Coffee Lake

I think everyone is too busy arguing about whether Ryzen is worse or better than the i7-7700K to the point of forgetting about the true contender here.
6 cores Coffee Lake CPUs are releasing later this year and with the i7-7700K already beating pretty much any concurrence it's easy to imagine how monstrous Coffee Lake will be and how AMD will simply have to admit defeat once again.

So since there won't be any "muh cores" excuses from AMD shills (especially since here Intel will have true 6 cores and not just fake ones) I really wonder what the new excuses will be? "m-muh wait for Ryzen 2"? In the same vein, there is really no point buying an i7 or a Ryzen at the moment. Coffee Lake will be where it's at and I know some of you already realized this by now.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=coffee lake date
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh, another Delidlake refresh, now with moarcorez? Bravo Intel, truly you are the most innovative company.

>later this year
>'fake cores'

Are you even trying?

what are you talking about 6 cores is unnecessary
4 cores is the future
2 core cpus are the best for gayming price/perf

actually we only need one core CPUs for regular use

>now with moarcorez?
t. assblasted AMD shill who got his only selling point taken away

He's using old guidebook. It's weird that Intel started shilling Coffee this early.

>Intel will release 8th-gen Coffee Lake chips this year
In 2sec via Google. AMD shills are getting desperate.
lmgtfy.com/?q=coffee lake date

But I have 4790k, Ramesh.

>doesn't realize that without AMD 6 core cpus wouldn't be a thing until 2020

>it's expected to include a six-core CPU as part of the standard range of i7 products

It'll cost $500, or Intel will have to lower the price range across all their CPUs.

That's what I said, shill Kaby, Ramesh.

Yes, this year. You know it is mid-march right? And it wouldn't have been this year if it weren't for AMD finally pushing it again.

No need to be upset.
Better every year at #Intel.

>shilling on a Peruvian poplocking network

Give it up pajeet

Yes I love no IPC gains and sweet sweet jew cum under the IHS. I love Intel. I love every Intel product. Intel is life.

Reminder that IHS soldering is an evil ritual performed by damned poojeets at ayymd. Buy Intel.

Yeah, Intel always does that....

It's the mobile line first with Desktop coming several months later

Upset? I'm going to enjoy this nice AMD 8 core cpu for the rest of this decade, and I hope you are going to enjoy your Coffee Lake.

Keeping the Fed from slicing Intel at #AMD

Not this time though. Cannonlake will be on 10nm and it's mobile only since they cancelled server variant. Coffee is another shitty memelake refresh.

>m-muh wait for kaby refresh

Delicious.

yes goyim
buy a new motherboard every time you upgrade your CPU

>underage faggots don't even understand that this wasn't common practice

> I really wonder what the new excuses will be
That the Coffeelake 6 core is probably going to cost well over $400, not $250?

At least you won't need an x99, or x299 board for it, and can use the same board the 4 cores will be on. That makes it signifcantly more reasonably priced than the 6800k is currently, but still a lot.

But I'm not buying that shit. If Intel came out with a mainstream 6core 2 years ago, then sure, I would have, but at this point it's clear what dirty Jews they truly are. They don't give a shit about

They forced people to be stuck with 4 cores for years after games have been maxing out the 6700k on all 8 threads at under 144fps.
Why?
So workstation users would need an expensive X99 motherboard if a 6core was good enough for them as well?
Fuck them. It's too late.
There's no excuse for them refreshing the same exact shit for over 6 years.
Remember before Intel had a monopoly that we went from 133mhz to 1ghz in just a few years?
How quickly we jumped to 64bit on the desktop while Intel wanted it to never happen and was spending money trying to sabotage it instead of developing it at all? How quickly we got the first dual core, then quad, and 6 core? While Intel had their core 2 duo shit.

Seriously. Fuck Intel. I'm sure the Coffeelake 6 core is going to FINALLY be good and better than this 7600k and 7700k trash people have been stuck with, but it's too late.

We're also getting six, eight and ten-core Skylake-X later this year.

AMD is over and done with.

4.5 base clock at 250 TDP!

>have FX-8350
>go to buy Ryzen 1800
>need to buy a new motherboard because the Ryzen won't work on an AM3 board
???

At very generous price of $1100 for octacore.

are you retarded

>buy a LGA775 and keep it for 10 years
>implying that's what i meant

Skylake-X is probably going to be 8, 10, and 12 core.
Why would Skylake-X compete with Coffeelake, with both having 6 cores?

And later this year AMD is releasing a 12, 14, and 16 core HEDT platform.

AM3 was supported for EIGHT YEARS. Yes, finally after 8 years, AMD is making people buy a new motherboard. While in the past 8 years Intel has had like 10 different sockets. Holy fuck you're a moron.

>That the Coffeelake 6 core is probably going to cost well over $400, not $250?
Is that a reference to Ryzen 5? Ryzen 5 aren't TRUE 6 cores CPUs, they have TWO DIFFERENT core complexes built in which is fucking worthless.

Don't tell me you still haven't noticed how ridiculous AMD cores always are when put up against Intel's cores. It's not even comparable. If you wanted to play it fair you'd have to say 1 Intel core equals 2 to 3 AMD cores.

It's not completely worthless. It works great for 90%+ of workstation applications.

Only in gaymen does it have a problem. But it can be optimized for, like Mafia III is. Even when not optimized for, it still performs well for the $250 price according to preemptive tests people have done by disabling 2 cores on a 1800X, which is all the 1600X is.

It's like you have no concept of Dennard scaling or something?

CCX impose serious latency penalty only on cache misshits so design choice is totally fucking irrelevant when software starts properly working on Ryzen. Congrats, you're fucking retarded.

>muh gaymen 144hz gsync
>look mom im gona become a professional gamer like heaton!

Dennard scaling has nothing to do with Intel keep mainstream desktop stuck on 4 cores for 9 years.
It has nothing to do with them keeping cache sizes so low for mainstream desktop.
It has nothing to do with them keeping costs constantly high when performance/$ used to drastically increase every year.

All it pertains to is that there is a soft clock-speed limit.

But good job trying to use terms you don't understand to sound smart, only to look like an idiot, and completely missing my point in the process.

>AMD Damage Control Squad monitoring the thread

And who are you? Some random tard thinking he needs to pick either Intel or AMD?

Well, from a price perspective you are not wrong, 1 intel core = 2 amd cores for the same price. Anyway, I'm sure you are one of the gaymers who like to buy a 1080ti just to play minecraft at 720p and brag that your delidded 7700k is faster than ryzen.

>they have TWO DIFFERENT core complexes built in which is fucking worthless.

Kids these days, so spoiled.

>and it will require a new socket/motherboard

Said nobody.

>6 cores
Wait, wait... Didn't all you faggots agree that 4 cores is all you need? And now that Intel is going the MOAR COARS way it's suddenly not a meme anymore? Fucking shills.

Is that a refresh of the 6800k? So, basically, they want a 6 core, like the 6800k, and expect it to be priced like a 7700k?

Said the past 8 years of Intel Aviv.

Coffeelake is a joke. 15% improvement AT BEST. If you were smart you either held your nehalem/westmere and bought Ryzen or have anything from Sandy Bridge to Haswell.

>tfw all ryzen benchmarks don't take into the account I'll be running movies, gaymes, rendering video, chromium, deadbeef and 20 other programs while gaymin

>aren't TRUE 6 cores
Yes, they really are. 6 core, 12 thread.

>they have TWO DIFFERENT core complexes
Yes, and Intel will eventually have to follow suit. The CCX design is meant to be scalable (which may not matter to you and your gaymen but it does to the rest of the world).

You think the 6 core is going to magically work on a motherboard made for 4c/8t and under? You really are delusional. You intelfags are the new
>j-just wait!
congrats

I'm 100% certain it's going to be a new socket. They're not putting 6 cores on 1151 designed for 4 or less.

Coffeelake is going to be using whatever PCH is for Cannonlake.
Ya'll got cucked with your LGA 1151 boards.

No. Coffeelake will have a 6core as "mainstream". As in on the same socket the i5 and i3s will use.
The 6800k is on X99.

However, I'm pretty certain it'll still be $400. It's just that the motherboard won't cost as much this time around.

Skylake-X will probably be 8 cores at minimum, on the new LGA 2066.

>Intel will eventually have to follow suit.
Intel will never use terrible poo technology. Intel uses REAL cores with no weird half-assed "solutions".
First poodozer with fake cores, now poozen with clusters and terrible cache. Pathetic.

I'd bet $100 on Intel following the same design methodology as AMD did with Zen in their new uarch. I mean they did it with x86-64 and IMC already.

Ah, I forgot L3 cachez.

>Intel uses REAL cores
Are you high or just really stupid? The R7 line has 8 actual cores. There's no fuckery going on like bulldozer and related.

He's a very obvious troll. A bad one at that, he does it for several days already and it's getting stale.

>I'm 100% certain it's going to be a new socket. They're not putting 6 cores on 1151 designed for 4 or less.
>Coffeelake is going to be using whatever PCH is for Cannonlake.
>Ya'll got cucked with your LGA 1151 boards.

Meh my partner's pc and my backup work box is still on Core 2. I'll either keep on chuggin on babby lake or slide these over for two stellar boxes in house.

At this point you are either pretending to be retarded or you actually are.

bullshit its clearly a 2core+2core with advanced hyper threading

>you have to go through switch to access QPI links
That's not very good for latency.

That's how it has 16 threads, right? (2+2)*2=16

>ADVANCED
>HYPER
>THREADING

I don't even have am appropriate picture for this.

It isn't. AMD's CCX is much better in this regard as a server infrastructure.

It's just not ideal for current games. Though games could be optimized for the 2 8MB L3 caches and threaded properly to actually perform better, but games programmers are bottom of the barrel and suck ass.

I'd wait for CA to patch TWW to see how Zen can really perform in games.

> I think everyone is too busy arguing about whether Ryzen is worse or better than the i7-7700K
No, Intel shills are too busy trying to pretend the 7700K is the best thing since sliced bread after Ryzen demolished the 8 core Intel chips, by cherrypicking the one type of task it's ahead in.

You know Intel will charge 50% more for it than an 8 core Ryzen chip, and have worse multi-threaded performance and higher power consumption.

you fanboy cunts on both sides are fucking idiots

Yeah. And Ashes.

Any game would run better on the 1800X than the 7700k is half decently optimized for it. That's just a simple fact of the 1800X having far greater power to it, even it less per core.

Hence why you see many games that are 99% loading the 7700k across all threads at under 144fps, and while the 1800X is also under 144fps it's only 60-65% utilized in the same scenario.
That's poor optimization, not the 1800X being "bad at gaming".
Game apps aren't inherently different than any other, except that they do rely on shared cache in many cases.

Also BF1, but I guess swedecucks are working on Battlefront 2.

At most 1% of 1% of 1% of the top enthusiast nerd trust fund baby powerball lottery winner gaymers are willing to pay $2000 for a CPU. I consider the X series to be pretty much in the same tier as the $8000 Xeons, so absurd that it's not even worth talking about.

> blah blah faster better CPUs are releasing later this year

Ok, so, when an AMD person says this it's a meme, but if it's an intel shill saying it it's fine?

It's okay when Intel does it, they are not poos and make decent gaming CPUs.

>decent gaming CPU
>their top of the line gaming CPU, the $350 7700k can't even reach 144fps with 99% utilization on all threads in year old games.

Sad!

No excuses needed, I'm sure the Inteljew will be asking for his fair exchange in shekles or a Coffeelake. Totally won't overprice it again like he has for the last 6 years.

That's a GPU bottleneck though.

What socket will it use?

You heard it here first AMD perfected 4 threads per core.

>InTel Aviv

IBM already made POWER8 with 8 threads per core.
Who the fuck knows? It's Intel, they change sockets whenever something tickles the anus of their CEO.

I've had a great price/performance 6 core Intel CPU since 2012 with a 3930k.

1167.5 for the i3 and i5
1173 for the i7

5820k was also a decent value, and a great overclocker. Mobo cost is fucking ridiculous though.

>99% CPU utilization
>95% GPU utilizatoin
>i-it's a GPU bottleneck!

I think you are full of it they would never use .5 in socket number

The half pin phones home to isreal to let them know if you are circumsized or not.

The CPU price for the 5820k was okay.

The $400 for a motherboard required to use it was not.

Which is why Coffeelake bringing a 6 core is interesting, since it'll be the same motherboard as the 8th generation i3 and i5s, so presumably you can get a decent board for $140.
But your Z270 board isn't going to work, so fuck them.

Yes it is, don't be fucking retarded.

>y-you're the retard
>not me that thinks 99% cpu usage and 95% gpu usage means it's gpu bottlenecked

kill yourself

Kek.

>6 cores Coffee Lake CPUs are releasing later this year
I had missed the news regarding that, so we're getting both Skylake HEDT and 6C Coffee Lake this year? Good thing I didn't replace my 4790K with Ryzen, it's going to serve me well for another few months. I wonder how they'll differentiate 6C Skylake-X and 6C Coffee Lake, I don't think quad channel and more PCIe lanes is going to bring many people over to HEDT once the number of cores for the "affordable" CPUs are the same.

Don't be fucking retarded, it's GPU bottleneck too.
Also first x99 mobos were fucking shit, like, ASUS ones cooked the CPUs iirc.

We're getting Skylake-E this year. Expecting another refresh on Skylake is dumb. 2018 is what you are getting and maybe Cannonlake if you're lucky.

>actually we only need one core CPUs for regular use
I'd take it if we could get similar IPC with a 30GHz clock.

I don't think there'll be 6c Skylake-X CPUs. No one will buy HEDT chips anyway.

They literally (literally) moved Coffee to H2 2017.

Actually the HEDT rumors I last read said that there would supposedly be a 4C Kaby Lake-X chip, with 6C and above being Skylake-X. I have no idea why Intel would release a 4C HEDT chip though.

Dunno, Intel went full retard recently. I sincerely hope they are not retarded enough to try and compete against Naples on die shrinks alone.

Are you serious? Did you know that QPI is actually Intel's version of Hypertransport? Yes; the Nahelem's are actually Pentium III's that traded their FSB's for a copy of AMD's tech.

Nehalems also adopted L3 cachez. Intel is always fucking slow in adopting new stuff.

The big nehelam thing was the imc. Which they left out of core 2 for a whole generation.

And isn't qpi basically a 4x pci3 these days.

No. 95% means it has at least 4.5% to go.

Same thing happens with a 1080ti 720p on low settings. The 7700k simply doesn't push 144fps minimum in multiplayer

I've been hearing this rumor too, but it seems regarded.
What's it going to be, a 4 core with big cache or something? And a 6 core too? When Coffeelake will also have 4 and 6 cores?

There's been so many rumors because Intel is a lot more secretive than AMD.

Well yeah, AMD invented virtually everything in modern CPUs except for hyperthreading and the 32bit instruction set. And more recently AVX and such, however they had their own equivalent at the same time.

at idle for my computer right now, im using between 25-40% of my cpu, that's my idle because I constantly have shit running, fuck yea an 8 core will suit be better then a 4 core even if that 4 core is faster core for core, but not cpu vs cpu.

>Intel confirmed that its 8th-gen chips will once again be based on a 14nm process, much like Broadwell, Skylake, and Kaby Lake before it. The first Broadwell chips were released way back in 2014.
WHAT THE FUCK