Alright, here's my honest opinion on Gnu Meme Linux

Alright, here's my honest opinion on Gnu Meme Linux.

Its a good OS. The concept of having a full customizable operative system is pretty nice. Besides, I may have been living under a rock, but you don't get to see panels, a package manager, as being able to customize frequently, mainly because they're made by hobbyist. OS would be a perfection if it weren't for some flaws of course.

Alright, so a full customizable open source OS. In my opinion, what really flawed the OS is the video games. Its a Operative System, not a android thing or whatever. Maybe they're just trying to show off OS's hardness, but that would still be a flaw. I mean, it feels like the OS is overfeeding you some CLI command shit instead of the real stuff, but thats just my opinion.

One more thing that really REALLY bugs me is requiring to have compatible hardware to run Linux. ". First of all, that is NOT how it works.

Overall this OS is may not be accurate to the real thing, but its still gud. I like Ubuntu Linux.

Your grammar and general composition is really bad, but I get what you are trying to say, and applaud your adventure into the, to you, unknown world of GNU/Linux, and giving it a fair chance, in your eyes.

First of all, the primary GNU/Linux distros are very far from being a hobby OS, and are the primary driver of the internet, a lot of research and software development, and form the backbone of most corporations.

However, without going into all of your points listed, it would be good for you to perhaps venture into something like Arch Linux, make notes and learn them as you challenge yourself further. Based on what you are saying, you will learn an incredible amount about computers, and at some point Unix or Unix-Like OSs will become unavoidable to you, because of their extreme pragmatism offered.

Just one question. Can I run Visual Studio through Wine on Linux?

Solve one problem for me too.
I have a AMD Radeon graphics card which may be not supported by Ubuntu 16.04.
What should I do? Will upgrading to Ubuntu 16.10 or downgrading to 14.04 solve the issue? If yes, will it work as good as the graphics card works on Windows? Also will have to configure my computer or will the system work perfectly after upgrading or downgrading?

Am I damaging my computer by not using a OS supporting the graphics card?
Also my laptop takes like ~50 seconds to boot? Is that because of the incompatible graphics card?

The proprietary driver isn't supported, but the open source driver works out of the box with minimal performance hit.

>Your grammar and general composition is really bad
lel

What are saying doesn't match up.
As I said in my previous post, my computer takes ~50 seconds to boot up. While other people I talked to here say their Ubuntu boots up in 3-5 seconds. I think this may be because of the Nicolette driver support.
Also, applications like Firefox and Nautilus takes 3-4 seconds to start.
My CPU usage hovers around 20% all the time.
Please tell me if this is because of the graphics card.

No is correct.

Your boot up time is determined by many other factors. Do you have an SSD? EFI generally boots faster, but is more prone to break IMO. What services do you have set in systems to start etc...

Have you tried reading the OP?

What card do you have?
The amdgpu driver included in 16.04 will work for all radeon and at I cards.
If you are getting video, you have a GPU driver.

> (You)
>Solve one problem for me too.
>I have a AMD Radeon graphics card which may be not supported by Ubuntu 16.04.

>Am I damaging my computer by not using a OS supporting the graphics card?

Dafuq?

No I don't have a SSD. But does an SSD makes so much of a difference I.e. ~45 seconds?
I only have the default startup services enabled.

Well it may damage the computer because now the CPU has to do the extra work of the graphics card.
Am I wrong? If so, Please correct me and explain.

bump for expecting answers.

bump and bump

continue bump

Dualbooting or pci passthrough are always the best options for running Windows software

>Does an SSD make so much of a difference
Yes. 5 seconds of googling could get you that answer.
If you expect good boot times on an hdd, you're delusional.

Is this a retard thread? People with an IQ this low shouldn't be allowed to post.

>Using Visual Studio

Come back when you've completed your freshman year at community college

>Ubuntu LInux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Then what IDE would you use that isn't trash?

git clone -b master git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git

Is this reading English feels like to non native speakers?
I actually got frustrated and gave up half way through this.

>emacs
Once you'e completed high school, you can come back here

You can use virt-manager and run windows at native performance on Linux, so yes.

No. You can find updated PPA's that have Mesa 17, which will give you much, much better performance that the old Mesa 12 or whatever Ubuntu is *still* usuing.

>what really flawed the OS is the video games
Wait, the fact that it has videogames that run on it? Or the fact that it doesn't have as much as other OS's? Because both have nothing to do with the quality of the OS itself.

I think Ubuntu is pretty gud, and I agree that Snappy packages are a good move as long as it's optional.