spacegoo.com/wingsuit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It has this
spacegoo.com/wingsuit/

>Not a single Witcher
WRONG.

it has minecraft and dota 2

which is pretty much what every manchildren plays anyway

well it's retarded as fuck that you'd have to port your game twice for the same hardware because the operating systems are retarded and have to have their own versions of software even when the hardware is the same

>Not a single Witcher

Nice music

Even if there is a port, there's a high chance it will run like shit.

see: Rocket League

It would be really hard to prepare different binaries for those distros.

The people at Valve responsible for the steam os saw how much money they would have to invest in order to make it a competitor to Windows and said: "Fuck it, better enter the dota2 team and earn that sweet bonus at the end of the year"

Witcher 2 is ported

But hey not our fault developers who make their games using vulkan and opengl decide to not make a linux port and instead install denuvo

Cough*cough* doom

Fun fact: when doom stopped using denuvo the game run better on wine than windows because microsoft gimps vulkan and opengl

>being a Sup Forums manchild
>complaining about lack of games on linux
Most GNU/Linux devs spend their time actually developing and stabilizing the OS instead of developing gaymes. Windows is the reverse, being constantly developed for gaymen and not actual stability (%10 CPU usage for telemetry LMAO). Your OS choice ends up being dependent on what your priorities are.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

But rocket league runs great

On your hardware, maybe. Stutters like shit for me, even though the frame rate is fine.

Most """""ports""""" just use shitty wrappers, which is why they perform like absolute garbage.

Yeah, I'm amazed how well doom runs with wine. Can't wait for more vulkan games. Just means more likelyhood of playing on Linux even without official support.

>the future
>old series

I don't see the problem.

explain to a retard why games have to be ported on different OS when the hardware is the same?

I understand that DX is microsoft but what about all opengl shit etc.?

Im sorry linux users, i tried porting my game to linux but it wouldnt run when i tested it so i didnt release it.

I've got a 480x and an a10-7850k (steamroller) and it runs great.

If anything, my hardware should be the one it runs like shit on.

It's easy to port if you just use an OpenGL wrapper but the performance is shitty since you're translating the API instructions. I'm not sure why Valve can't just do this for every game though, I mean older games would still run fine.

I didn't mean your hardware was superior, just that you lucked out and have a configuration that doesn't have issues.

I have an HD7950 and a 6700k.

overwatch for linux when?

There are a few patches on wine

The only reason I use windows is cause of GTA V, Witcher 3 and overwatch. Fucking sucks but at least I can use the Ubuntu bash thing for what I'm missing. Haven't felt the need to dual boot at all.

Don't even play games. but you truly have to be a retard if you're really expecting developers to waste resources and their deadlines to make their software function in a pretty much non existent platform when it comes to numbers and sales

Most of the time a game is also supported by Linux its just because whatever it was used to be make the thing could also compile to Linux without hassle

None of those games are any good, try again.

Well when you compare the games that were available on Linux 10 years ago to what is available now it has come a long way. It may have a FUTURE but lazy devs using lazy wrappers to get their game to Windows will be what holds it back.

Which is why I agree with Carmack that WINE is the most important tool for games on Linux, not SteamOS or half-assed ports.

It's really not that hard, just include all third-party libraries you rely on.
Steam on Linux includes half a distro with everything you need and it works fine.