Is learning java a meme?

is learning java a meme?

Yes

>yes
how?

If jobs are a meme, then I guess.
I don't know, go learn Rust or Go or some random JS framework and then land at some shitty startup that'll pay less than a burger-flipper wage.

No. Java is not just a programming language. It's more like a new way of life.

Java programmers are the jpcks of the tech world, its the most overpaid languague

define meme

bullshit language

not being a good language for a good developer

This desu

After learning Java, my dick grew 3 inches, I won the lottery, married my favorite prostitute, and that rash finally cleared up.

I wouldn't have thought so considering it's one of the most demanding languages for jobs.
Not learning it just handicaps yourself.

Java isn't bad, it's "enterprise" code style that's bad, nothing inherent to the language.
You could do the exact same thing with c++. I've seen it before.

How is Java as an all-round language? Like for hobby programming from game or app development to scientific applications?

I think it's a good intro language because it forces you to do a lot of bullshit and it's used in a lot of places.

I think Python is a better early language though because you can actually start using it right away.

Okay.

If you're a first time programmer I would suggest a scripting language like Python so you can actually start using it for stuff once you learn it. Retards here will tell you to learn C first, but I don't see how learning a language used for drivers and operating systems would help a beginner.

Oh sorry for not detailing, I actually have a lot of experience with python, Ruby and JS. I work with many people in academia who often use python for some quick and dirty things

I can program alright, I'm just looking for a language with more power without going all C

C++ is what you are looking for.

If you know Java, you know C#.

C# is better anyway.

This.

I did the other way around and it sucked because I had to deal with some Java bullshit that didn't exists in C#, but the core principle is pretty much the same.

Learn Lisp.

Is a full-time job with great salary and benefits a meme and tons of other jobs available a meme?

*crickets*

meh its a toss up. Visual Studio is shit so I don't like using C# much.

Java is taking over.
Most mobile apps are written in java, and it isnt prone to being a piece of shit like C is

>Visual Studio is shit
Visual Studio makes me angry

except the java ecosystem is like 100x better than .net garbage