[This triggers the autist]

Previous Thread: >

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p6yCnaQuNCk
youtu.be/2ku0UmI5Uk8
youtu.be/6DuDf0dHvBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DUDE HOROLOGY LMAO

I want to buy a loupe so I can appreciate horology more and piss off sellers by finding flaws

what features should I be looking for? what's a good magnification rate?

Third for post-2010 Vostoks

>posting a fake

No, the left is genuine too, it's just vintage.

A x10 should be sufficient for this.
Though vary a little. Grab a x15 as a secondary so if you do spot anything with the x10 you think is off, you can see in greater detail.

yeah it's a mudman

What's the best looking vintage Seiko Alpinist?

White 4s15 by miles.

This is correct

Has anyone ever seen a white dial version of the current alpinist for sale?

Where the fuck are they all?

Discontinued m8.

in terms of modern watches:

Seiko vs Citizen vs Orient vs Victorinox

go

Our Seiko 5 who art in Japan
SNK809K2 by thy name

1. Orient
1. Seiko
4. Citizen
7. Victoronix

what's so shit about the Swiss?

>Victoronix

>K2
>Japan

Found some old quartz watches. Are these worth $0? Citizen&Junghans, probably from the 80s.

Them shits are chinese

>>>/reddit/

are asian watches haram?

no?

then what watches are actually swiss brand and don't cost over $500?

Victorinox is shit.

mid/JDM seiko > low end orient > low end seiko >>>>>>>>>victorinox

Citizen is a dark horse outside the ranking because they cater to the eco drive niche

>then what watches are actually swiss brand and don't cost over $500?

Not much. Stop being poor.

Citizen stinks because they make top tier mechanical movement designs and put them in the ugliest watches imaginable.

I like it

t. last thread

>AESTHETIC

What's the worst brand in the world and why is it Swatch?

The more expensive Swatch Group stuff is even worse. Hublot probably takes the cake as worst in terms of bang-per-buck.

Fag shit like HOMOS or Asspoop Original also rank poorly.

Vostok: The Official Timekeeper of Reddit

Here are the simple facts: Nomos are literally the first new company to develop the capacity to design and manufacture mechanical movements including escapements on a series production basis since the 1960s. They join Vostok, Orient, Citizen, Seiko, ETA and Rolex as the only non haute horlogerie companies capable of this.

Developing this capability took a several year and ~12 million Euro investment in escapements and a further ~2 million Euro investment in designing the ultra-thin DUW 3001 calibre. These are enormous investments from a company with an annual sales volume of 10,000 - 20,000 units, and as a result must necessarily be reflected in increased unit prices.

In an affordable luxury watch market heavily dominated by Chinese-cased ETA-powered marketing-driven shitters, any watchmaker that makes the investments required to become a manufacture and actually increase the technical diversity of series produced mechanical movements should be applauded no matter whether you like the aesthetics of their product line. To the extent that Nomos succeeds by following this path, it may serve to encourage more investment in the technical aspects of watchmaking by other companies rather than just investing in more value engineering (i.e. cost-cutting) and more advertising.

Just in the last 10 years we have gone from a $1,000-$4,000 market where every single watch was powered by an ETA movement to one where you can now choose between ETA, Tudor, Nomos, and Seiko (8rXXs, 8LXXs). How can this development be regarded as bad for people interested in horology, regardless of whether you would personally buy any of those watches yourself? If only Miyota and Seiko would add micro-adjuster models to their ebauche offerings and Tudor would begin to use their in-house movement in more models, we could return to an era of real competition in movements in production watches not seen since the glory days of the 1970s.

AFAIK Plebbit doesn't care much Vostok. It's more like the official meme chronometer of us and WUS.

I will start supporting Nomos when Nomos stops basing their designs off of Judaic horseshit designed to subvert Western society.

The association with Nomos being a faggots watch is because that's exactly what they are, and I will NEVER EVER support them in any capacity until they decide to be something else.

youtube.com/watch?v=p6yCnaQuNCk

thats not a mechanical watch though.

>Judaic horseshit designed to subvert Western society.
What did he mean by this?

kys yourself

Hi fellas

Lad here who had some questions about the JLC Master Control last thread

Been doing some research and maybe someone knows a bit more:

1. Is the bezel larger in the new Master Controls (Q1548420) vs the old ones 140.8.89? I'm not sure but to me it looks like it is, and kind of "covers" more of the dial, in a way

2. Are there any models between the 140.8.89 and the Q1548420 where they introduce the exposed back?

3. is the 140.8.89 just the Master Control or is it the Master Control Ultra Thin?

Cheers

I think he means the Bauhaus design.

for your third question, the model is not an ultra thin

thank you

youtu.be/2ku0UmI5Uk8

How many times are you going to post this the raging autist?

It's an Eaglemoss version of the Tank Komandirskie from their military watches collection.

What are some reddit watches to avoid?

There are too many to mention, but HOMOS surely comes out on top

Holy crap this is a bad watch

Do the fakes ever glue their case backs on? I can't open this to save my life. Trying to fix it for a pal.

>reddit likes Rolex and Patek???
>grandfathers calatrava Intothetrash.jpg

Anyone else want to buy certain watches they don't really see themselves wearing?

I want a raketa calendar and kopernik but I never see myself wearing them.

Not because they look bad but I have other watches that I wear instead.

Damn that's cool. What do these go for?

Speaking of Alpinists.. Which one of you sick seikophile freaks did this?

Are you going blind?

Is there a practical reason why a lot of leather watch straps seem to be thick as fuck these days? Or is it just the style?

I bought a Hirsch Oxford online and I didn't realise it would be so thin. But I really like it.

fine leatherwork is an expense watch brands often skip because people will buy aftermarket straps.

if you buy a JLC or Patek I would expect much more from the factory strap than a seiko or tissot

Not me, I put a good strap on mine earlier today

What the fuck is that strap?

That's about what I'd pay for one yeah.
If they work, you may be able to sell them for $3 to 5 on ebay.

Did the user that ordered his cocktail time from Gizmo-outlets on ebay get it yet?

So far there's 3 anons I know of that have bought from this guy and had no issues (me being one of them) despite him seeming dodgy as fuck.

>worst case
>worst dial
>one of the worst bezels
Yep

It belonged to my babushka. Please don't insult.

Sometimes yeah, but they're watches I can't afford anyway, so it's not much of a problem.

Cop?

royal oak and nautilus are all flawed

what is this?

and why is it so awesome?

I don't think I would wear a JLC master calendar every day but I still want one

Raketa Calendar but some special edition one.

who asked?

Fuck no

What's archie up to these days?

working through depression.

He actually seems healthier mentally. He actually said people don't have to buy a patek if they don't want to.

He still seems to think that material goods are what make people happy but whatever

Why aren't vintage soviet watches worth anything?

They have a cult following, and they're vintage, you'd think they'd be worth money.

And yet you can pick up the iconic soviet watches for $50 or less.

>Month and day in English

Franken?

I recently bought a NOS watch but there was a sticker on the clasp for oh, 35 years or so that left a sticky film of residue. I tried some goo gone to remove it but it didn't do the trick, what solvent and abrasives can I try that won't scratch the finish?

Saw that listing. Made me gag.

Just got to fingernail that shit off.

because they're shit

Hehe I have both :3

Havent worm either of them for a long time.

>birth watch

Interesting idea or reddit meme shit?

Is he being 100% serious or is it satire?

I actually think he's generally right with respect to his opinions on luxury watches, although his presentation makes him look like a doof, which I thought was just a character he was putting on

Do you really have to ask?

Archieluxery is a character that paul pluta created. But Archie is just Paul dialled up to 11.

Why do people wear their watch on the wrong arm?

>"My first real watch"

As opposed to all those imaginary watches???

do we talk smart watchs in here?

which is the correct one?

G-Shocks are smart

export model

The left so the crown faces out and you can manipulate it without removing the watch.

Also you wont be bashing it into things you're reaching for or getting shit over it when you wipe your ass or piss when you hold your dick.

>using the crown while the watch is on your wrist
Also with the crown facing in wouldn't it be more protected?

Isopropyl alcohol

youtu.be/6DuDf0dHvBg
>the absolute state of this cunt's life

He's got 4 ex wives and 3 kids lol

>tfw waiting for Seiko turtle in the mail
>expected delivery Monday