Why aren't you using this bad boy?

Why aren't you using this bad boy?

Other urls found in this thread:

software.opensuse.org/package/dnscrypt-proxy?search_term=dnscrypt
software.opensuse.org/package/dnscrypt-proxy?search_term=dnscrypt-proxy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>4 GB iso
while Ubuntu and Fedora is 1.3 GB with all the preinstalled bloats.

When will they release superior CLOSEDSUSE?

I tried, I really tried.

It was either Fedora or OpenSuse, because I wanted to use something I might encounter on the job.

OpenSuse install was unbearably slow and didn't finish successfully, so back to Fedora I went. It's a pity, because I really like the idea of Tumbleweed (automatically tested with OpenQA! Take that, Arch!)

It's 4 GB because it has 4 different desktop environments. Fedora just split them between several different images around 1.3 GB each.

Nothing keeps you from downloading the small netinstall image, though.

uname -a
Linux OpenSUSE-Desktop 4.4.49-16-default #1 SMP Sun Feb 19 17:40:35 UTC 2017 (70e9954) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

It's good.

I am.

I'm reconsidering it though seeing as dnscrypt-proxy isn't in the repos.

software.opensuse.org/package/dnscrypt-proxy?search_term=dnscrypt

It is, under the server:dns repos.
Which is official just not included by default.

Tried it for a bit. But I'm a bit of a distro hopper, so I moved on, more out of curiosity than anything else. It was comfy, though.

it is, though
you can use software.opensuse.org and the 1-click-install bullshit if you don't find a package in the default repos

software.opensuse.org/package/dnscrypt-proxy?search_term=dnscrypt-proxy

my problem is YAST. It gets in my way more than it helps. I found it VERY unreasonable that it wouldn't let me connect to my wifi--it detected my card but refused to let me use network manager. I got around it but I find it VERY irritating that they made two ways to do the same tasks, and sometimes the two ways get in the way of each other. It was just needlessly complex.
Also YAST sounds like some vaginal medication.

>1-click-install
>subscribe to the following repos
>three different repos for ARM
>running 64-bit
just werks

You mean wicked vs networkmanager? Wicked is only done by default because it's more server oriented and does bonding better than nm, it doesn't have a frontend/applet though, that's your issue I assume, replacing it with nm is literally a few clicks in YaST

I'll test it out soon but I don't have high hopes. I hear it propagates FOSS too much and forces the user to struggle to get proprietary software/drivers/codecs to work.

It's a bit more complex than that.
There's actually some form of auto-detection going on and wicked is enabled by default for desktops and servers while laptops get NetworkManager by default.

ignore everything and just click next until it's done
it's very windows-y in that regard

This

I hate KDE, and I am comfy with Ubuntu's thingie right now.

why do retards think you can not install other DEs? for fuck sake...and shit, you can even download it with i3, xfce, cinammon

Installing multiple desktop environments sucks. You get duplicate applications you need install or uninstall and the desktop is an ugly vanilla.

I am though, user.
And it's a fucking dream. A non-meme rolling release distro with tested packages. Very nice.

I came here to post this image

I tried it back in 2013 and it was the buggiest distro I've ever used. The whole thing just fell apart after a couple weeks. Maybe it's better today, I don't know.

Not minimalist enough, install gentoo.

because it has systemd

It was fine until they made you choose between an unstable rolling release and a server OS.

I'm actually considering it. Been on Ubuntu LTS for awhile and I like it's stability but there are some things that are about it that Im tired of and I was looking at trying something else including Fedora, or OpenSuse.
I wouldnt consider Tumbleweed stable enough but how stable is Leap? How quickly does it receive security patches? Do they backport security patches to the version of the package that they consider stable or bump to a newer version? How much QA work do they put into it and a version of a package as stable?
I also would consider Gentoo, I used a for a few years until around '10 I stopped because it was too unstable buggy, but that may have been my fault for too many custom flags including ~arch and even unmasked some things.

Not sure if they still have it but a few years ago I was able to use a service they offer I think it was called Studio basically it was a web application that you could build your own custom image and select what packages to include and then download the iso.