twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AMD

They released a server processor on a desktop platform

It costs a lot.

Nothing went wrong.
AMD as usual.

>What went wrong?

Too much hype & dishonesty.

If Lisa Su came out and said, we created a mid tier product aimed at the value market, then everybody would love AMD right now.

But no, they had to make those ridiculous performance claims they can never live up to and now AMD is back to square 1 where nobody trusts them.

No motherboards. That's what went wrong.

They said they would release a CPU close to the perf of Broadwell-E which is what pretty much happened

This + it was marketed for gaymers.

>If Lisa Su came out and said, we created a mid tier product aimed at the value market, then everybody would love AMD right now.
>But no, they had to make those ridiculous performance claims they can never live up to and now AMD is back to square 1 where nobody trusts them.

this.

Infinity fabric? More like Lagfinity fabric. Infinity lagric. Etc.

Can someone explain this?

>skylake comes out
HUGE disappointment, tiny increase in performance, actually in games it was slower than devil's canyon

>Kaby Lake comes out
Every review bash it, even smaller increase in performance, stock higher clocks give it some edge but thats it. Only true gift of the architecture was G4560 a cheap pentium with hypertreading making it basically i3

>Ryzen comes out
OMG ITS NOT ON LEVEL OF KABY LAKE IN SOME GAMES, ITS SHIT!

Conguroglation to rysen designer and amd workers, i ask near 20 ryzen buyer ,are you happy with ryzen , 100% say YES

People must be clever and dont belive intel seller gossip to harm ryzen

I hope all understand ryzen technology new 99% of games(software) cant relize and see ryzen cores truley

Like CPU-Z erorr in 1st week , after add ryzen works exclent , so games need time to update to see ryzen truely (if you check youtube games test ryzen games can use avrage 20% of cpu , 2core 4 threat only!!!!!!!???)

I promise ryzen 7 real and total power is 200% more from i7-7700

However compair 7700 with 4 core(produce for game) not fair with 8core cpu(optimize for workstation)

Thanks to all in amd, i belive after software update and VEGA graphic,we will see 100% moreryzen power(speed)

They targeted their product at gamers instead of people who would actually benefit from 8 cores

Remember to hide and sage shill threads !

Gay.mers started to shill for intel

Literally nothing.

Before ryzen was released everyone said they'd be satisfied if zen it levels with haswell processors.

Ryzen came out and it is 95% as powerful as the latest gen intel processor in single core performance and smashes intel at everything multicore.

It's a brand new processor, very different from any designs previously developed by intel and AMD. Therefore you can't expect every engine and every compiler be optimized for it. Tbh for how new the ryzen family is their power will only go up in the next few month while intel's cpu have already leveled out.

Yes, ryzen is weaker on 1080p games? But who buys a >$500 cpu to play 1080p games? It is marketed at people who buy 10-core intel cpus which it crushes.

If you want to play 1080p games you'll want to get a sub $300 cpu which the 1600X will deliver.

I guess the bitterness primarily stems from sour intel buyers who recently purchased a 7700k. Typical fox and the grapes situation

all this blatant shilling makes me want to buy AMD out of spite.

It is not so much shilling as it is buyer's remorse.

Honestly this,
I fell for faildozer and now ryzen.

disastrous launch, reviewers getting wildly fluctuating results

ignore the shills and fanboys

why didn't you read reviews you dumb shit heap

Nothing. It is a solid CPU. Nothing too fancy, but not bad either. It's just 4chin basement dwellers throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get laid in 5 years. If there was a dual socket solution for ryzen cpus, I'd buy dual 1800x in a heartbeat.

AMD Didn't make a CPU "For the gamers"® and instead focused on pushing core-count.

I meant buyer's remorse as in "I bought intel and I now found out I bet on the wrong horse".

Nice try shlomo.

>an entire thread of intel marketers

except it wasnt marketed for gamers.

and dont you dare post that out of context screenshot some nigger posted before, it doesnt mean what you think it means.

Shills gotta shill my man.

>it wasn't marketed for gamers
except the video game playing and video game streaming benchmarks AMD kept showing
except the free game promotions they sent out
except the esport professionals they hired to promote
except for pic related which mentions gaming in every product description

please stop giving the Intel shills such an easy argument to wreck.

>you promote consumer CPUs with mostly consumer things
Water is wet.

woops, wrong picture

Memory controller is dogshit, the motherfucker only works with single rank memory and only two sticks.
8 core and only 16 GB of RAM is retarded.
Put 4 single rank sticks on it and it doesn't boot past 2133 MHz which is fucking ridiculous.
4 dual rank sticks it probably doesn't even boot.
Motherboards are utter shit and the decent ones are not really that cheaper than intel 2021-3 shit.

>except it wasnt marketed for gamers.
KILL
YOUR
SELF
NOW

Nice try, Ramesh.

youtube.com/watch?v=1v44wWAOHn8
First ten seconds.

>Memory controller is dogshit
Better than Intel's.

If they didnt show that shit everyone would cry wolf.

#BTFO

lol sauce?

that's not the R7

>and content creators

Intel ARK.

>AND content creators
>doesn't understand the fundamental difference between AND from OR

Own so? Intel can run dual rank shit at insane speed.

Welcome to mature platform.

It feels like Sup Forums is full of newshits that've never witnessed Nehalem launch.

Getting gamers to beta test a primarily server/mobile architecture. So from a commercial standpoint, absolutely nothing.

Also from a design standpoint, the Zen core is amazing. Infinity fabric being locked to the memory clock speed holds performance in some applications back a lot though, which is where Ryzen's "bad" gaming performance compared to everything else comes from. There's been a rumour floating around that AMD is planning on releasing a stepping that will "fix" said performance issues, I have no idea if the rumour is true or not, but if it is, I think the "fix" will involve pegging the infinity fabric to the core clock speed, instead of the memory speed.

People expecting it to make up the gigantic gap between Intel and AMD in one swoop.

They actualy got alot fucking further than I expected, and closed the gap by about 90 %.

But Kabylake and Skylake are still better and reach higher clockspeeds.

I'd say Ryzen is a very promising platform to build on.

It did the day it came out.
I don't see AMD going from no boot at 2133 MHz to running stable at 3200 MHz.
Having 8 cores and not being able to have at the very least 32 GB of RAM is retarded.

Yes, because guess what, there's been no radical arch changes since Nehalem. And Nehalem had the same memory problems.

Nothing all all. Ryzen performs as expected.

It is just try-hard gayming idiots who insist that 5-10% gain in gaming performnace from moving to a Kabe Lake chip is somehow world-changing and the only criteria that matters while ignoring rest of the rest of the reasons on why you get a powerful CPU. R7 Ryzen is a workforce CPU that rivals Intel solutions for 1/2 of the platform cost.

If you are gayming on a PC you are going to get a 7350 or Pentium 4368. You aren't going to getting a i7-7700K, i7-6900K or R7 1700-1800.

Actualy the problem is AMD fanboys insisting Ryzen is as good in gaming as Intel cpu's at the same price, which it just isn't

Yep, 7700K was never a good buy in the first place for mainstream and gaming workloads. The smarter gaymer-fags would have gotten either a Pentium 4380 or 7350 which has 95-98% performance of a 7700K at gaming for 1/2 of the cost.

no, i havent seen a single fucking person claim it is AS GOOD as intel

>7fps lower

BTFO AMD IS DEAD AND DONE FOR, ALWAYS BUY INTEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCAMMED!

No it didn't, and Nehalem was DDR3.
I remember running 2133 MHz and more out of the box with I7-920 and DFI X58-T3eH9.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50&t=909s

7 fps difference on what?

On 110 fps, that might not be a big deal, on 40 fps, it is

where exactly does he claim "RYZEN IS EXACTLY AS GOOD AS I7 AT GAMING" ?
he's just repeating what AMD said about improving game performance

>No it didn't
Yes it did. Also Ryzen runs 3200 already.

Who are these people? A 7700K can perform better on Adobe programs and video rendering than a Ryzen AND you still have a better gaming processor

Actually, there were some stupid teething issues with some first-generation Socket 1366 motherboards running multiple sticks of DIMMs at DDR3-1600 and beyond. The second and third-patch of X58 boards fixed the issues.

>I have better performance but somehow I'm jealous of a lesser product

you mean the same fucking tests where the 6900k gets beaten by the 7700k because the applications arent properly threaded?

oh wow it's fucking nothing

Abobe programs load memory bandwidth and I/O throughput about all else. It comes to no shock that Socket 2011 and Socket 1151 solutions beat AMD solutions at the moment. AMD just needs to match Intel at memory bandwidth efficiency at DDR4.

Yeah let's wait so Adobe properly thread their applications to justify the purchase of my 48 Thread CPU

With only 2 sticks and single rank memory.
That means you are basically limited to 16 GB of RAM.

You can always find some shitty motherboard, the vast majority worked fine.
The same can't be said for Ryzen.

Unironically just wait™.

They had 5 years

>it took an entire mobo revision to fix it
(you).

the 7700K is a fucking beast. it's the 2700K with half a decade of improvements. it's the best gaming CPU ever made, bar none. for AMD to beat it directly would be a god damn miracle. if they have any chance, it's with further refinements to Zen, and even then the chances are low.

it doesn't reflect poorly on AMD that they're not beating it. not even Intel can beat Intel on this. their halo product wrecks any attempt they've ever made at upping the core count.

with that said, this is only one product we're talking about. it's possible that Intel will have a best-in-class chip with the 7700K, while the i5, i3, X99 and Xeon lines get severely dug into by Ryzen and Naples. the only time I see people mention the i3s and i5s is when they're cherry picking titles that have a massive Intel bias. in all other aspects those chip might as well not exist, and that's extremely telling.

The fuck are you talking about nigger?
Not every single motherboard at launch had memory issues.

Nothing went wrong...it's a great all around processor for a reasonable price and a massive improvement over their previous cup.

except only a few games even use all the threads and the biggest difference is higher minimum FPS

Because not every mobo launched with fucking brand new uarch you cumguzzler.

>AND content creators

mfw you dont understand english

there's always the possibility that the mainstream i7 is only so good because nearly all devs use it as their target platform. it only makes sense.

all the 7700K's threads sit at full utilization in all the 1080p tests, while Ryzen's core utilization is almost always an uneven clusterfuck. this could either mean that Ryzen needs to be actively optimized for to reach its full potential, or that it's just not suited for games by nature.

in any case, the people who can truly answer this aren't on Sup Forums, so we're just left with shitposting.

you dont really get more performance with an i7 over the i5 so your statement is not correct. the extra threads of the i7 just evens out the FPS more.

Get your fact straights, first you talk of new motherboard revision needed to fix some issue only some motherboards had, then you talk of uarch (that in niggertalk I suppose means microcode).
That does not change the fact that Ryzen is limited to 16 GB of RAM, 32 or 64 GB of RAM comes at the cost of performance.
The fact alone that at a given memory speed dual rank dimms perform worse that single rank dimms is a good indicator that the memory controller is dogshit.

Our company is leap years behind Intel and instead of just admitting defeat and changing our target market we decide to charge full steam ahead.

and it worked, they closed the gap significantly

>you dont really get more performance with an i7 over the i5
literally disprovable with 2 minutes of googling

unless you mean at 1440p or 4K, which is a stupid point to make

>changing our target market
what the fuck else would they sell? every other silicon market is saturated

hell, even without the license bullshit, integrating the x86 market would be damn near impossible.

It is AMD's first shot at DDR4 and a different memory controller from their previous attempts.

Intel had similar performance and compatibility issues with DDR3 back in the day when it was new (Socket 775 and 1366-era)

AMD's engineers will most likely get it right with next stepping or two.

look at gta5 1080p

AMD as usual

That's why you should wait for whatever comes next, or get a i5/i7

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INTEL IS PERFECT. THEY HAD NO PROBLEMS.

>it doesnt mean what you think it means.
kek

They had some shit products, pentium 4 for example.
Nehalem was not shit tho, it literally destroyed anything we had before.

The problem is that Ryzen is actually a dual Quad-core CPU on a single package. The CCX crossbar is a I/O bottleneck and Windows 10 attempts to treat the CPU as a "eight core CPU". I wouldn't be shock that MS patch will simply changes for "Ryzen family" scheduling over to dual-socket mode and poof most of the problems go away.

Everything.

>Nehalem was not shit tho, it literally destroyed anything we had before.
Yes but it took time for devs to adjust to new arch. It happens every fucking time.

>just wait

The chip is not at fault i-it's Windows!

>implying that Intel-fags didn't say that same thing with Bloomfield, Haswell and Skylake launches......

Wait for fixes, they are surely coming.
>you won't notice a frame or two less goy
>muh cores are worth it
>futureproof

Everywhere

>this amount of mental gymnastics
>'it was never targeted at gamers'
>first 10 seconds of presentation
>'this is a great day for pc gamers and content creators'

Are you truly this fucking stupid