/u3g/ - Unity3D General

What are you working on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f-HIydeGs6g
youtube.com/watch?v=Jtq29VnK7A8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm working on a wicked sick medieval mmo!

>>>/avgd/

I'm in the planning phase for a 4d funge IDE/visualizer in VR. Mostly working on an interpreter right now.

Working on a 2D
>tug of war
RTS game.

Stop dumping all your unity shit on Steam you fucking retards. Thank fuck greenlight is gone.

It's /agdg/ actually. And no shit it's probably the friendliest and most productive general I've ever seen on this site.

why should I use Unity instead of Unreal Engine 4?

There is no particular reason. Some people prefer one, some prefer the other.

Yeah that's what it seems like from my layman point of view, both seems to more or less support the same features

They replaced it with a hundred dollar fee and stopped caring. It's worse now.

Unity or Unreal Engine ?

I have worked with c++ and c#

I'd like to do a 3D game but I'm waiting for Godot 3.0 for that.

In the mean time I'm trying to make a simple Dwarf Fortress clone with SFML.

This is not a debate thread.

You'll get more out of UE4 in the long run in my opinion.

>being a powerless faggot going "i'm in charge here!!", over a thread on Sup Forums

What are some differences in capabilities and feature between Unity and Unreal?

working on a 3rd person hack n slash. This is my main character.

what's the inspiration? the weapon is retarded

Sure is Sup Forums and /vg/ in here.

why is it retarded ? Its a fantasy setting.

Not him, but yes it's full retarded and unusable.

I'm trying to basically recreate f zero gx in unity. /agdg is too much of a clusterfuck for any real conversation. What does Sup Forums think?

youtube.com/watch?v=f-HIydeGs6g

youtube.com/watch?v=Jtq29VnK7A8

so your fantasy is about sleaky ass female wearing heavy nonuseable scythes around? is the story about strong independent wymen?

low quality bait

why would you try and make anything in unity engine. making games is for a large group of approximately 100 people. you literally can't achieve anything on your own.

Even if the amount of people that use Unity would be 100 (which I doubt), you do know that anyone in the world with a PC can run an executable, right?

An asteroid mobile game, where you are the asteroid. Been working on it for about two years, but have made nearly no progress because I have no time

>screw indie games, just abandon already
*facedesk*

>online collaboration to make a video game
name 1 game

I like how the scythe makes her sudoku herself upon attack.

it unfolds in combat mode.

like my dong

you're retarded the blade is clearly articulated

it's generic as fuck though

The spike on top of the street lamp / staff is preventing the blade from locking into its hinge, so it instead freely flails when swung wildly, it's a feature not a bug.

spike goes back with the blade.

A game engine that does not hog down performance, does not use C# and would make games like kerbal space program(the reason it does not have n-body physics and soft terrain is unity) and other shitty indie games run on a toaster instread of laging on an i5 quadcore.

Unreal has full source code of the engine so you can tailor it to your needs, and better feature set imo, worse documentation than unity probably.

I also dislike unitys component model but havent had much experience with that

Use unity for quick proto typing and unreal for the actual game you want to make.

why wouldn't you just prototype in unreal... it even got that visual scripting shit which is far more simple than unity's one

the unreal youtube channel is really helpful though

fags can't be satan