Tor Browser

Thoughts on using this browser for privacy?
Alternative suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/
grc.com/vpn/vpn.htm
allyour4nert7pkh.onion/ded.html
extracrispy.com/drinks/1311/darknet-coffee-is-a-legal-way-to-get-high-on-the-deepweb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Far too slow to be used as a regular browser.
Pay for a private proxy or deal with being traced.

Tor isn't particularly suited to everyday browsing. Consider using a paid VPN instead.

>VPN
>privacy

a vpn gives you privacy (from your isp/government) but it does not make you anonymous

every vpn provider claims they don't log but many have been caught out lying (eg. hidemyass), the only one that has been proven they don't log is PIA

>Thoughts on using this browser for privacy?
It's fine.

>Alternative suggestions?
No. Just on Tor, remove NoScript and the useless HTTPS Everywhere and replace them with uBlockOrigin and uMatrix.

As for this:
>Tor isn't particularly suited to everyday browsing
You can restrict all Tor nodes but to the countries that respect your freedom and have good speed. I suggest blocking everything but Russia.

I had to reply.

>No. Just on Tor, remove NoScript and the useless HTTPS Everywhere and replace them with uBlockOrigin and uMatrix.

Do not do this. Changing the default setup is highly discouraged as you are now not like every other Tor user - you will be less anonymous. You also make yourself open to any vulnerabilities in other plugins that haven't been vetted for Tor use, plus, you make yourself stand out like a sore thumb putting yourself at risk of having a unique fingerprint as you use a non-standard setup.

>I suggest blocking everything but Russia.

In theory this may be viable, but, you open yourself to much greater vulnerability to traffic analysis and other factors that the developers cannot account for.

Disable WebGL, flash, java, javascript. Host your own tor node from a vps in some third world country and reroute all your packets through a mcdonalds

while you're at it dont use arm or x86

I've been using Tor as such for years now, and never had any issues.

>In theory
And I'm telling from experience.

Just block the USA and britain.

How exactly do you block everything but russia?

>I've been using Tor as such for years now, and never had any issues.
>And I'm telling from experience.

Good job your anecdotal experience can be rejected. Go look up the precautions from the developers yourself. It's laughable you think you're "safer" when you go against the direct warnings of misuse by the Tor team.

>Using ublock origin and changing your fingerprint from the normal TOR user

>Tor
>Windows 10

Lol.

\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\

Inside write in "torrc" (no extension) file:

ExitNodes {ru}
EntryNodes {ru}
StrictNodes 1
ExcludeNodes {ac},{af},{ax},{al},{dz},{ad},{ao},{ai},{aq},{ag},{ar},{am},{aw},{au},{at},{az},{bs},{bh},{bd},{bb},{by},{be},{bz},{bj},{bm},{bt},{bo},{ba},{bw},{bv},{br},{io},{vg},{bn},{bg},{bf},{bi},{kh},{cm},{ca},{cv},{ky},{cf},{td},{cl},{cn},{cx},{cc},{co},{km},{cg},{cd},{ck},{cr},{ci},{hr},{cu},{cy},{cz},{dk},{dj},{dm},{do},{tp},{ec},{eg},{sv},{gq},{ee},{et},{fk},{fo},{fj},{fi},{fr},{fx},{gf},{pf},{tf},{ga},{gm},{ge},{de},{gh},{gi},{gr},{gl},{gd},{gp},{gu},{gt},{gn},{gw},{gy},{ht},{hm},{hn},{hk},{hu},{is},{in},{id},{ir},{iq},{ie},{im},{il},{it},{jm},{jp},{jo},{kz},{ke},{ki},{kp},{kr},{kw},{kg},{la},{lv},{lb},{ls},{lr},{ly},{li},{lt},{lu},{mo},{mk},{mg},{mw},{my},{mv},{ml},{mt},{mh},{mq},{mr},{mu},{yt},{mx},{fm},{md},{mc},{mn},{me},{ms},{ma},{mz},{mm},{na},{nr},{np},{an},{nl},{nc},{nz},{ni},{ne},{ng},{nu},{nf},{mp},{no},{om},{pk},{pw},{ps},{pa},{pg},{py},{pe},{ph},{pn},{pl},{pt},{pr},{qa},{re},{ro},{rw},{ws},{sm},{st},{sa},{uk},{sn},{rs},{sc},{sl},{sg},{sk},{si},{sb},{so},{as},{za},{gs},{su},{es},{lk},{sh},{kn},{lc},{pm},{vc},{sd},{sr},{sj},{sz},{se},{ch},{sy},{tw},{tj},{tz},{th},{tg},{tk},{to},{tt},{tn},{tr},{tm},{tc},{tv},{ug},{ae},{gb},{uk},{ua},{us},{um},{uy},{uz},{vu},{va},{ve},{vn},{vi},{wf},{eh},{ye},{zm},{zw}

:^)

This
If you do opt for the VPN, PIA is your only choice. Only like 30 a year too if you pay for the whole year at once.

>Hosted in the USA
Heh. HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

what is pia
are you shill

Probably were forced to start logging right after that.

So you think it's safe to connect through burger nodes? lol

Burgers can't into Russia anyway. Also I'm not sure if Tor reports enabled extensions in any way that would affect browser's fingerprint. It's not using whatever Moxilla is using by default in Fx.

A shit VPN for idiots, featuring """"""military grade encryption""""""""""". A honeypot.

is that you robert lazar ya cunt

What?

>doesn't heed advice from developers
>arrogantly assumes "no, i am right"
>femanon

Experience tells otherwise.

kek pia users get it

You're allready being watched all the time if you use wangblows.

Plus I'm getting really good download speeds :3

Well, I tried to minimise that as much as possible. Plus I usually use Windows 7.

>Experience tells otherwise.

Anecdotal nonsense. In your experience what? You know better than what the developers recommend? Lol.

use only free software or just give up.

I'm using it. It works just fine. Do I need someone to tell me otherwise? No.

Oh come on, this is not feasible. And don't tell me that you do.

I'm using a libreboot think pad right now. Totally feasible.

>*i'm* using it
>do *i* need someone to tell *me* otherwise?
>no

Arrogant in the extreme.

>Oh come on, this is not feasible

translation:

>I'M A GUUUUUUURL GAYMER

Right..?

Hmm, no. Are all drivers "free"? I doubt Nvidia's drivers are. I do a lot of video encoding and I need NVENC to work, otherwise I'm almost doubling the encoding time.

Lol

>I do a lot of video encoding and I need NVENC to work

translation:

>I STREAM SHITTY GAYMS ON TWITCH

I don't stream. I have no idea how to do it to be honest.

Until you fell.

How? What do you mean?

My god. You're really a typical women that claims she's right. I'd love to see you in the next Defcon and explaining yourself to everyone.

That is why you need to own multiple machines for your work, dumbass. Go big or go home, am I right?

I mean, I bet you do nothing out of ordinary.
So yeah, could work for you that silly setup.

Just like everyone else said, less nodes, better fingerprints. Just keep that in mind.

I doubt your exit nodes are that much perfected. Any experienced analysts could track you back after looping each node until the last one you reached.

VPNs and all that crap are bullshit, it's just a layer of security. Someone that wants you, will succeed.

Sure from your experience, everything seems good and you have a wonderful life. Just hope you're not shady, because that's how you get caught.

I do own multiple machines though (: I have a dekstop and three laptops. All running Windows 7 as main OS. Dual booting Debian on desktop too.

>I mean, I bet you do nothing out of ordinary.
That is correct.

>Just like everyone else said, less nodes, better fingerprints. Just keep that in mind.
Idk, but I'd avoid USA nodeas at all costs.

>I doubt your exit nodes are that much perfected
I do believ Russia is the best way to bounce your traffic around. Not only that, but it's huge!

I know.

>Someone that wants you, will succeed.
Nah (;

>Sure from your experience, everything seems good
Yep (:

>and you have a wonderful life
I wish :(

y u no have wonderful life?

Personal life issues.

I'm the guy that you replied a shit ton.
Well, fair enough all of it.

I'm not really here to debate that much, just spouting things that I learned from as a forensics security analyst.

Like I said, if you just want to anonymize that way, it works. Yet since you're not a "primary target" it does the job.

Though, we could always debate in the bedroom, that'd be kinky. (;

I'd show you how I could past your firewall.

>if you just want to anonymize that way, it works
Yep, it's all I'm using Tor for.

> bi weekly tor shill thread

I thought I'd make you laugh with my bad puns.
Sadpanda. Gotta work on those.

But it did make me laugh :)

Funded by CIA niggers, networked by CIA niggers

>Pay for a private proxy or deal with being traced.
Dude. Private paid proxies.... is there any way you can verify their claims that they don't trace you. Probably not eh?

Here's the best one can do.

Q. How can I haz anonimous skillz?

A. Just use multiple layers, nigga.

Start with a clean install, install openvpn and set up a legit account, then
install tor and torsocks and run that shit like a daemon motherfucker.

Then, install like some sorta virtual box shit, route a new VPN connection
through the tor-socks. Then, when you got that shit hooked up tighter than
sixteen-year-old pussy, throw in one of them browsing proxies like hide my ass
or some shit.

We got so much privacy, no nigga gonna know who you is. Call that hostname
amnesia, bitch.

grc.com/vpn/vpn.htm

>Being this desperate
End yourself mong

You sound insecure

Oh, at least there's that!
Well, I wish you a good day I have to run.

Bed is calling, at least it's the week-end

That's cute. Better luck next time, if you can't have fun be it your way you lonely mongrel.

Nextcloud is a slow piece of shit, I'm switching to Seafile today

How come?

Ty (:

Pic related is (You) right now

Shiet man. You seriously do try-hard.
I don't think we have the same definition of things around here. I'm perfectly fine alone, thank you.

"[warn] You have asked to exclude certain relays from all positions in your circuits. Expect hidden services and other Tor features to be broken in unpredictable ways."

both of you just get out already
one is messing around with pretty old bad puns and one is getting the bait

ffs what this place has come to

to be expected the library is messed

Try it and see whether it's broken or not.

At first try it does seem to work. It uses a russian nodes only and speed is normal. But it's such a complex piece of software, something might already be borked.

does mommy know her little baby boy uses so many bad words on the internet

>minimise that as much as possible
>Oh come on, this is not feasible. And don't tell me that you do.

Oh come on, be consistent.

TOR is dead. Compromised by FBI and 85% of TOR is gone, only their agents are still using it.

>TOR is dead. Compromised by FBI
LMAO

TOR was developed by the US Naval Research Lab. This "FBI compromised" maymay is a shitto.

FBI has managed to link a guy's IP in a CP case but dropped it to hide the method they used.
Tons of hosting companies closed down. 85% of the users and content is gone. TOR is dead.
Anyone that denies it is a FBI shill.

And DARPA nota bene. Why the fuck would the FBI compromise it?

>Because the FBI are retards?

Possibly

>TOR is dead

FOR CP! GOOD! FUCK CP!

Tor is NOT dead.

Doesnt matter if it was a CP case, it means they can do the same shit for everyone on TOR, you fucking retard.

FBI found a way to trace user IP.
So? Tor is just one layer. And living in a non-cucked country really helps. Yes. The USA is fucked wrt to TOR.

>Tor is just one layer
>literally the only thing that Tor is supposed to protect doesn't get protected
muh uhnyin
muh layers

>The Onion Router
Called so because of Layers.

>Layer maymay

Fucking retard with a non-argument

Their exploit will not work once Tor switches to using UNIX domain sockets. Windows users are probably fucked tho.

that method was a flash exploit
if you enable the most insecure plugin that has ever existed, you deserve to get fucked over

>use Tor to protect your IP
>doesn't protect your IP
>>u-use Tor anyways!!11
Fuck off, kid.

That's going to be slow as fuck!

You're a fucking idiot. One of the big points of tor is that you'll be hidden inside a sea of other users that look exactly like you. Changing your fingerprint completely gets rid of this property

Just got it, can someone explain how it works?

a javascript exploit. and the tor devs left javascript enabled

Do not use this without a VPN also. I`m not sure which way around it is; Tor > VPN or VPN > Tor. But don`t use by itself, even with tails. If you use it on windows, your asking for trouble. If you do find a way to get it running, keep looking at a DNS leak website and check your ip isn`t showing up. Unless you have a Tor friendly VPN ready to go. Just forget about it.

allyour4nert7pkh.onion/ded.html

tor died in 2014 after gawker shitbombed the community with EBIN DEEPWEB MEEM.
it's nothing but carders, scammers and obscure pedo repos now.

Tor is ded after all.

I want to buy some coffee beans from a darknet retailer

where is a good place to go that has a wide variety of goods for sale?

Coffee beans.... Is that a code word?

No I just want to buy legal items but I want to buy off the darknet, how can I do that anonymously

extracrispy.com/drinks/1311/darknet-coffee-is-a-legal-way-to-get-high-on-the-deepweb

I have no Idea where you can but just normal coffee beans. I would just check out all the clearnet bitcoin markets using TOR.

TOR has been compromised ever since 12 year olds could learn about it on JewTube

nordvpn is the only way
prove me wrong

tb h I only use it in my laptop in conections I don't trust, and I use Tor browser + VPN, so basically, I just don't use it when I am home.