Redpill me on Rice cookers

Are they worth it?
If yes, recommend me some good entry-level models please. As I understood, Japanese brands are the best ?

Also Rice cooker general I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896713002
bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/aroma-aroma-rice-cooker-arc914d-4-cup-multi-function-arc-914d/10451411.aspx?
youtube.com/watch?v=Jf75I9LKhvg
amazon.com/Zojirushi-NHS-18-10-Cup-Uncooked-Steamer/dp/B00004S577
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

learn2cook kiddo

/ck/ would be more appropriate.

Forgot to mention I'm a student living in a dorm so I'm looking for one on the smaller side

>tfw got a rice cooker last week

Perfect rice for days

You think so? I thought guys on Sup Forums would know better about technology as those these things are pretty hightech

>go put away clean dishes, empty the dishes in the sink into the washer, wipe counters, and start a pot of rice in my cooker
>come back to computer and check Sup Forums
>this thread

pic related

Anyway way OP, I have and older Aroma model, basically identical to this one:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896713002

Works just fine, no bullshit, and you can probably find it locally at Home Depot or Walmart.

I ordered this back in 2014.

>flawless rice every time
>keeps rice perfect for days through the keep warm and humidity sensor
>still the flagship model after all these years

I feel it has paid for itself several times over. I'm in the process of buying an "expensive" commercial microwave because I've since burned through 4 microwaves. Appliances are truly investments.

Do you like rice? This allows you to cook them. A pot and water also works.

Nice, so Aroma is a good brand? I'm really new to this

I found this one on Best buy : bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/aroma-aroma-rice-cooker-arc914d-4-cup-multi-function-arc-914d/10451411.aspx?
But have to order it still

Learn how to do it with a pot. It's not hard at all.

Yes

What's the difference between using a rice cooker and a regular pot?

Without the rice cooker you don't have useless kitchen equipment.

Regular pot: Cheap, reliable, some skill required. Cooks rice, cooks other things too.

Rice cooker: Pricier, can break, no skill required. Cooks rice, can keep cooked rice hot without burning it.

Get a 20 dollar one from Amazon

I cook everything in my cheap rice cooker, chicken, noodles, frozen vegetables

>>keeps rice perfect for days through the keep warm and humidity sensor
Hmm mold

you don't need rice cooker

youtube.com/watch?v=Jf75I9LKhvg

at that price, it fucking better

Rice cookers blow dick. They always fuck up the rice. Just use a pot. It literally could not be easier.

Rice cooker will offer perceived convenience (considering using a pot is just as easy because you literally just put water and rice in and let it cook this is bullshit) in return for fucking up the rice every time.

You know why they use rice cookers in GRORIOUS NIPPONGO?
Because they eat rice for basically every fucking meal every day.

Its like how every britbong has a kettle in their kitchen. Sure it's easy to boil water in a pan but when you're making a million cups of tea a day that shit gets boring real quick.

Why don't you buy it locally?

Rice cookers are a massive convenience.

Trust me, I cook rice on a large scale sometimes. Having the extra burner free when you are trying to make other dishes at the same time is a life saver.

You will still need to learn how to cook rice on the stovetop for other dishes like risotto and spanish rice. But there is no reason to trouble yourself for plain white rice.

>Because they eat rice for basically every meal every day.
This is true of pretty much 90% of Asia.

Well I'll give you the /ck/ answer. Unless you eat an insane amount of rice it really isn't worth the cost, but if you're really a lazy fuck that can't use a pot to make rice and have cash or you actually do eat rice like an Asian then go ahead and invest in one.

>no babysitting
>easier to wash and clean
>keep warm

Mind that you probably don't eat rice every day so you'll likely overlook those two conveniences

Dude you're not supposed to store rice for days, at least keep it refrigerated, rice can actually turn real bad and get a serious strain of mold on it.

just get a pressure cooker

Does it cook you bacon eggs breakfast and give you a blowjob every morning as well?

Timer options is what make rice cookers shine, yes rice is easy to make in a pot, but it's great to come home to fresh cooked rice and then just toss some stir fried veggies on it for an easy meal in minutes

>Buy rice cooker
>Plug it in
>Turn it on
>Blue smoke
>Smell burning
>Throw it in the sink and turn tap on
>Sparks everywhere
>Power all goes out
>Rice cooker is melted to the sink

Nah man it keeps rice good though the power of science

I once kept it for like 10 days and it still tasted fine

It cooks rice at like 160c and basically sterilizes everything including the cooker itself unlike pleb rice cooker

>eating rice
Even I rarely eat that.

I eat cargo rice twice a day and cook it in a $15 rice cooker. Once you figure out how much water you need it's perfect. pot is good for uncle bens american rice shit but trash for any good asian rice.

Why would you attempt to put an electronic fire out with water? Are you retarded?

Yeah I thought about that. How does it work and does it cook good rice too ?

I've got an instant pot and it's great at easy pressure cooking and does a good job slow cooking but the rice is pretty meh. It never seems to get it just right. Either it's too soggy for my tastes if you add the specified amount of water or it seems to burn if you use any less. I either use a pot to cook rice or just throw a handful in a soup or stew that I've already pressure cooked.

dnf install pizza?

I thought Sup Forums was full of gaijin and they didn't eat rice.
As a typical Asian, I can tell you that a decent Japanese brand $75 rice cooker should suffice even if you eat rice all day every day. Unless you want to cook rice in a whole new autistic level like saying something like "much rice is full of sweet carbohydrate flavour" when you taste the rice.

>Buy big bag of el cheapo rice
>Wash it
>Boil in pot
>Comes out mushy or pretty similar to risotto full of starch

>Buy little box of more expensive uncle bens rice baggies
>Boil in pot
>Pretty much perfect

I don't get it

I do. You cannot cook. Boil in bag rice tastes awful. A rice cooker would actually be better.

Uncle Ben is parboiled shit it's designed to be impossible to fuck up. Perfectly made rice clumps together and is soft to the core yet retains their shape and when you separate the rice it doesn't break the grain in half.

Measure out how much rice you want I a cup or glass, add twice as much volume of water and leave the stove on untill it starts boiling, then just remove the kettle or w/e you call it from the stove and wait. Remove the lid after a couple of minutes, if all the water has been absorbed you've got some gucci rice.

cooking rice in the microwave in a glass bowl is faster and easier and the rice comes out better

>I can tell you that a decent Japanese brand $75 rice cooker should suffice
Cool, that's probably what was going with. Any particular brands/model to recommend or anything japanese in that price range is good ?

reported

Fuck off gook

>put small amounts of oil in pot
>put rice in pot
>heat it till majority of rice is white
>put salted water on it, heat till boiled
>taste the rice, if still hard and crunchy, boil for 2 more minutes
>after 2 minutes, wait for rice to soak the water in for like 15 mins

you now know how to cook rice

>put x cups of rice and 2*x cups of water in a bowl
>put it in microwave
>push the rice button

is there an all in one rice cooker with additional feature like bread maker, bake chicken, heating egg etc stuff?

>oil

lyl

amazon.com/Zojirushi-NHS-18-10-Cup-Uncooked-Steamer/dp/B00004S577
If you just want to cook rice with a cooker, here it is. I don't remember whether I use the 1.0L or 1.8L model, but they are more or less the same. Just no fancy and just werk.
1.8 litre rice cooker may be a bit overkill for you, so you may consider models with a smaller capacity.

There was smoke everywhere I needed to stop it burning and smoking the place up

I have the same one. I accidentally left mine on all day and night yet the rice was still perfect the next day

Well worth the investment. No more forgetting about that pot on the stove