Why aren't you buying/mining altcoin user?

Why should I?

Would it be better to buy Monero at an exchange instead of paying for the electric bill spike from mining?

It'd be better to invest in the Zimbabwe dollar than it is to invest in random meme cryptocurrencies.

Electricity costs plus the big initial investment

What's money other than something we agree on to measure the worth of the fruits of our labor? Governments complicate that and manipulate it at our expense. That's not something we should trust to any entity blindly. At least with a good cryptocurrency, it takes the bullshit out of the equation that we put up with dealing with traditional currencies. Just look at what's possible with it that wasn't before, but keep in mind how long the Internet was around before people understood how big a game changer it really was.

Same reason I don't speculate in penny stocks. Sure a few will hit the jackpot, but it's almost impossible to identify ahead of time which few that'll be.

Why Monero?

Also,
>tfw was going to invest in Ethrium at $11 but didn't

I gave up on getting rich off this stuff. Now it's more about the principle.

Not the point, retard

Yeah the idea and actual execution of decentralization and semi-user currency is amazing. Maybe tomorrow I'll convert my dust collecting oi into a BTC node or something to help the network.
Still cant shake the allure of making money off this stuff though.

Then what's the point, faggot?

>altcoin
I'd rather mine fakecoin you shillary plant

>Being this edgy.
Have a (you) and go back to

Well, Zimbabwe did switch to the US dollar, so the value of the Zimbabwe dollar can only go up as collectors collect them.

I've been saving money like never before by putting all extra cash into Bitcoin. Nothing is better than still being ahead after the price comes down considerably too. That's good enough for me

I bet you post in amd/intel shill threads too

Because I only come to Sup Forums for the CPU/GPU threads.

What the hell is the point of investing in meme coins when actual stocks exist?

CPU coins like Monero are mined by botnets
You will never compete even if your electricity is free.
GPU coins have profit margins so razor thin, it's unlikely you get an edge.

Just buy the coin you want at an exchange

Doesn't seem like a bubble at all.

Investing in stocks incurs higher fees,
making it inaccessible to very small investors.
"Robin Hood" is an exception but only available in few countries.

You can trade crypto coins with black money, without washing it first. If you want to invest your illicit gains in classical stocks, you have to wash it first.

How many ___coins are released on a daily basis?

It takes like $500 to get started investing, even lower with some services. I guess this does just confirm that most meme coin investors are just poorfags trying to get rich quick without doing any work.

why aren't you posting this on ?