AMD are rumoured to be creating a consumer-oriented 16-core Ryzen CPU

>Public knowledge by now but AMD has a new HEDT platform coming out in a couple of months. You’ll see more of it at Computex I believe. It’s a 16 core /32 Thread, quad channel behemoth. And it is insanely quick in the tests that Ryzen is already excelling at. So Cinebench, and all other related productivity programs. The gaming issues that were causing the Ryzen AM4 CPUs to behave erratically to say the least have been ironed out. It’s akin to a newer revision on a newer platform. This should be competing with the Xeon and of course 6950X Intel offers for $1700~$1800USD, but at about $1,000 USD if not less for some Skews. Coming soon.
CPSs are pretty big physically, about twice the size of surrent 6950X CPUs and a bit more perhaps. And if you were hoping for pins, nope it’s strictly LGA! It’s NOT 8 channel, but Quad.

>Will be a splendid competition between X299 and this AMD platform. Skylake-X is pretty good, not revolutionary but a meaningful step up in IPC and the clocks are pretty high as well. If Intel will have a 32 core part to compete on X299 remains to be seen, but the HEDT platform is going to change quite a bit in the next 4 to 6 months.?

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/amd_are_rumoured_to_be_creating_a_consumer-oriented_16-core_ryzen_cpu/1

Holly fuck! Intel is fucked!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CPCHardware/status/843105726298054656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>add more cores n shiet
>2017
>not focusing on IPC for the consumer market

MORE CORES
O
R
E

C
O
R
E
S

now THIS would be faildozer all over again

Not only more cores but it 8c in one of its 2 CCX. Power consumption would be amazing.

would love to have one, but even the 1800x is way beyond what i can afford for a cpu

in the 90s i dreamed about what the future would bring, little i knew it was dual core pentiums. i thought it would be 20 core cpus with 1TB of ram

R5 and R3, breh.

I think the the 1800X is over kill for my everyday use. I'm looking between a 1600X and a 1700

I hope they push core count even more
Intel will be forced to do it too, that would be huge win

that's not how it works. they would have to get applications to use more threads, otherwise intel wont change shit.

>moar cores = faster cpu

Heavy as fuck video codecs like Daala might have a chance if future CPUs have 16 cores or more.

will naples be on lga or pga?
I was wondering what would the x399 be called, if simply that or am4+

I'm going 1700 because you can overclock it (not rven going to) but you can't add cores to a 1600.

I hope they test it on 720p games

>This should be competing with the Xeon and of course 6950X Intel offers for $1700~$1800USD,

BUT
WHERE
ARE

M
Y
GAMING
BENCHMARKS

It wont be AM4+ cus that's consumer name and they wont make another consumer socket until DDR5 arrives.
Probably PGA since Ryzen is PGA, unless the pin count is too high?

Uh nvm the OP says it's LGA.

Yeah, the 1700 is the sweetspot imho for people who need a lot of power to get the job done. It's 4 years that I do everything on a laptop that costed me about 250€, with a ridiculous i3-3110m, 4gb of ram and a 5400rpm hd, and I'm simply dreaming about a hardcore build, which ryzen makes possible, for developing java, machine learning, music production and a lot of other stuff that I find hard to do because right now I'm bottlenecked. Thanks based ryzen.

>moar corez yet again
>2GHz

>MAKE LESS CORES
Intel

One of the computers where I work has a 22 core Xeon and 1tb ram

But deliver.

A-all Issues have been totally ironed out.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

72 x86 cores

Now my 8 core risens is obsolete..

Remember to ignore and report literal intel shills!

And beaten by a fucking i3.

W-wait I can't afford that now..

Encouraging shitty programming does not result in a better end user experience.

And the importance of FPS goes even more downhill.
>just wait

if it's within 5% of the r7 on single threaded and double multi threaded I'll buy it

>FAKE MORE COARZ
t. intel

And with Intel's grip on the whole CPU market we are totally going to see proper core AND CCX utilization. Yeah.

>FPS
this isnt a fucking gaymur chip

I thought I buried you underground for good this time, Oldman.

Not yet, newfag.

The worms will be enough this time around.

>P54C cores

toppest fucking kek

There will be a respin of the AM4 lineup to fix the DF issue, and this new HEDT lineup won't have the same issues as the current desktop parts.

Ryzen 7 literally said "for gamers".

I'll love when the v4 xeons arrive at ebay for 200 usd each.

...on a footnote. Try harder, shill.

>Unironically believing AMD propaganda
>Believing any kind of propaganda

Why didn't you wait 'till the reviews came out to see how well it did outside of gaming, user?

When?
>just wait

Why do you care? You can buy Intel now.

But muh futureproof, obviously ;)

t. impatient manbabby

How do they plan to do that?
Current motherboards have trouble not catching fire with a 8 core 95 watt TDP CPU.

H2'17. They will have different model numbers, of course.

>just wait
Okay, grandpa. I thought you had business with maggots in the ground.

Nah bro, 480p is the new standard

So all trolling aside, I do play gaymz but also do some editing and rendering.

What are the odds of this actually being on par with the 6950x?

>no 240p

pleb

Post link.

is(.)gd/WZMFMM

It would be similar with 16 core Xeon.

>240p
>not 144p

;]

That definitely is not a public knowledge, just a wild rumor that hasn't appear in any halfway reliable site.

So pretty much don't believe this (for now).
I'll believe it when BenchLife.info confirms it.

t. cretin working as hw journalist

It'll be on BGA. This has been confirmed.

So will the 16 core Snowy Owl.

If it appeared, it would be 16core made of two Zeppelin chips, so 4xCCX.

OP is wrong.

It's a rumor from a fucking forum from a guy that talks out of his ass.

Snowy Owl might be brought to HEDT as a X299 competitor at 140w or 180w TDP instead of

Looks like a server oriented CPU. The average person probably wouldn't buy it because it's completely shit price/performance but it might be more affordable than similar CPUs in the server market.

>72 x86 cores
18 cores with 4-way SMT, you mean.
And the biggest lie marketing campaign.

Fucking joke.

The current ones (you said 72 cores, so no excuses) are Silvermont + custom AVX512 unit and 4way SMT. Not bad actually, but not for PC of course. Would be fucking cool to have it for desktop though with 96 GBs of DDR4.

No, it said for enthusiasts and prosumers.

Dude, you know shit. It is 72 actual cores. 288 threads. Next time get your information before shitposting.

Sure it is. Intel just disabled 90% of the cores on the die and then lied about it.

>This time, for reals we'll build a gpu that works!

Oh, cool.
Still performs shit compared to a GPU.

Looks pretty, tho, I'll give it that.

It's a standalone CPU with up to 384 GB of RAM and 16GB high bandwidth cache, so it's much better than GPUs in many ways.

I like the idea even as AMD fan. With they did it.

Doing dual socket with an ARM cpu in one and x86-64 in the other seems like it'd make more sense.
Or an iGPU so you can dual socket them, unless that's what it does?
My understanding is that it's all x86-64 cores which holds it back.

Terry might like this

>So Cinebench, and all other related productivity programs.

Lol Cinebench isn't a productivity program.

And speaking of those... Raisin doesn't stack up so hot to Intel's 4 core chips.

This is Bulldozer all over again! Lol my sides, I can't even...

MOAR RAISIN FLAVORED CORNZ!!!!!

Are you SiliconDoc? Your tactics seem to be as annoying as his so I wouldn't be surprised.

Better parallelism software when?

shitty programming and human error and stupidity just piles up when you have more complicated configurations such as 16 thread processors, you need to do more to get proper use of such a processor and in practice it will be shit every single time

It's good that intel isin't coming out with a 32 core design then. You obviously know better than them, right?

damn didn't know they have this consumer oriented 32 core processor coming

What's your job? Just curious, not gonna bully

Intel wants you to pay $10000 for that privelege.

Just like anyother drone, full of shit.

I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE STILL POST ON THOSE THREADS

THE ONLY NON-BULLSHIT THREADS ARE THE CONSUMERISM ONES AND THAT'S SAD

almost as if it's not for regular joe consumers

Hopefully they're dual socket or I'll have to go for the opterons where I can expect Supermicro to rip me off on prices

Much in gaymes aren't parallizable.

h265 doesn't seem very parallizable, either.

For games, you have to design gameplay around it but most designers aren't programmers.
One example is that Civ VII could have AI do turns in parallel. Some turn based games do do parallel turns. But they aren't the same, they require different rules designed to work in parallel.
Currently turns go in an order which requires the next turn to know what the previous one did. Not much can be parallel-ized there.

And for other software, often they rely on shared memory. Parallel-ization works well when you can "tile" something into sections.

twitter.com/CPCHardware/status/843105726298054656

Kek

32c@3GHz with 8 DDR4 channels and 64/128 PCIe lanes in 180W seems pretty to me honestly.

3hz 32core would not be 180W TDP. It would be 250-260.

I actually expected somewhere around 2.7-2.9 under 200W, wasn't so off the mark.

Intel is going to be sweating like a peado in a playground at the prospect of server zen - its the one market where the real money is and they can't risk AMD gaining traction.

>B0 stepping

Oh this is gonna be good.

THIRTY TWO FUCKING DIMM SLOTS ON A 2P MOTHERBOARD

SHIT UNHOLY FUCK THAT'S FOUR TERABYTES OF MEMORY USING 128GB RDIMMS!

FOUR
TERABYTES
OF MEMORY
ON A DUAL SOCKET BOARD

...but can it run crysis?

No, Windows doesn't support that much memory.

Stallman be praised. Saving productivity from the evils of gaming.