Apple

Who has made the switch to Apple hardware?

>Inb4 hackintosh poorfags

Is Mac OS really that good?

Is iOS really that good?

Whats your experience been like switching to the Apple ecosystem?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackread.com/apples-os-x-most-vulnerable-software-of-2015/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10151632
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have, yes it's pretty good. I run parallels and windows too.

Fast drives, fast ram, excellent screens, amazing trackpad comfy OS

it's worth it if you have the money desu

>Whats your experience been like switching to the Apple ecosystem?

it's easy, I don't use an iphone or itunes so the "ecosystem" is not really a thing for me, I just install programs and run them like any other computer

Mac OS is what linux would be if it were perfected

>Mac OS is what linux would be if it were perfected
>he can't distinguish OS from cute icons

>>Mac OS is what linux would be if it were perfected
>>he can't distinguish OS from cute icons

what are you even talking about

Workplace pretty much forced a MacBook pro on me but after some time I really don't want to ever work with a non-Apple machine again. Build quality, battery time, the screen, everything is top notch. Sure it's pricy but since the boss paid for it I couldn't care less.
The os is okay-ish but if you need something else, just install it beside Mac os.

macOS is ok. the app store is my biggest issue. overall it is pretty aesthetic.

>amazing trackpad
kill yourself

? the trackpad is awesome faggot

It's the polished *nix "distribution" there is, [spoiler]unfortunately[/spoiler]

You do realize that Google has over 40,000 Macs for their employees right?

Serious developers and engineers use Apple stuff to get shit done. While you sit around fapping to Loli and jerking over your Arch bullshit and pray for stallman to come fuck your boipussy

I think macOS is great besides HFS+(but from Sierra they are changing it to APFS). So yup it''s really that good(real terminal+lots of apps for some other shit).
iOS it depends I think it's not. It's stable and etc. but I would prefer it to not be so closed, luckily music streaming made itunes more useless so you don't have to use this disaster often.
If we are talking about ecosystem it's great and I don't think the competition right now is on par with them.

Apple by far makes the best trackpad

cute icons is the only thing in mac os that is better than same thing in linux, think before you ask

Apple pretty much perfected the trackpad.

Just like others said, I don't want to use a non-Apple notebook again. Made the switch three years ago, haven't looked back.

>cute icons is the only thing in mac os that is better than same thing in linux, think before you ask

OSX is based on unix which is much like Linux and has a terminal, it's more like Linux than it is like Windows

that's why I said it's as though linux were perfected for the desktop

I would rather run windows if need be on apple hardware

the hardware is just that much better than any windows laptop you can buy

Shield Tablet -> iPad Pro 9.7''

The iPad is way better for my use case but surprisingly I've had more stability issues on it than on the Shield Tablet

Then again I don't look at a tablet with the mindset that I have tinker with it

>You do realize that Google has over 40,000 Macs for their employees right?
So what? Being developer does not mean not being retard or OS-illiterate.

>Serious developers and engineers
I know some
>use Apple stuff to get shit done.
and they all use linux, hate mac os and say that it's literally impossible to do even simple stuff that is easily done on linux. They describe it "It just not werks" and say that it's amazing how OS can be shitty so much.

>While you sit around fapping to Loli
I am quite a good developer
>jerking over your Arch bullshit
gentoo

Is Mac OS really that good?
macOS is objectively a better OS than windows, its only legitimate criticism is that it doesn't have as much widespread software support (which is more of a byproduct of windows once utter dominance and not a flaw of the OS itself).

>Is iOS really that good?
iOS is objectively a better OS than android and especially in the mobile space, iOS is run on objectively the best hardware. the only thing that can make android tolerable is to root it and get rid of the botnet but then again you can do the same with iOS with jailbreaking so iOS just straight up wins by default.

>and they all use linux, hate mac os and say that it's literally impossible to do even simple stuff that is easily done on linux.

bullshit

such as what

So you still can't see other differences between mac os and linux and think that the only one is cute icons. Why am I wasting time on you?

never said anything about icons, sorry for talking over your head you don't know what you are even doing

>buy iPhone 6
>get touch disease
>apple demands $150 to fix their own hardware defect
I'm fucking done with this piece of shit company, I'm getting a V20 soon instead.

Though one huge thing I fucking hate is the inability to install emulators.

Apple is the restricted kindergarten UNIX where GNU/Linux is the progressive power user UNIX.

Beyond web browsing you're better off with GNU/Linux.

>GNU/Linux is the progressive power user UNIX.
It's not UNIX. Even the name says that it's not UNIX: GNU's Not UNIX.

I switched a few years back.

iOS isn't that great but MacOS is amazing. It took about a week to adjust but everything is so much batter. Going back to windows feels like a nightmare and no I don't have time to fuck around with linux.

>bullshit
are you a developer?

>such as what
docker, postgresql, brew

macOS is objectively a better OS than windows

objectively better in?
windows unlike os x has:

better hardware support
better software support
better games support
better business support

Here's someone who hasn't tried a decent trackpad

I would buy an iPhone, but they don't support webm. That's the biggest thing left holding me back.

Love my MacBook Pro though.

>GNU/Linux is the progressive power user UNIX.

you have no idea what you are talking about

>better support
Here's the thing, with macOS, you don't need support. Unless by support you meant 'range available' instead of 'help'. But thats still a moot point. The best available third party software/business service, for any industry or task, is available on Mac. And you get a much faster, more secure, easier to use operating system.

All windows offers is more choice, where every choice is inferior.

I have an iPhone, Apple Watch 2, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, 2 Apple TV's, and have CarPlay in my car. Their stuff is pretty good.

a mouse is superior

your last three points refer to what I said about macOS lacking software support.

hardware support is limited to what they offer, yes. but assuming money isn't a factor, the Mac scales to top of the line hardware as well.

Apple has a fancy gayish appearance for a starbucks for a hipster and nothing more that can beat Linux/Android in efficiency and flexibility for a techie.

Mobile Safari doesn't, but with VLC you can play webms on iOS.

Precision wise a mouse is the best device. For shit like graphics design it's a must to have a mouse.

Functionality wise though, unless you have one of those crazy fairly uncomfortable mice with 12 buttons on the side like the naga you don't get shit with a mouse. With an apple trackpad (plus software for it) you can bind multifinger gestures to a lot of functions and do a lot of shit quickly.

For instance, one of my main complaints with trackpads was moving windows from side to side. With a gesture you can just do that shit real quick.

>The best available third party software/business service, for any industry or task, is available on Mac.

every industry? you are lying

>more secure
you are lying again
hackread.com/apples-os-x-most-vulnerable-software-of-2015/

>much faster
show benchmarks or you are lying again

>easier to use operating system.
only point where you are right

>With a gesture you can just do that shit real quick.
i know that. i have a magic trackpad.

How do I play web on safari? Chrom runs like shit on macOS. Or is there any browser that doesn't hog battery and CPU like chrome?

Chrome OS runs on Gentoo

I dabble in both Mac OS and Windows. First computer ever was a Power Macintosh, my main computer in university was the 2009 Macbook, I still use a 2008 iPod touch for music. I would probably still be a pure Macfag had Apple not started to let the Mac wither on the branch after Steve Jobs died. I feel they have been far too focused on the iPhone and iPad, and Mac users have been left in the dark with old products and underwhelming updates when they do eventually get refreshed. Mac OS is becoming more buggy and bloated, the last release I was completely satisfied with was Snow Leopard. I personally did not like iOS and was very pleased when I switched to Android in 2014. Before that my Thinkfag roommate convinced me to get a Thinkpad, so I bought an X200 used and was immediately taken aback by the build quality and comfiness level. My main computer now is a W530, which I personally prefer to the Macbook Pro in any iteration. Apple has the indisputable best trackpads but the TrackPoint is the best pointing device IMO.

Accounting software is either not available or flat out inferior on the Mac. See: SAGE50 and Quickbooks. I would also argue that the operating system is not inherently more user friendly than Windows 7 and up, it's just different.

It's a UNIX in the sense of UNIX-like OS, autism more

But browsing Sup Forums is not going to be as easy

>literally impossible
>postgresql
what

> what
PGStorm, V8 Exts etc.
E.g. news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10151632

Same here, my 6 plus got touch disease too. Apple is a fucking joke.

>news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10151632
it works fine for me

does tapping work on it?

Yeah, why would it not?

Proofs with benchs?