I want to start a pirate radio/numbers station in Boston but there aren't any vacant frequencies open

I want to start a pirate radio/numbers station in Boston but there aren't any vacant frequencies open.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2009/05/fcc-raid/
transition.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-343778A1.html
transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2015/DA-15-1438A1.html
xxxxxx.net/hamradio/res/318.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>vacant frequencies
>pirate radio
Anemic Bait.

Jamming someone else's frequency is more likely to get you shut down quicker user-kun. Pretty sure the fines are stiffer too.

yeah this, I don't want to bother anyone either

fuck off frequencypleb

There's practically a limitless number of frequencies available.He never specified a wavelength.

Use wifi and everyone listening has to act as an access point

What the would be the point of you running a pirate numbers station? You have a network of spies you need to send messages too?

>We found no vacant channels on the FM dial in Boston, Massachusetts.
feelsbadman

radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant?select=city&city=boston&state=&x=0&y=0

All my peers are bored as fuck with life; they try to full the void with partying and drugs but nothing changes. Our underground music scene is dead and every race is sick of left/right politics. I think having a pirate radio station would at least add some culture to the city and maybe people would tune in while they're studying.

Fair, but assuming he wants listeners, it's probably going to be bog standard AM medium wave in the 800+MHz range, or FM in 87.5-108KHz.

Hey OP, there's also shortwave, which is actually easy to get legal on, assuming you don't want to deal with the FCC. Can give you global reach with not much power.

Just make an internet one :^)

>numbers station
>listeners

Run that shit through the internet, man, broadcast though a moving transmitter every day. Hams are everywhere and love an excuse to practice their RDF techniques.

The FCC does not fuck around.

Godspeed, user. Doing that has always been a dream of mine.

Whats yiur handle gonna be?

This. What? Were you thinking people were sit in there cars all day to listen to your station? Nobody carries radios anymore.

>not wanting the aspie audience

pick one with the worst signal strength.
Unless you live right next to 200 radio towers, there should be something available.
How far do you plan to reach anyway?

the local yikyak is on board and I'm planning on spreading fliers around the city/campus

>there's also shortwave, which is actually easy to get legal on
gonna look into this thanks user
>Can give you global reach with not much power.
5 mile radius would be more than enough and if I wanted it to be global I could always stream online

dunno, dubs decide?

Oh yeah, be really fucking careful on or around any military/airport/maritime frequencies. Any shenanigans there could upgrade your penalties from scary slap on the wrist to PMITA prison.

>military/airport/maritime frequencies
You mean like those found at Logan Airport and Boston Harbor?

When's Burial gonna release more toons

How far away do I have to be? I'm at BU currently so right in between Cambridge and Boston

This is beyond the scope of Sup Forums. Interference is a tough thing to predict.You may be transmitting at a given frequency, but there's shit like harmonics that can be a real issue.You wouldn't even know you're doing anything wrong until the FCC arrives to put it's boot up your ass. This is generally why a license is required to do these things.

Sad but true. Radio licensing is only partly a (((federal))) money extraction scheme, it's mostly to ensure that something pretty complicated can be used by the greatest amount of people possible.

That said, what I'd do if I were you is find a radio station somewhere that doesn't broadcast 24x7 and hop on that frequency on their downtime.

Don't do it man. Ham radio fucks are guaranteed to fucking triangulate your position and put you in jail for violating their fucking god given right to the radio spectrum.
Start an internet radio better.

I mean, the worst that can happen is they give me a warning first right?

Nope. Here's the usual sequence of events:

1. You annoy someone, probably a ham or another licensed user.

2. You get reported to the FCC

3. They send out a couple guys from the closest field office to RDF your ass and locate where you're transmitting from. You won't know when this happens.

4. One day you'll get a letter in the mail saying you owe $15,000+

5. If you ignore this, bad things happen.

6. Oh yeah, good luck ever getting a license in the future.

Nope.You'd be at the mercy of whoever runs the show locally.If things have been slow at your local branch of the FCC, they may choose to create some drama.They have the authority to do some pretty ridiculous things.
wired.com/2009/05/fcc-raid/

>underground music scene
617fag here, pirate radio is asking to die would suggest internet, onionland is barren af so anything new gets on a spider within 90 seconds, i have actually measured this and am half writing a paper on the topic.

That's the rationale for a pirate radio station you have yet to explain why you want it to be a numbers station.

It's roughly equal odds whether they first give you a NOUO (you're unlicensed, we know, cut it out or else) or a NAL (you fucked up, you owe us money)

Example of the first:

transition.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-343778A1.html

Example of the second:

transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2015/DA-15-1438A1.html

Explain more!

It would be *REALLY* nice if Trump were to defund these assholes.

Hell, nobody can even GET legal right now because the fuckers won't even take applications for broadcast stations.

From what I've read it seems like they're harder to track? Anyway, I don't know what I'm going to do if these are true.

I'm still reading about it

yeah if you guys have any more info that'd be great. I'd really love to get this off the ground

The only thing that makes a "numbers station" hard to track is that they broadcast at very random times.

explanation is as follows

> make tor hidden service with http server
> link new hidden service on high traffic hidden service that is constantly spidered
> wait 90 seconds max
> ohay a spider is indexing this
there is so much nothing on tor it is scary. the place is tiny but monitored like crazy, good for anyone seeking to make information spread fast.
I have a bunch of rando onions i host and i don't mind having 1 more static content site

>have a bunch of rando onions i host
for what purpose?

2nd guy you tagged

Go to infinity chan 4+Sup Forums
( beware: It is not indexed by Google)

Go to tech and on the index pinned thread, there exists links to other related boards

Go to /ham/ or /hamradio/ ??

There are lots of field manuals from the U.S. Army that contain guides on broadcasting behind enemy lines

There are many other PDFs hosted too , this is just one example

Best of luck lad

>for what purpose?
yes

xxxxxx.net/hamradio/res/318.html

Streloks guide to pirate radio
A /k/ publication ; humorous introduction to radio

http:// xxxxxxx.net/hamradio/res/87.html
Number stations : the history and modern relevency

Replace xxx with 8ch
.net

Thanks for the description

sup burial, did you find your answer to the racemixing problem?

kek I remember that thread

I read a story about guy from CCC that was analyzing Tor for child p0rno stuff (to see how much is out there).
While he was on one of sites he started seeing his facebook pictures amongst the CP
scary stuff desu senpai

what the fuck

that's the stuff of nightmares m8

You should create a station on fm that does nothing but fart noises on loop

I second this

Would a Baofeng Be sufficient for FM broadcasting? how much range would I get on a rural country town, no tall buildings

>We found 12 vacant channels on the FM dial in [redacted]

is this a thing? can I start broadcasting shit from my backyard for keks?

Until the ham nigger ruined it for you

Create an online radio station and shill it to death on Twitter. It's easier and the feds won't get up your ass if you interfere with someone's spectrum.

>inb4 fuck the system
The FCC will jail your ass on the second infraction sometimes (since it's easy as fuck to unintentionally transmit over large spectrum chunks at once, which might also include military bands).

Bostonfag here, we actually debated doing this.
Find some MIT kids, the problem is the FCC will shut you down. Have two or more transmitters and switch them frequently.
Funny side story, I originally went to Wentworth for electromechanical engineering, and part of why I went was they had a radio station. Turns out, engineering school, so the transmitter meant to transmit the two block campus radius got tweaked and transmitted as far as Providence until the FCC shut it down. No radio station for me.

>so the transmitter meant to transmit the two block campus radius got tweaked and transmitted as far as Providence until the FCC shut it down
Those Brown snob cunts probably got triggered and made the call