Thoughts on AMD in general

I think AMD is a pretty good company and like their products, especially now that Ryzen came out.

Complete shit, intel is better

I think AMD is a pretty bad company and dislike their products, especially now that Ryzen came out.

edgy. I like it.

Subpar products that are even less optimal for my use case

Like intel and nvidia it comes off as a company that's burely in it for money

ok

They are ok, they really need to catch up though, rayzen was close but not quite there, perhaps if games are optimized for more cores it would be great (I somewhat doubt it will happen) and on the GPU side their 4xx series was kinda a joke desu.

POO

When you type "desu" and it autocorrects to "Desu" end me.

***Tbh*** what the fuck linda

glad they're back to being competitive and we see that by intel already dropping prices. hopefully it lasts & they get better and better
the ipc increase is amazing compared to their old architecture
and to no surprise their SMT is much more efficient and they handle many threaded instances better

good to see all around, for both sides

you're dumb to think it won't happen

not even 5 years ago gaymes barely ran on 2 cores, now majority are using 4+ threads

That's a good breakdown, thanks.

You're dumb to think that it will happen anytime soon, Intel has the majority market share, also some i5's are outperforming rayzen in gaming 4 cores for gaming is superior at this point in time and untill 8 cores start having gains over 4 cores it will remain that way. Only then will we see multi threaded optimization on any sort of real scale for games, not dissing rayzen but that's the way it is.

UR DUMB

uhh.. key focus in game dev is multi thread optimization and multi threaded zero overhead drivers. That's many times in top priority over anything else

Then why, in gaming do 4 core CPUs consistently outperform a 8 core with 16 threads?

because that's where we're at in current technology?

That's why 4 cores out perform 1 and 2 cores...?

are you retarded?

You're failing to see my point. When the first quad core CPUs were released they offered an advantage over 1 and 2 cores at release that is not the case right not.

Hey user, no need to be rude ya fucking potato peeler

dont be a fucking jagg off you make as all look bad

Are you 12 or really fucking stupid?

Not in gaymen they didn't..

wondering the same thing

Wow, good rebuttal

Unlike you, I'm not replying to the same post crying and samefagging. That wasn't me

it's clear you're an idiot though, have fun dummy

I've had two AMD GPUs. One of them was in a laptop so I didn't expect it to perform amazingly, but it still ran a few games pretty decently. Was limited to HP's specific drivers for it though.

My current R9 380X I'm very happy with.

My next graphics card will be whatever gives me the best performance for the money I'm willing to pay, regardless of brand.

taking the derivative of the insults of the posts and cross checking them with known patients, it is clear that you reside in a mental hospital.
You tell em

waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That's a good mindset to have. I'll probably end up adopting it too.

Why are you so angry tho?

are you really so butthurt you're going to samefag this guy constantly and make a fool out of yourself?
We all see the number of IP's posting in this thread and it never changes when you shitpost guy
just take your life already

K bud

Brand loyalty is a retarded thing.

Glad they're at least in the ballpark with ryzen and it's a somewhat alternative to Intel.

>a phoneposter
why aren't you dead yet?

It appears you are the fool.
ayy lmao

Lol this kid am I right?

A wise man once told me to stop while I'm behind in order to save face. He's dead now, but I will pass on these words to you.

Bulldozer was pretty much garbage, and while Zen isn't quite as good as the newest Kaby Lake cores or whatever, it's close enough that it will steal huge sales from Intel thanks to the latter's kike pricing the last several years.

Likewise, GCN isn't quite as efficient as Maxwell/Pascal, but there is an honest chance that Vega will be competitive as well.

AMD is not a company with consistently great products, but they always seem to claw their way back somehow when they falter.

Also, Lisu Su and Jim Kellers are amazing. Not decided about Raja quite yet.

>talking to myself on my phone and desktop

how autistic are you?

Yeah, it's nice having people who are genuinely knowledgeable and caring about their work.

Do your research and you'll usually come on top with AMD. But don't just buy the newest thing they put out and assume it's going to be great, because they got a profit margin to meet and are just as familiar with milking gullible loyal customers with over-hyped product that doesn't actually hit a good price point.

Not a comment on Ryzen, which I haven't done my research on because I'm not in the market atm, just saying in general.

Jim keller..

And what's your excuse?

budget brand hardware

That's right, before there was even an argument I booted up my PC and found the thread and posted alongside myself, just to feel good about myself, somehow.

That's good advice, thank you.

Hi self! I'm your other self! Get a load of that guy, what a wanker.

Hello other me! This guy really thinks he's "woke" doesn't he?

About as woke as a panda on sleep meds.

OP and other self here, I'm going to bed, but thank you for your opinions, it was great to hear them. Except for that one nutjob.

he's like King Arthur or Mary Poppins, coming and going as True Need arises...

the only thing he can't do is fail

gpu's are overpriced for what they offer and their fanbase is more cancerous than sonyggers, other than that they're fine.

How many AMD threads are made each day on Sup Forums? kek

bad company pls buy intel