Well i got fucked over and bought an XFX R9 390, i bought it a few months ago and now one of the fans stopped...

Well i got fucked over and bought an XFX R9 390, i bought it a few months ago and now one of the fans stopped, i will have to RMA it directly to them which could cost me like half of the price i got it for, besides i dont have the strenght to fuck around with xfx, i was planning on buying an Asus Radeon Rog Strix RX480. How does the rx480 perform nowadays

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Asus RX480 is shit. Get XFX or Sapphire one (or MSI, Gaymen X is decent afaik).

XFX never again, i chose the asus one because i would like better cooling

Ironically ASUS one has shit cooling with heatsink made out of literal shit. Get XFX or MSI.

is it that bad? I read a few reviews and saw it has like 68C under load, which for AMD sounds perfectly ok

It's not okay since XFX is like ~60 under load, go watch shillztwocents review.

i had the R9 390 XFX and it went up to 80C, thats why i dont trust XFX anymore, and the fan stopped after like 4 months, im not sure if i got a bad card but i would rather not retry, the 68c doesnt consern me too much, i have good case flow

just get the cheapest one you stupid fucking cuck.
you're paying out the ass for an extra fan that does nothing but add more noise.
>tfw i bought a $180 480 that overclocks better than 87% of others and stays under 70C along with under 1100 rpm
i'll never understand how you cucks cuck yourself by wasting money on shitty name brands that do nothing for the customer besides look like gaymur shit.

yea maybe i like the aestethics and it has pins to plug in your own fans, i checked reviews and benchmarks and it does keep it cool

One defective cards does not make the brand bad. My XFX 290x still werks perfectly.

and which 480 is that

>Not getting the diamond multimedia r9
Im sorry

for all i care XFX are stupid gooks

So are ASUS, Gigabyte and a plethora of other vendors.

but XFX take the gook award

No, ASUS and their auto-bricking/CPU-burning mobos take that award.

My sapphire 390(1010mhz) that I bought in summer 2015 is still going strong user,I'm sorry for the loss.

i have an asus mobo and i havent had any problems with it, its not my problem you work hardware like an oaf

Nice try, ASUS shill.

oh yea man asus pays me to shill on Sup Forums, if they did pay me i would buy another motherboard

>buys 200(?) dollar card
>dude like totally half the price of the card to ship it in
>100+ dollars for shipping anything smaller than a fridge

UWOTM8?

m8 do you want them emails from XFX

Please consider that you need to pay the forward shippment cost from your country to our warehouse in Netherlands.

"Moreover, if there is any customs or taxes charged by your local country, you will need to afford. (may be up to 50 to 100 euros)"

welp, color me impressed.

Here's to never buying an xfx item ever in my lifetime. Ur fucked. Buy a 480.

and their english is horrific, im a slav scum myself but their english is really not good

not that user but probably the MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X (I have the same card). It's $200 with a $20 mail in rebate, last I checked.

i saw that one too but its EUR 287.57 like 30 bucks more expencive

just buy a new card then later you can look for broken 390s on ebay to swap the fans out on yours (you should just swap them all) and then sell the 390.

rx480 is more than i ever needed

i just wanted some compute for various apps and the 4 display outs on my cheapo.

never skips a beat no matter what i throw at it, tho im not a big pc gamer

>buy AMD

And apparently has the best power consumption of all of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UtyaGppWknE

Asus 480 is the coolest Polaris, the bad heatsink was present on the 300 Series. I would still recommend the MSI Gaming one though

my friend had the same thing happen to him with the same card a couple weeks ago. The RX480 is pretty comparable to the 390, maybe a tiny bit better in certain areas.

the XFX r9 390 is really shit i cant see why people love XFX this much, the temps were unbearable

That thing was a house fire when it was alive. When you have to pull off your side panel and run MSI Afterburner to keep the fan speed up because otherwise it would throttle, you know the cooling is shit.

and the fucking noise was absolutely unacceptible

>Tfw I build first computer
>Xfx r9 390
>Insane coil whine
>Temps regularly in the mid 80's
>Screen now flickers green occasionally in games

I thought this shit was normal guys. Maybe vega will be good right?

I have shit airflow in my PC (although it is a roomy huge cube) and my XFX GTR BLACK EDITION idles at 56 C, and neve rgets higher than 62c while gaming