Linus absolutely destroyed Stallman

Linus absolutely destroyed Stallman.

clang > gcc

Stallman BTFO!

Erotic Fan Fiction for the Anti-Stallmanites.

Based

this

>considerable fame

>an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer

wew lad

>GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD?
BASED

This is proof that Linus likes TempleOS

Linus didn't write this

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, systemd/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, systemd plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning systemd system made useful by the systemd software suite.
Many computer users run a modified version of the systemd system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of systemd which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the systemd system, developed by Lennart Poettering and Kay Sievers.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the systemd operating system: the whole system is basically systemdwith Linux added, or systemd/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of systemd/Linux!

Terry explain. Maybe is my inferior intelligence but I can see how this is proof that Linux likes TempleOS

I miss Terry :(

SystemD is fine

>clang has better diagnostics
>gcc doesn't let you individually disable many diagnostics

>I've broken GCC less than clang
>clang put a lot of stuff in -Wpedantic that should not be there

>there is no clear winner in terms of optimization.

I don't see a reason to use either over the other.

You have to use GCC to compile linux. Nothing else works.

what features does Linux use that aren't in clang?

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as GCC, is in fact, Linux/GCC, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Linux plus GCC.

Not a single "fuck you" from Linus?

disappoint.

Is that what Linus originally used?

This is how you should know the OP is fake.

Did you not read the OP image?

fake and gay

Guess I glazed over that part

You are gay

You have to fill a car with nothing but gasoline. Nothing else works. Gas/Ford is the accurate term.

B T F O

HOW WILL THE JEWS EVER RECOVER?

Background? Is he replying to something RMS wrote? Does RMS have social media now?

templeOS is not even on Distrowatch.

That sixth paragraph btfo of the FSF.

"In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD?"

xD

>kernel
>relevant beyond a technical level

It's not a Linux distro skiddy.

>Linux is an operating system. By MY definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer.
Kek, you don't get to define to define what an operating system is. Linux is a kernel, he just describes what a kernel does and tries to define that to be an operating system. Beyond retarded.

keep it up, m8

rofl

>writes a kernel
>gets to define what an OS is

>builds a printer
>gets to define what a book is

>builds a foundation
>gets to define what a house is

FreeBSD neither, but it is on DistroWatch though.

What is SystemD?

>its another CIA nigger episode
Terry, get the car.

Yes. Linus is an awesome asshole.

That's a fake.
It's also gay.

Sunny D for tech enthusiasts

>i have absolutely no argument because my freetard logic got BTFO'd ny one pic so i call it gay

Even if it's fake, it's true at the same time.

in that case you can certainly dismantle that nonargument by providing the source.

fake doesn't mean it's false.
it just means that it isn't what it implies to be (for you smartass: a fb post by linus in response to a fb post by RMS)

use logic.

One of them named software after himself.
The other wants people to use his software's name, so that they may get curious, look it up and find out more about free software.

We have enough freetards starving everyday bacause they can't order pizza onl-WAITAMINUTE

>use logic
okay. His entire argument hinges on his stupid definition of what an OS is.
I quote: "Software which provides and limits acess to hardware resources on a computer"
Merriam Webster disagrees.
"software that controls the operation of a computer and directs the processing of programs (as by assigning storage space in memory and controlling input and output functions)"
Wikipedia disagrees.
"An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware and software resources and provides common services for computer programs."
Oxford Learner's dictionary disagrees.
"a set of programs that controls the way a computer works and runs other programs"

All these definitions are broader and much more up to interpretation than "muh kernel". Case closed.

Actually it was Linus's friend who came up the name Linux. Linus had other name in mind and he didn't want to use Linux.

what was it again.. Freax? something like that.

>he totally does not describe the same as every other source in different words.

case closed
>yfw

>Freax

Yep, it was that.

no, "providing and limiting access to hardware resources" is far more technical. It spells out part of the implementation of an abstract concept. One can argue MW is close in that regard, but Wikipedia and Oxford Learner's are far more abstract. The definitions are not strictly equivalent and "Linus'" is one marginal interpretation which conveniently helps his point superficially.

>Linus calls it Linux
>Most people and media outlets call it Linux
>It's trademarked as Linux
>pretty much every distro calls themselves 'X' Linux.
Isn't this the only argument you really need? No one calls it GNU/Linux except Stallman, and there's no legal way to force them to change the name "Linux" to "GNU/Linux." So the entire argument is pointless and irrelevant. GNU/Linux doesn't exist according to the Linux devs and most users, so the people here who constantly "correct" people is pure autism.

>No one calls it GNU/Linux except Stallman

and Sup Forums

>and Sup Forums
Only most turbo autist freeturds.

GNU/Linux is a terrible name. GNU+Linux is a terrible name. GNU is an OK name.

Calling it 'Linux' ia retarded. Android is not called Linux, nor any of the other operating systems that use Linux as it's kernel; so why has the FSF get the short end of the stick?

Just take a moment to consider:
>none of the operating systems that use Linux as it's kernel is named 'Linux'. Except GNU.
>there are distributions that don't use GNU programs, Linux can be used in BSD, too
>Windows can now run natively GNU programs -with no Linux code whatsoever

It's stupid and disrespectful to call it 'Linux' just because it has an X on the name.

>GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD?

By that retarded logic we should call Linux 'MINIX' or 'Intel' because it literally wouldn't even exist without MINIX or the Intel CPUs, while GCC would have existed regardless of Linux.

What a fucking jerk.

And yet
>if the linux kernel would be magically replaced by another one doing the job but working differently on every Linux system noone spare a few autists and sysadmins would give a rat's ass
>if one tried to do the same with GNOME, the coreutils, emacs, or the rest of the gnu environment people would be legitimately upset
really makes you think

>Android is not called Linux
But its software family is. Android systems are a subfamily referred to as Android. Use GNU if you so please when speaking in an exclusive and precise manner to a well defined subfamily consisting of distributions. Use Linux when speaking of the family as a whole, or Unix-like when speaking of the superfamily.
Or don't because software taxonomy isn't a real science and convention is determined be adoption rather than validity.

Ganoo is a fucking awful name, and so is GANOME. No one says that shit, it sounds goofy as fuck. It's Nu, or NOME. Fuck off with your hard G's.

>It's stupid and disrespectful to call it 'Linux' just because it has an X on the name.

It's stupid and disrespectful to demand someone change the name of their product, which everyone already calls it, just to appease your narcissism.

I agree with both. For reasons of practicality it makes sense to classify OSes by kernel. At the same time, the kernel is (to the end user) the least relevant thing about the operating system. It's a necessity and that's it. Sometimes one wants to stress that, and that is fair too.

FreeBSD is Unix based. TempleOS isn't.

Why are you bringing 'software families' and then disproving they exist? I never said there was such a thing as OS taxidermy, you did.

No OS that uses Linux as a kernel is called 'Linux' besides GNU and that's stupid.

...then why are you, as well as Linus and all those spergs, calling it 'Linux' when the operating system has always been called 'GNU'?

It's literally on the FSF page. It's the GNU OS, calling it 'Linux' to appeace Linus' narcissism is stupid and disrespectful. I mean, it's called after him, ar least RMS had the sensibility to not call it 'Stallmax'.

I only call it GNU/Linux ironically.

Wait what happened

But Android is a userland package, just like GNU is. If you're referring to systems using the Android userland and Linux kernel as "Android", then for consistency you should also refer to systems using the GNU userland and Linux kernel as "GNU".

I like Terry quote about compiler and eternal humiliation.

>OS taxidermy
You know that's weirdly not so far off.
Anyway, I brought it up to make the point that ALL Linux-using systems are referred to as Linux systems. It is not wrong to hear GNU or Android systems referred to as Linux, and I've certainly heard both. It's simply less precise.
As for "proving" that software taxonomy is not a real science, though I only recall asserting such without evidence, I mention it because it is true and relevant. It does not directly support my earlier opinion and anecdote-based argument, but that's fine. I can hold my own view of the subject while acknowledging the more accepted and relevant truth. As I recommend anyone else, like Stallman do.

>tfw foreigner
I never got how it's hard to pronounce the G without some crippled "Ga" sound. Even when I try to force a vowel sound between in would be closer to Gyn or G-eh-n and that's already pretty far off the way I pronounce it

Damn, didn't realise Linus was so based.
He should make more Linux videos, I always got the impression he was just a dumb Microsoft shill from his youtube videos.

>newfags falling for copypasta this hard
kek

kek based linus and terry should replace stalledman on the sticky.

I know you're joking but Luke actually is considering switching to Linux and Linus sounds like he's seriously considering downgrading his business to Windows 8.1.

Source?
Linustechtips starting to shill Linux would actually push a bunch of his viewers over.
Year of the Linux desktop 2017 here we come.

Luke goes on rants all the time about Windows 10 on the WAN show, the last episode he talked about how they might do a video about using Unraid to stream a Windows game to a Linux desktop.

>he doesn't know the GNU plus linux pasta

score one for the good guys