degenerate?

Not even for games, even rendering normal DE requires graphical processing.

I have a 7950 R9 Fury and a RX 480 and two machines with Nvidia (960 and 750ti). All of them seem to work fine for me on Linux (Manjaro). I'm using GPU passthrough as well on my main rig.

What up to date OS?

[spoiler]He rapes ponies.[/spoiler]

read the fucking thread, fedora or manjaro. or shit, even solus is rolling I think.

You did nothing wrong, now bend over.

Mint is gay
Use arch (or manjaro)

Use the Padoka PPA and Liquorix kernel.

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of ugly nigger shit with down syndrome.

>bought a powerful gpu for an OS with no games

is it really that inefficient that you need a $200 gpu?

Amd card plus linux is a no

Unless it's a radeon HD

Fpbp

No, they failed you