Unpopular tech opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/overview-firefox-aboutconfig-security-privacy-preferences/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gnu is stupid and linux is shit
macbooks are gay and windows xp was never good.

Open Source is marxism, it's letting niggers fuck your program.

php is the best programming language

(OP)
Best security here. I'll not say it twice so you better screencap it.
>Thinkpad x220 with libreboot with erased ME (github)
> Remove DD
>Custom Debian Jessie live on USB with Systemd/systemd-services/systemd-shim erased & apparmor/arpon/macchanger/dnscrypt/openvpn with scrambler patch + VPN like Mullvad paid with Bitcoins.
> Tor with locked down profile with javascript disabled (default are garbage). Check it out here : ghacks.net/overview-firefox-aboutconfig-security-privacy-preferences/
> Remove https everywhere and install smart https instead. Install ublock origin and block webrtc. Install random agent spoofer.
> "B-but muh fingerprints". No faggot, fingerprints aren't going to matter with the tweaks made in about:config.
> Buy a long-range directionnal antenna (20dBi min) and connect to a free wifi spot. Change your access point everyday.
>Realize that Sup Forums is a botnet and can't even display https by default. Realize that the gook use javascript everywhere and it's hopeless.
>To save your files use dm-crypt with plain mode on a microSD. If anything go wrong, throw it in your mouth and swallow it.

what are you talking about

Perl is the best scripting language.

I cannot bring myself to feel the AMD vs Intel and AMD vs Nvidia fights and think their internet fanboys are just hired pajeets or general american teenagers.

vim and emacs are for autists.

>using gnu/linux instead of openbsd

This is true though for all fanboys.

For desktop use, anything smaller than a TKL keyboard is retarded.

Windows 10 is the best operating system out there for the vast majority of users.

Anyone who watches cartoons or owns posters/figurines over the age of 12 should be cast out of society and left the die of exposure.

AIO cooling is just an easy way to OC. It's like cheating. Faggots

It's actually Android.

Windows 10 is even more privacy intrusive yet wastes more user time.

>VIM and EMACS are a waste of time
>Apple products are the best for people who actually want to get work done and not worry about if their riced out Arch install is going to boot

OSX > Linux > Windows

Tablets and touch screens are for children to play Angry Birds.

Windows is not more "powerful" than MacOS in any regard and it never has been.

Just because something's harder to use doesn't mean it's harder to use with a purpose, Microsoft is just abhorrently bad at user interface design. It's an arbitrary retarded schizophrenic labyrinth of obtusely named programs ("Task manager", "Control panel", "services.msc"), windows that serve one purpose, useless dialogues and buttons that open other windows that's confusing for no good reason.

A decade later and I still have yet to hear some kind of intelligent rebuttal for why using a Mac is a tradeoff. It does everything Windows does, Apple just understands what you're trying to accomplish and know that you don't want or need to edit a registry file to rebind a hotkey.

For most programming purposes higher level languages are better. We have the hardware and foundation so that it shouldn't take you 20 lines of code to loop over an array anymore. Otherwise where just gonna hit a plateau where it takes a lifetime of autismo coding to get to the point of the generation before you.

Ruby is a good example of a well designed programming language. It's readable, intuitive, uses OOP perfectly (unlike Python) and you can read the code almost like English

Rust. (I swear it's good)

I liked vista.

Unicode was a colossal mistake.

>20 lines of code to loop over an array anymore
When has it ever?

I can understand Free Software, but open source? You're a nigger trying to fuck my freedom.

You are wrong. I like unicode. it's good. Why do you hate freedom, user?

C

If something works, it's high tech. If something doesn't work it's low tech. Every other consideration is aesthetic or classist or elitist or a ruse or a scam or maybe worst. Of course classisism and elitism is the norm around here. Why I keep coming back.

Youre everything thats wrong with modern programmers. This whole ignorance of the system as a whole/how the language functions produces really shitty code and really shitty programmers.

Youll see this if you ever get beyond your university's second intro class.

i don't like phones

So why don't you just write everything in assembly or even machine code then?

C takes one line to iterate over an array you stupid piece of shit. I generally find it easier than Python because as soon as you want to work with an iterator in Python it's a pain in the ass.

He's not wrong. Higher level languages have their place and so do lower level languages. Lower level is harder but it doesn't mean it's more useful; use the right tool for the job. I mean, would you use a screwdriver to hammer a nail? Or a hammer to screw in a screw?

ASCII is simpler and comfier and sufficient for all relevant communication.

Fuck other countries.

Dunno about that other guy, but I've done both of those.
It sucked.

Coding is for autists and pajeets

Exactly. And I imagine it would suck trying to program a website in C

Hitler was right

h tee tee pee ess colon slash slash doube u double u double u dot four cuh huh ah nuh dot oh ruh guh forward slash bee forward slash

Yep.

Fucking plebs can't even program their own kernel in HTML?

so what os is good?

He probably unironically uses ReactOS because he thinks it keeps him secure

Desktop Linux is a fucking awful mess, and they still can't get basic functionality right after 20+ years of active development.

It's really not all that different

There just doesn't exist a good framework because no one's bothered

Okay, go make a website in C then you superior motherfucker. Oh god can I please fuck you, user?

gnu and linux devs arent actually that good because they do it for free. Also stallman hasnt been useful to the FSF for years

.NET

There isn't a good framework, twatface

Once you can embed C code the difference is almost negligable

Why are you being so rude to me? I complimented you and called you superior.

Stop with the fucking apps! No, i do not want to install yet another app that's going to make noises at me at two in the fucking morning to let me know that there's a sale on large sodas!

No, i do not want to pay online for shit! Take a fucking check like normal people! I don't want to put my bank information in some no name fucking website that doesn't mentiom anything about security at all, just so your lazy ass doesn't have to drive to the bank twice a month!

Fuck off with your mailing lists to view content!

Stop making videos for everything! This should be a two bullet point list at most! I dont want to watch a thirty second intro of your spinning logo, followed by a five minute video of you making a jackass of yourself, followed by another minute of clips from other dumb as fuck videos you made!

On that note, just show me the fucking content! I'm not making an account to read two things in a day! Fuck you!

All Linux distros are useless in programming, office shit and gayming

Internet needs 64k speed to be less cancerous.

>Hurr Ruby is dumb and this is what's wrong with programmers nowadays
>Okay code a website in C then
>I can't there's no framework

having 10+mb worth of javascript frameworks is alright with me
And its should be standardized
Its cached anyway

This is actually halfway true. It's incredible how websites don't load any faster now with 10 MB/s than they did with 64 KB/s

> And its should be standardized
Maybe learn English before you post, Pajeet!

Yeah basically

What's your argument?

There are no good UI toolkits. This includes "HTML and CSS" because the web is a meme.

My argument is that the original point made: for purposes that don't require raw power it is better to build on work done for you (eg frameworks, high level languages) than try to do everything in C. Then you say this is retarded, but you couldn't code a website like one made with Rails in C if your life depended on it.

Apple still makes the best laptops on the market, which is kinda sad.

Linux is a bloated POS and will only get worse.

Rust is an exciting, non meme-tier language.

The best ultrabook right now is the new Macbook Pro.

Open Source Software is a race to the bottom.

Perl was a mistake. And instead of learning from it we went further and created PHP, Ruby and Python.

"Everyone should learn how to program" is an scheme to oversaturate the market and drop wages down.

Normies don't give a fuck about privacy and worrying about it only makes you look like a pedo.

Gr8 b8 m8

>
>He probably unironically uses ReactOS because he thinks it keeps him secure
>implying an operating system can be used unironically

I'm pretty pro-AMD in terms of my purchasing, but boy, do i enjoy shitting on them in Sup Forums, maybe it's because it's weirdly fun shitting on the side you actually support or because of the reactions. i don't know.

>The best ultrabook right now is the new Macbook Pro.
Too obvious, man.

Most of you guys are spending thousands of dollars on technology so you can discuss technology on the internet.

These guys right here.

PHP is pretty comfy. I don't understand the hate.

>when spics and frogs get assblasted that no one cares about their stupid fucking accent marks

i choose not to support free content creators.

i like windows 10.

i like arch

i apple products are overpriced memes

you dont actually need a smartphone

ubuntu is the best linux for private and corporate use, perioud.

none

It's not so funny anymore, because we actually can do drivers in javascript

Are you me?

no.

Vista was good and could view animated gifs.

TempleOS

C++ is actually a reasonable good language. Not the best, but it gets things done.

Lisp and Perl are obsolete languages and there is nothing to learn from them.

Rust is the only real innovation in PL in the last 10 years.

Deep Learning hype is the new AI/OOP/Java/Cloud/NoSQL-style marketing hype and will die out soon.

JS coders aren't real programmers.

Windows 10 is a good OS, it isn't any worse than Window 7.

Linux won't be ready for desktop in the foreseeable future. Windows is way better for a regular user.

Arch Linux is a good distrib, but I won't recommend it for anybody.

Mechanical keyboards are cargo cult for people who haven't typed anything worthwhile in their life.

Watches, whatever mechanical or smart, are fashion accessory for insecure people wanting to demonstrate their supposed status by conspicuous consumption. Same thing with Apple products.

Terry is mentally ill and Sup Forums should leave him alone.

>Windows 10 is a good OS, it isn't any worse than Window 7.
Oh fuck off

>Terry is mentally ill and Sup Forums should leave him alone

Sad to say but I agree. At this point it feels like Sup Forums harasses and gets him all riled up for their amusement. I think he's still an interesting guy, and TempleOS isn't something you could make up, but the extent to which Sup Forums users have begun to interact with him is not okay.

>being this paranoid
>not just using fedora with full disk encryption and a vpn at all times and calling it a day
I shiggy diggy

100% agree. Although I'd say that ATS and Shen can give Rust a run for its money in terms of PL innovation.

you only need 15mb/s up and down of internet speed.

People don't need to be worried about seeking anonymity online if they exercise common sense and aren't important*

If you have time to be online you're not important

My Zune is still superior to the ipod

QubesOS is pretty comfy desu.

If you aren't running an SSD on anything, you don't deserve to live. It is the new age of speed and you got to get out the slow HDDs.

Agreed

Anything executable should go on an ssd because HDDs are dogshit

Media should go on the HDD tho

I, as a western, universitary-schooled, PhD level programmer, prefer Windows over IOS and GNU/Linux because I don't need to work with archaic command line tools to write, compile and run my code during the development stage.

CIA Niggers btfo

This.
How hard is it really to have a checkbox in mouse settings to turn mouse acceleration off instead of having to go into protected files to manually change a settings file, when a cursory google search for "mouse acceleration" gives "how to turn mouse acceleration off in windows 7" as the first result?

Also, speaking of searching, I don't trust any of the non-Google search engines that everyone here says to switch to, even if Big Scary Google is logging all my search data. They remind me far too much of the alternative search engines that the trojan-horse crapware on my grandpa's computer forced into being the homepage, and I just don't trust them to *not* log my data. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

I guess dragging the slider all the way to the right which is effectively 0 is too hard when it could have been a checkbox.

Err, meant left.

Systemd not only isn't an abomination, it's a worthwhile improvement over SysV. There's a reason why a bunch of big distros adopted it, even conservative ones like Debian. It has its problems, but the hatred for it is a vastly overblown meme.

What distro are you using and where do I get it. Alternatively, how do I unfuck myself out of seeing pic related instead of what you're seeing.

>everything i use is good everything i have no use for is useless, bad and shouldn't exist

niggers can't into programming

That's from Cinnamon, likewise KDE also offers that option. I assume Unity does not have it then, which is weird, since it's Ubuntu is a distro whose mission is to pander to "casuals" (and I mean it in a non-offensive way).

Apparently though there's a plugin called gpointing-device-settings (which you can get with sudo apt-get install gpointing-device-settings) that should add more options to the device settings.

I'm a software engineer and I think all computers are pretty much useless and a waste of time.

I also think all software should be free (as in freedom), not because of some human rights thing, but rather because of how useless it all is. Math and computation are just tricks people use to make themselves seem smart. Anyone falling for the trick of software supposedly "creating value" got scammed.