Daily Reminder

KDE is the best desktop environment by far:

- Dolphin best file manager
- Actual workable high DPI scaling (lol xfce)
- Aesthetic as fuck

Prove me wrong (you can't)

It's the DE I use but why do we need more threads on useless flame wars?

Because these cucks need to be taught a lesson

Too bad that it's ugly. It was almost worth using.

i like unity lulz

KDE is a giant circlejerk. it defies any standard user interface conventions and basically feels like Fisher Price made a gui.

You have to fight.
For your right.
To Deeee Eeeeee!

>KDE is best desktop environment
Trips of truth.

this

>B-but I need muh lightweight DE REEEEEEE

>Actual workable high DPI scaling
Its shit compared to gnome or unity

How does it beat Unity?

thumbnails in file picker

Just install a different file manager...

Fuck off, i3 master race.

Are you sure it is not sierra Mr. God?

I3 is a WM

KDE, didn't that shit try to install a MySQL server on my laptop before? Pure garbage by pure garbage developers.

You misspelled gnome shell

GNOME is better.

What Linux distro and DE should I install when I finally get tired of Windows 7?

You forgot the most important point:
>It has proper thumbnails in the file picker.

macos

>- Dolphin best file manager
I'll agree there. But why you need a terminal built into a file explorer, I will never know.

>- Aesthetic as fuck
KDE is not aesthetically anything. It is dull beyond compare.

Ok, it's very configurable, but you will break it before too long
It is too heavy on processing - even more than unity
Widgets are plainly crap

Find out for yourself. Go to Distrowatch.com. Find something you like. If its a popular distro, there will be some nerd on youtube who will give yu a quick demonstration. If you're still curious, download an iso file off the website and run it on a virtual machine.

>caring about DE's this much

I like plasma, it just werks and looks decent enough for me. I'm not a gigantic faggot so I don't need to rice weeb shit into my DE, but if I was, I could. And I rarely use more than 2GB/8GB of RAM on GNU/Linux so I don't care if it's 100MB heavier on RAM than another DE.

>- Dolphin best file manager

not knowing about pcmanfm

>launch dolphin
>create a new file using it's own right click menu
>new file isn't displayed until you manually refresh
>use bind type mounts to mount Downloads, Music and rest of the xdg-dirs
>device link in dolphin sidebar now lists the contents of first alphabetical bind mount
>enable archive as folders
>try into .rar file
>opens ark

Dolphin is junk.

I actually dig KDE.

I can't wait for it to support Wayland tho.

>it defies any standard user interface conventions
wat

Not mine though.

Aqua is the best, you're just too poor to afford the hardware to run it.

KDE on opensuse is the only implementation of it that ever felt smooth so to speak. Every time I tried it on other distros it just feels buggy and shit

it's ugly

Can't argue with those trips.

looks like windows/10

The best DE is the one the user prefers and is comfortable with.

Why would you start a flame war over a DE, nobody forces you to use anything you don't want to on Linux, use whatever you like to while Winshit and macOperatingShit force you to use only their shitty desktop and you dont really have a choice there.

Trips confirm KDE a best.

>looks like windows/10
Looks similar, yes, and there are Windows 10 themes too.

kaOS already wayland and plasma5

it is but kde plasma5 was already released way back before windows preview 10 got released.
to my perspective it's windows 10 who copied kde

anyone tried to remove pulseaudio sucessfully KDE? I actually got KDE to work without pulse but for some reason a gnome update pulled in pulse package and I'm having dual audio - the audio feedback when dec/increasing volume sounds comes from 2 different volume control

Check your distros wiki. If it doesn't have a section for pulseaudio and alsa separately then consider switching to a distro that has one.
If you insist on using your current one then you must learn how to make your package manager show you reverse dependencies that should tell who is responsible for it. But just a tip
>gnome update
Almost all things to do with gnome hard depend on pulse, get rid of that shit.

Which weather widget are you using?

>high DPI
When will this awful meme fucking die?!

>boot KDE live ISO on Thinkpad
>backlight control not working
>reboot and format USB

Did somebody say aesthetic

pls redpill me:
how did you do that "only icons" style on the taskbar? i've been searching for the solution for years.

Icon-only task manager widget. What the hell, mate?

end my life

It's not ugly.

Is it worth the compile time on an i7 though?

>for years
Literally only the first 20 or so search results on google for the words "icons", " only", "taskbar", and " kde". Wtf.

bloated shit

better launcher
better window manager
better applications

Anything else feels like hobby tier.

>I'll agree there. But why you need a terminal built into a file explorer, I will never know.
I have a hard time imagining when you wouldn't want a terminal in the file manager.
What would a situation be where you want to get to files, and not interact with them?
I suppose that you could make right click menus, but it is an uphill battle, where simply using a terminal is just easier.