Thoughts on IBM?

Thoughts on IBM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTzveEx-rQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

muh Lotus Notes, muh offshoring, not an American company anymore, obsolete, dead weight

Killer micros got them.

does a shit-ton of backend business and will continue to operate for decades after [yet another sv food delivery startup with $10 billion valuation] crumbles into dust, but doesn't make thinkpads anymore, so smug assholes makes posts like about them being like, behind the times, maaan

youtube.com/watch?v=OTzveEx-rQw

I still want to work there though

That place in the picture is now a sushi place. It's directly across from the King Edward hotel (you can see the name in the reflection)

I suffer from it, myself. It's hell having to watch everything I eat. My case is so severe, the doctors thought I may have Crones Disease.

The great IBM oh good god....

why don't they make consumer CPUs ?

what's ur problem?

One of my favorite tech companies.

clearly you've never worked with the mouth-breathers that actually deliver that backend business

Everyone used to think IBM was evil and MS was cool.

Then everyone used to think MS was evil and Google was cool.

Now everyone thinks Google is evil and IBM seems almost cool.

They're cool. I'm just salty about the fact that they sold their consumer lines to chinknovo, but other than that they're alright.

They're busy making enterprise CPU's. Look up POWER CPU's.

>Thoughts on IBM?
Worked in a marketing branch for a long time.
Started out as a good, ethical company. Wound up as a lying, cheating monster, at war with itself.
IBM used the contention model for allocation of resources. This was supposed to foster competition. All it fuelled was little empires that were continually fighting. Much like Microsoft today. It lead to masive waste as projects worth millions were sabotaged by rivals, usually just before release.
Finally they purged the branches of everyone with any experience or company loyalty. This is the IBM you see today.

He died sooner than IBM.

They're no longer competitors though. Actually a few years after that photo was taken they were in the AIM alliance and continued to work together till Apple dropped PowerPC in 2006.

Don't they do a lot of theoretical computer science research and manage a lot of big companies?

I'm pretty sure working there must be the highest achievement a man could do without counting a fed job.

Just because they work together on one project doesn't mean they are not competitors in another area.

It's an international business machine.

If only IBM wrote their own operating system on exclusively used their own processors.

z/OS, AIX