Uptime thread

uptime thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/horst3180/arc-theme
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ITT: Nerds who don't know what "uptime" really means.

Why do I see so many Linux users on laptops? Do they not trust running Linux on their desktop? Or is it just a hobby they play with in their spare time?

It's an old pic, but this is my all time record since having my home server.

I think you see more laptops because they see more daily use. If anyone had a desktop they would most likely just use it for gaming or some type of media related work.

Nextcloud is a slow piece of PHP shit, I'm switching to Seafile today

$ uptime -p
up 1 hour, 37 minutes

Why the hell would uptime matter on a desktop?
I'm not providing some mission critical application served right out of my Athlon shitbox.

Won't duplicate my post.

17:31:52 up 4 days, 21:00, 3 users, load average: 0.27, 0.36, 0.24

On server
5:32PM up 324 days, 4:03, 1 user, load averages: 0.13, 0.09, 0.08

>desktop on a server

why on earth would you do this, run it headless and ssh in, faggot

i do trust running linux on my desktop

abc@server:~$ uptime 12:28:39 up 686 days, 23:01, 2 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

>the entirety of gnome3 and it's applications
>on a server
what the fuck i cant even

I also have it connected to my tv in my house so I can watch youtube on it. I actually mostly use it for watching videos and just use SSH for the occasional backup. I really don't notice too big of a hit in performance.

It's that time again for neets to show how much money they're making their mother waste on electricity

worst girl

up to your tastes now, mister?

your'e spot on mister

OwO

I trust running Linux anywhere. Especially my work/school laptop. I wouldn't use anything else.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

i run it on all my devices

We only needed an hour to run our exploit.Leaving your server up for us was much appreciated.
t.CIA

*tips*
Fuck you, it's a good distro.

where is your action bar user

The one poster with a desktop Linux install, sweet

What WM theme is that

how functional is your OS? ive been thinking of getting a Pi.

I have a raspi and it's alright. Web browsing can be a huge pain in the ass. I even installed no script and ublock on Firefox and still can blow sometimes

Anything else is doable

meh

Arc
github.com/horst3180/arc-theme

these threads would be better if they were posted max once per month