Be a windows user for 20 years

> Be a windows user for 20 years
> Discover Linoox
> Linoox user
> I have used Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Gentoo
> At some point I even considered using BSD
> Today installed Windows 10
> Everything just werks and uses less resources than any competetive linux DE's

Did I have my comfiest OS always in my hands?

Redpill me on Wangblows Sup Forums

>Pic not related

> Inb4 privacy meme - I can use bitlocker so most of humanity won't be able to get my data. I can't be bothered by CIA or any other government shit because I am IT student and not child raping nigger and I would comply anyways if I was asked.

windows 10 kills drives

Any proof?

No joke, I tried installing W10 after using Ubuntu for 10 months because
>no software
I was really looking forward to just werks.

Instead I got that stupid "Something Happened :( " about 3 times after install. I don't understand how I fucked up. It's literally unusable because I keep getting that same bluescreen. I don't understand how everyone has such wildly different experiences with the same operating systems. Is this just hardware dependent?

What even are you talking about? I've had Win10 on my laptop for 2 years and the disk is still as healthy as it ever was.

macOS > win10

>tfw the best OS is behind a paywall to keep out the poorfag shitposters
>tfw the best OS is behind a tech wall because retarded winkek users like OP can't hackintosh
>tfw macOS is the best OS of all time

When I first installed Win10 I got the same shit. Just write down the reason (which is stated on the BSOD) and google it. In my case it was faulty gpu drivers, so I reinstalled and it works perfectly.

My HDDs are in even better health than when I installed it. IME Win10 heals drives.

OP here, I am pretty sure my T420 can easily get hackintosh but at this point it's better to have linux. MacOS is only any good on Apple devices.

> Everything just werks and uses less resources than any compeditive linux DEs

On my computer windows 10(fresh install) eats 1gb of ram(out of 2gb)

Meanwhile ubuntu(fresh install) eats less than a quarter(yes ubuntu with good old fat unity)

Also task manager displays my drive is at 100% all the time.

Somehow i doubt your legitimacy

Windows is great. Don't listen to the haters. needs some tweaking though.

>On my computer windows 10(fresh install) eats 1gb of ram(out of 2gb)

Funny cause for me Windows 10 takes around 700 mb on 6gb ram machine and it gets even lower on lower memory machines.

>Meanwhile ubuntu(fresh install) eats less than a quarter(yes ubuntu with good old fat unity)

Mine eats 1,5G so 2 times more than Micro$oft Windows

>Windows is great. Don't listen to the haters. needs some tweaking though.

1. Sometimes our bias might make it look like there is hate , but it is actual criticism. I hope you can seperate the criticism user.

2. How is it great if it needs tweaking?

>MacOS is only any good on Apple devices.

Yeah congratulations 25 years later you finally understand Apple's philosophy on computing. A machine is only as good as the software its running, software can only perform as good as the machine lets it. Both need to be developed and made together by the same people in order to achieve a refined and extremely tightly integrated user experience.

>How is it great if it needs tweaking

Okay, I'm sure you use base Linux without any changes or tweaks yourself.

>How is it great if it needs tweaking?

You do realise that eliminates any OS in your book? Every OS needs tweaking for your personal taste.

macOS is better than windows 10. shit, after what microsoft pulled last and current year i'd even use windows 8.
dual booting sierra/win 7 on my iMac and """""""TRYING"""""""" to install a gui on freebsd on my x220 because anything is better than gahnooslashloonix.

Well that's weird...

After all the more ram you have the more is taken(true for all software)
Maybe swap helps more than i thought
Then again windows has it's own version of swap called pagefiles but that has not been working well for me...

>Using Bitlocker
>Not using VeraCrypt

Look, OP, it's one thing if you're going to use a shitty OS, but don't use shitty encryption. Remember: if the government can break your encryption, so can criminals.

Am i the only autist that does not change an OS he is given?

So you use the default username and password, then?

OP here, can you use VeraCrypt on your system partition?

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

He says as he pulls a dildo out of his ass

Oh i see what you mean....

But no i just don't do things like change the desktop or change wallpaper. Or add any conveniences like a desktop clock.

I will add programs but they do not have anything to do with cosmetics, i am not good with that.

>mfw hdd died and I haven't been assed to change admin name or wallpaper on new hdd

However, I did a ton of other shit so that's where my laziness ends.

>privacy meme
lol

used Windows 10 on a new laptop

piece of shit kept crashing with BSOD, I was tired of googling error messages so just installed Arch with GNOME and haven't had a problem since

fuck windows, can't believe people willingly pay for that shit.

>used Windows 10 on a new laptop
>piece of shit kept crashing with BSOD

probably shouldn't have jacked off onto the keyboard i guess

the NT platform needs to die a horrible death

seriously, it's been almost 25 years

M$ needs to build a new platform (kernel etc.) from the ground up, because the cracks are getting huge and they can't keep putting duct tape onto it and say "it's the new trend"

One where there is no fragmentation on the disk, no registry, no svchost etc.

I mean most alternatives of winshit already implemented such stuff, and it makes me vomit that fragmentation is still a thing people need to worry about in 2017 when using HDDs

>inb4 go full SSD
not happening, it's still too expensive

>Win10: the patron saint of healthy drives and botnets

>Trusting Microsoft
One time I left my Thinkpad on for 16 hours idle. I came back and I see the "don't worry your stuff is still here screen." without any user input, it went ahead and installed Windows 10. An operating system that installs without asking is troublesome and can be compared to a virus. I don't know about any of you guys but I'll only use my Win 10 pcs for "official business, no fun allowed" types of things.
Bro its like double the price per GB, but even more performance. SSDs are worth it, really.