Firefox drops support for 32-bit Mac OS X

so what do I fucking do? I'm fine for now, but it won't be long until I start having problems with an outdated browser. I mean I don't want to get rid of my early 2006 macbook just yet. The Core Duo is still quite powerful enough for browsing the web and watching anime and shit, so I would like to avoid replacing this laptop. It's comfy.

What can I do to at least keep the browser up to date? Is 32-bit Windows still supported? Or is there another browser that still supports 32-bit 10.6.8?

Other urls found in this thread:

mattgadient.com/2016/07/11/linux-dvd-images-and-how-to-for-32-bit-efi-macs-late-2006-models/
ark.intel.com/products/27478/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-630-supporting-HT-Technology-2M-Cache-3_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB
ark.intel.com/products/27512/Intel-Pentium-D-Processor-820-2M-Cache-2_80-GHz-800-MHz-FSB
ark.intel.com/products/27248/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E6300-2M-Cache-1_86-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB
ark.intel.com/products/31789/Intel-Core2-Solo-Processor-U2100-1M-Cache-1_06-GHz-533-MHz-FSB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is that core 2 duo a 32 bit only cpu? if not, just install linux on it.

Install Linux.

32bit only. It's basically two Pentium 4s stuck together. I don't think there are drivers for sound on Linux either.

Can't you switch to Firefox ESR and just install Linux when that loses support? Hell, you haven't gotten an OS-level security update in years if you're seriously still on Snow Leopard.

Stop being poor and buy a proper 64-bit OS

>32 bit mac
>2006
At least it's not running Power PC, but that thing's still ancient. What can you even use one of those for, besides shitposting? And what's the latest version of Safari that can run?

Don't update your browser or OS.

>autism levels are steadily increasing

I don't know how recent, but Firefox is much more up to date than Safari on this OS

can use it for, like, most shit dude. Other than 3D games, which I play on my desktop, nothing about the way I use most software has changed since 2006.

I would have to buy new laptop, which I can afford, but I don't really want to when this one still works fine.

not worried about security, I have no personal information on this thing. I can't upgrade though, once Apple switched to the Core 2 lineup they stopped supporting the older INtel chips real quick.

>2017
>using a 32-bit system
It's time to install gentoo OP.

>not worried about security, I have no personal information on this thing. I can't upgrade though, once Apple switched to the Core 2 lineup they stopped supporting the older INtel chips real quick.

I'm not talking about upgrading MacOS. Stick with the extended-support release of Firefox until it EOLs in nine months or so and use that time to install your training wheels, get REFInd working, and install a Linux distro, OpenBSD, or anything else with a working 32-bit x86 port.

Get a bargain bin Chromebook

Thirty two. Thirty two fucking bits. My grandmother on fucking AOL is more advanced than you at this point.

Install linux or trash it.

Why did you even buy core duo (only 32bit) machine and not core2duo (32/64bit) back then?

Mactops are essential cozy core I don't even care if it implies that I prep Tyrone DeShawn Washington's dick to give my wife pleasure in ways I can only dream of.

was really cheap

I'm assuming you're using a version of OS X that has Rosetta, so just run TenFourFox.

So was the core2duo

ubuntu is dropping x32 support so is arch and fedora and opensuse already did

Hi OP. I have a similar Mac Mini 2007 I got for $40 on eBay and its in the same boat. Even though these Core 2 Duos are 64-bit compatible Apple's EFI is 32-bit so they are gimped. What worked for me was researching how to make what Ubuntu used to publish as "+mac" 64-bit ISOs that are compatible with 32-bit EFI Macs. You can modify 64-bit ISOs into tricking the Apple EFI into thinking they are 32-bit. Here's the site I finally found that worked: mattgadient.com/2016/07/11/linux-dvd-images-and-how-to-for-32-bit-efi-macs-late-2006-models/

Have you tried it?
If not do

>basically two Pentium 4s stuck together
Is Sup Forums really this fucking retarded and underage? Holy shit.

You have an 11-year-old laptop. It's time to either get updated or install a lightweight Linux distro.

you must be new here

^ this.
You cannot keep using a 1000 year old machine.

Just try GNU/Linux, mate. My Thinkpad X60s w/ Core Duo is probably pretty similar to your macbook as far as internals go, everything is working just fine.

Lmao how about learning to use what you have, whores of companies.

Remember when Firefox gave features instead of removing them?

It's fine, though. I have a core duo Mac mini I use as a media station, even the Safari it has still works fine so firefox will stay usable, too. Steam recently dropped support for no reason, which pissed me off a bit desu.

I feel sorry for everyone who originally bought the core duo or solo Macs, they pretty much became obsolete right away when apple moved to 64 bit intel.

Core Duo != Core 2 Duo.

>learning to use what you have
Of course, I will just fire up my Commodore, and submit my tax reports and shit.

I use a G4 iBook I picked up for 26€ as a travel laptop and it does the job desu. Just keep Tiger on it and put in 1gb of ram.

>2017
>Still using 32 bit on computers
>Using homOSeX

OP are you retarded? Add USB ram and download a 64-bit distro of MacOS

You just kidding, right?

time to upgrade :)

>mfw x86 will end up being obscure like PowerPC and the only Linux you can install on it is Gentoo

the only 32bit-macs are 11 years old by now.
be a good macfag by buying three Macbook Pro with Retina to make up for your lacking purchase-history.

Even Pentium 4s had fucking 64bit support

ark.intel.com/products/27478/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-630-supporting-HT-Technology-2M-Cache-3_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

Pentium Ds also had 64bit
ark.intel.com/products/27512/Intel-Pentium-D-Processor-820-2M-Cache-2_80-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

My fucking Atom 330 server runs on 64bit.

Windows 10 supports 32bit though.

no, that's the pentuim D. the core duo and core 2 duos are different.

The very first Core 2 Duo cpu was 64bit from the get go as the Pentium 4s and Ds that came before it were already 64bit.
ark.intel.com/products/27248/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E6300-2M-Cache-1_86-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB

Hell the Core 2 Solo was also 64bit
ark.intel.com/products/31789/Intel-Core2-Solo-Processor-U2100-1M-Cache-1_06-GHz-533-MHz-FSB

>Sup Forums in 2017

Holy shit OP. You could've gotten over a decade of support from a Windows machine....But you bought a fucking FagBook instead and got cucked and abandoned by Applel. KEK

They still sell for Windows 10 for x86.

firecucks on suicide watch

I used an early 2006 macbook with Linux on it for years, can confirm it works no problem.

Buy a new MacBook. FFS OP it's time to upgrade

Christ, I have no clue how you deal with a mac that old. Even apple themselves gave up supporting that years ago.

If firefox ESR is too old ditch OSX for ubuntu 16.04, itll be supported till 2021 and has i386 builds.

they probably just dropped automatic builds, compile it yourself

Install a GNU/Linux distro.
Seriously.

Well, some Atoms had no 64-bit, but they were too weak anyhow to have enough ram. I mean a 32-bit CPU is more than enough for 4gigs, and he could just use Linux.

Brah, a used X200-X230 costs like 100$? (60EUR)

And you can get a new battery that lasts for 10 hours (9cell) for like another 20$.

What's the fucking point?
Like shooting yourself in the foot for fun.

You cannot keep using a 1000 year old alphabet.

think again

You can't, it's obsolete.
There are even not enough letters for all English sounds!

Well, we could do what the japs did, just throw out like 10% of the letters, boom it's now modern!

The youngest alphabet is actually Korean.

I meant the japs took chinese and threw out like 80% of it. And even with this simple language, quite some of them can't into Kanji.

His mac is nine years old