Why can't we get just one landscape keyboard slider?

Why can't we get just one landscape keyboard slider?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/physical-keyboard-mod-for-moto-z#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because normies will find a way to break it.

There's a Moto mod for exactly that on indie gogo right now.

Because the only company that cares about keyboard phones doesn't care about landscape ones.

>not using your mechanical keyboard on your phone

>no one-handed operation
landscape is shit.

neo900

Mah nigga

they were shit

you can type much faster on the touch screen

just include an on-screen keyboard when it isn't slid out.

Fucking disgusting.

I'll take the comfort of a keyboard over the miniscule speed increase of a shitty feedbackless glass slate any day.

Whatever makes you happy, but keep in mind device manufacturers don't care about the comfort feelings of the 0.0000001% target market.

wew great idea you had in that picture

they should make a keyboard case with phone holder

>preorder 5 years ago

That's alright, I've already got a couple BlackBerries

so /comfy/

>Meego is dead
>Nokia is dead, only the brand name survives
>we'll never get a modern phone with the n9 design

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

No need to get so assblasted over your inferior preferences.

>not hooking up an IBM Model M keyboard

Because it isn't what normies want.

Because we arent living in 2008.

Current year isn't an excuse.

This would be nice. No more on screen keyboard taking up screen space.

but that's actually why; if we were then we would

It would be cool if the on screen keyboard retracted in the direction of the slider keyboard so it looks as if it's coming from the screen.

>redditor

indiegogo.com/projects/physical-keyboard-mod-for-moto-z#/

youre all welcome.

actually its got nothing to do with normies or the consumer whatsoever.

The buyers market did not determine the sliding keyboards fate...manufacturing cost did. It had more parts and cost more to make. The consumer never actually got a choice they just disappeared almost overnight.

As a matter of factback towards the end of the slider keyboard era sprint surveyed customers about what they wanted most in a phone and a full keyboard was the overwhelming answer. the industry simply didnt care...it cost more to make them and that was all there was to it.

And the keyboard was gone...not because nobody wanted or wants them...not because they didnt sell...but because a few bucks could be saved by NOT MAKING THEM despite consumer desires.

If there were no more keyboards made the point simply became moot (who is stall a fag)

It's like this shit is illegal. Most people don't seem to realize just how shitty the on screen keyboard is. It takes up 50% of the screen in shitty portrait mode, and 90% of the screen in landscape mode. IT BLOCKS WHAT YOU SEE ON THE WHOLE PAGE WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID WE COME TO JUST ACCEPT THIS?

we didnt come to accept this user...there was never a choice availiable.

see:

I share this feeling. Using on screen keyboard just takes up so much space.

>indiegogo.com/projects/physical-keyboard-mod-for-moto-z#/
>youre all welcome.

explains why there almost aren't any phones with physical keyboard. And for why there are no landscape sliders, I think that the size is simply wrong for most people. I have pretty average hands and the biggest keyboard I can comfortably use with thumbs is around 10cm wide. Considering that N950 is 12cm long with 4" screen, a comfy thumb keyboard would mean a screen smaller than 4".
Also, BB makes godlike portrait keyboards. The profile makes it really easy to hit the button you want, even on 6.5cm wide keyboard in Q10. I do want to switch to Passport for a little bigger everything though.

what is cell?

what's the model? shit, I want this device

Talk to me when Blackberry makes a decent keyboard that doesn’t have a single key bound to just the dollar sign.

Requiring more than one key press to do punctuation is fucking retarded.

*ahem*

>Requiring more than one key press to do punctuation is fucking retarded
That doesn't cost you much when using it with both thumbs though. And you can press space twice to insert ". ".

>both hands
I want to use it one handed on occasion.

In any case, is there really no way to remap these shit keys on the Priv?

Dunno, I'm using BB10 device.

Well if you can’t on BB10, I doubt you can on Android

Actually I think that BB10 is more limited in customization because muh security.

>36% funded
DOA

Don’t have a blackberry but you could possibly change the currency key to a weird one you never use.

Then you use that feature that replaces shit automatically (like “gdi” with “goddamnit”) that probably every android has

Nah

Far too many apps on Android have no landscape rotation and you end up sliding out the keyboard to type on a sideways screen. Tried to make a modded photon Q last, couldn't.

The damage is done already, we aren't going to get qwerty sliders on Android again.

All messaging apps + browser support landscape. What else do you really need?