Fx price drops?

So now that ryzen has dropped with more budget friendly option coming up any chance the FX lineup will get a price drop?

Such a thing could make for some seriously nice budget/poorfag builds.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-intel-pentium-g4560-budget-cpu-king-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>nice budget/poorfag builds.
the pentium g4560 already exists.
the fx cpus have been irrelevant since their release.
and also, you can also buy used i5/i7 processors that are miles better than any fx cpu.

t. actual fx ex-owner.

THIS THIS THIS.

Buying a FX 8320 was honestly my biggest mistake. I had a I3 3240 and I for SOME reason thought the 8320 would be better. NOOOOPE single biggest mistake. Glad I'm back on team blue with the I7 6700k

FX is garbage, if you want something cheap, wait for the ryzen 3 1100

The only scenario where purchasing an FX processor was good was going from Core 2 or old Phenoms.

They'd need a considerable price drop for it to be worth it.

It would've been better if you overclocked it to the moon. Before Haswell they could make up most of the IPC gap like that.

My non overclock 8320e can play most anything I throw at it at 1080p and multitask like a beast. I'd say with a price drop these would be an amazing value.

intel shills have been nonstop since ryzen dropped i see.

How much do they pay you pajeets anyway?

but it's true, even fx owners know the fx series was trash

>Intel shills have been nonstop
>it's true

Yeah we fucking know already. Go shit up another thread.

im not shilling for intel dumbass im telling you to wait and just get a ryzen 3 1100 instead of wasting money on a shitty fx cpu

>he doesn't want a world of sub 100 dollar or less 8core cpu...
>no user please spend more money than needed.

FX isnt a 8 core you retard, its a quad core, its not a true 8 core like ryzen 7

Ryzen 3 is 150 plus dollars.

In talking BUDGET cpu. Under 100. Ryzen 3 is inexpensive but it's not budget by any means. But with a 30 percent or so price drop many fx cpus would be budget.

And for a cheap ass build that's a hell of a deal. Especially with the massive overclocking of the fx line.

Nigga the Pentium G4560 is the undisputed king of budget CPUs, only 60 bucks and shits on any FX processor

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-intel-pentium-g4560-budget-cpu-king-review

I suggest you don't buy any FX CPUs and wait for the rest of the Ryzen lineup or if you must buy something right now go cheap and get a g4560. Be smart.

Totally not a shill...

We aren't talking about buying one now.

Were talking about retailer price cuts to get them off the shelves.

Shills they gone full insane

BENTIUM
YESSSS!!!11

I don't know what your guys are so butthurt about, I'm still satisfied with my fx6300, figure I'll have at least another year with it

I haven't even really felt any need to OC it until recently. I feel like it was a great value honestly

theyre shills.

so, is that old Sup Forums bug where images posted at the same time sometimes swap still a thing?

As a fx owner you'd have to be really dumb or a third worlder with no other choice to consider a vishera

Wait for r3 you dumbasses, am3+ is so ancient you'll hate how limited your I/O options are

>ITT: gaymer faggots
Are you seriously suggesting a pentium against something like a fx8320? You think that the only thing that matters in PCs is muh gayms? A 60-70$ 8 core vishera build would be the ultimate futureproof office-shitposting machine. This means that you can have something that doesn't choke hard on a few pajeet-coded webpages and some other background applications and services like a crappy pentium would do. I bet they even beat 4c/4t ryzens at multitasking.

>something that doesn't choke hard on a few pajeet-coded webpages
Kek. That's something that actually requires good single thread performance.

Yeah because you only visit one website at time and don't have any background tasks running.

What (nice digits btw) is saying is true.

You can only and only recommend pentium when you want Xbox One (not even that since it can actually mutli task quite good) type of machine that can do ONE and only ONE task at a time.

If you want to play games, than you can only JUST play a game. No alt tabbing for your cheap 2 core intel ass.

If you want to browse internet then you can only JUST browse internet. No watching something from youtube on another tab. That shit will fuck your CPU up.

One task machines are thing of the past user. Just buy a goddamned 6300 or something if you are so poor.

I used to have an fx-8320 in my desktop until my old amd mobo died then I decided to get a 4790k and discovered that the whole Intel is so much better thing is kinda bs. I know it performs better in artificial benchmarks and the 4790k is no slouch but I honestly have not noticed a huge difference even in CPU heavy games like sc2 and MMOs. I feel like the people who complain so much about amd CPUs being shit must be Intel shills who have never actually used an fx processor. Before anyone calls me an AMD shill though I will point out that I like having Intel graphics because it makes GPU passthrough easier.

this, kinda.

I went from a phenom II 945 (4 core) to an fx 8320 and honestly didn't see much improvement in anything (mostly gayming).

though i did recently dump my radeon hd 7850 for a gtx 1060 and... excellent move, imo.

why in the world would you buy a NEW shitty FX processor when you could just pick up some dude's SB/IB i5/i7 with RAM and a motherboard for around $200? If you're a poorfag you should buy decent used parts instead of shitty new ones, same as with a car.

there's no fucking reason to buy a dead socket and garbage cpu

wait for Ryzen R5 or R3 chips if you dont want to buy Intel.

They were already price dropped like 20-35% in the past week.

But they're still not worth it. Just get a g4560 unless you need to reuse your DDR3 RAM and already have a motherboard for FX.

You can get a 4.0/4.2Ghz FX-8350, with Ashes included, for $130. You also likely need a cooler. Or cooler included for I think $160.
I would still only recommend doing so if you already have an AM3+ motherboard and memory, since sure, that's cheaper than a $70 G4560 + $50 motherboard + $60 for 8gb of DDR4.

I would suggest fx 8300 instead of 8350 for am3+ board owners which is around ~$100

I finally can change my phenom.

But.. that's 700mhz lower. That's a lot. That's even worse single core perf than you get from the g4560.

Yeah, but even the shittiest am3 board can clock 8350 to 4.0Ghz to which is 8350 levels.

Not all boards support overclocking.

But yeah, if someone has an AM3+ board that supports overclocking (especially one that can get the 8300 to 4.3 or 4.4), then the 8300 is a good buy.

I game pretty decent with my 8320e and a rx470.

Tera mom
Alien isolation
Hit man
Deus ex MD
RE7
And a few others...

I play em all at max setting 1080p...and still have enough multitasking ability to run plent of shit in the background...discord, chrome, music...whatever.

Anyone suggesting a fucking Pentium as a budget build is a straight up asshole

are you retarded? the pentium g4560 blows any AMD CPU out of the water. Any. And it's $50 bucks dumb fucking pajeet.

A single task computer...how pathetic.

Why would you ever suggest such a thing you sick?

this
don't even need any fans running when stress testing
playing games with only a gpu fan is glorious.

terrible idea. if you want to go full poorfag get second hand sandy bridge. you can get 2600k+z77 mobo+16gib of good ram for like ~$150.

This is a recruitment exam. Anyone who wishes to take part in this may. Have fun.

Meh, I bought an FX 8300 to replace an Phenom II 955. Big mistake, no real difference in speed for anything unless i did video encoding. Games all ran worse (1999-2004 titles), jerky,timing issues. So since I rarely do video encoding and cause the encoding time difference wasn't anything I couldn't work around (Do video encode while asleep or at work) I dropped the phenom back in. The FX will most likely go into my new server build, whenever my trusty old Opteron-170 dies or I hit my storage limit.

wincuck detected

It's all about dem shekels

>7600k beaten by a FX-8150
Wow.
That's sad.

I hear you. I had a Phenom II X3 720 and it was great. Upgraded to a FX 8320. Kept it at 4.2ghz all these years and it's been amazing. Just ordered the Ryzen 7 1700 today though. Figured it was about that time. Only because when I play certain games I notice big dips down into unplayable fps even at 1080p and I want to upgrade to at least 1440p.

No...ya can't.

you can, easily. i did it a year ago, prices will be cheaper now.

Wait till April when Ryzen 5 comes out.
They'll definitely see a drop. Or just grab a Ryzen CPU.
buch if you got free cash you'll have a niche CPU like an FX-6300+

former fx-6350 owner - can confirm

I've seen a ton of AM4 motherboards list this CPU support or something similar.

>CPU
>AM4 Socket:
>AMD Ryzen™ processor
>AMD 7th Generation A-series/ Athlon™ processor

We know what Ryzen is and the A series is the APUs coming out Q2. But an AM4 compatible Athlon? I wonder what that will be. Rejected A series APUs with iGPU and some CPU cores disabled?

Ram prices are not.

That shit isn't possible anymore.

Nobody cares about poorly optimized shit like Fallout 4, and nobody cares about some literally who polish shit benchmarking site. Their results are obviously fucked.

>amd athlon X4-950 (3.5GHz, 4C, L2:2M, 65W,rev.A1,AM4)

taken from the asus support page listing the cpu's supported by asus prime x370 pro

This should easily smoke the Intel Pentium G4560, right? I'm assuming it doesn't have SMT but 4 real cores at 65 W on Zen knock it out of the park if it was priced competitively.

its 4 real cores but its a oem cpu. that means you wont get that part without buying a whole office pc most likely and i think most of the non ryzen am4 cpu's are oem parts that have been released in late 2016

My buddy managed to snag an Athlon X4-880k for $80 new. Paired it with an 8GB kit of ddr3-2400mhz on an A88x chooser board all for under $180. The fm2+ socket wasn't all that bad and the Athlon single core performance is decent enough for the money.

This was all before the i3-6100, and hyperthreading pentium existed for sub $100 of course. Last I heard he has it clocked to 4.6ghz on some cheap $14 artic zero cooler.

As for the FX line as a whole, I still have my FX-9370. Had it clocked to 5.4ghz under custom water back in the day. Encoding was nice. The 20° difference in room temperature from my room to the hallway outside wasn't so nice.

>OEM

RIP. I took a look and it apparently was released last September based upon Excavator. But it does make sense because AMD is only producing the one die with 8 cores and binning all of them. So yup, looks like the R3 would have to be super cheap to compete.

I don't understand this rabid obsession with side mentality. It's not humorous putting up the same images with different variations of BTFO, that already kills any sort of potential discussion. If it's (You)s that you want, there are so many other boards you can shit at. Not that Sup Forums isn't a terrible board, it really is shit.
You anons really need to calm down, that is, unless you really are penny paid shills.

I don't think anyone would really shill on Sup Forums. Most of it is just trolling.

Memes and shitposting aside is there consensus on R7?
It seems like it's a great buy for those that were considering something more than 4cores like the 6800k or the 6900k since it looks like Ryzen matches them quite well.
Memory seems to be a problem, but it looks like it's slowly being fleshed out. It's a shame that it's limited to dual channel, I'll have to look at comparisons to see if it's negligible or not. Newfags and shitposters can't seem to remember previous releases from both sides.
Gaymen performance is lacking, but it's weird since it can hold out its own with the 6900k in some tasks, but falls down in games. Minimum frames are pretty solid with no huge spikes bloating the averages.
It looks like that the CCXs can't communicate properly on some tasks, I don't know if this is a problem with the design or with the schedulers on the operating systems.
Motherboards and Ryzen don't like GPU passthrough since the GPUs are tied on the IOMMU groups.

I'm on a Lincuck distribution with a 3570k, I'd love to grab a R7. 1700 looks like the one to buy, but I think I'll grab the 1800x.

Anything other than gaming and single threaded application that doesn't use custom Intel SIMD extensions, it knocks it out of the park.

Otherwise, it's a tradeoff. For people who game a lot or for specific people who need the higher IPC per core, Intel is a stronger proposition.

For me personally, I think jumping in on Zen for a first generation product that has this many issues might be a mistake. But Zen is like an Athlon I. Zen 2 will be like Athon II (Thunderbird).

I can personally wait for a personal build, but I might do a Ryzen build with the 1700 for a work compile machine.

The new AM4 CPUs that are OEM only are actually a significant step up. It's odd they weren't selling them to consumers.

An A12-9800 + cheap A320 or B350 motherboard is all anyone needs for 60fps 1080 medium settings in most games.

Supposedly they are supposed to start selling them to consumers H1 2017... But still no word.

Is there any word yet on which GPU class will power Raven Ridge (Vega/Polaris)?

Pretty sure it will be Polaris. Vega will release too late to start integrating them into Raven Ridge.

poolaris 11.

There is no way it's Vega. Polaris for sure.
Those chips will be very cute, I might gift a few small computers with them.

Go fucking kill yourself. Learn what fucking budget means.

Even for gaming it's good. It loses to the 7700k in many games for average FPS, but the 7700k is NOT the best in every single game.

I was pretty certain Vega was already confirmed.. People are saying Polaris, but I'm fairly certain it's not or they'd be making them already.
These things are going to be in the Macbooks and Surface tablets and virtually everything. AMD might already have the contracts for them. They're not going to skimp out. Vega is 4x perf/watt over Polaris and a really big deal to bring in this generation.
It says Raven Ridge for H2 2017 is "vega" on the roadmap slides from last year.

No Ryzen 3 will be over $150. They'll be non-SMT parts.

Raven Ridge has revealed to have 11 "Vega" CU in the "leaked" roadmap slide which is in line with what CanardPC reported a while back. Vega/Polaris are marketing names though, main new part of Vega is Graphics IP 9.0, APUs won't have HBM2.

Yes, they almost surely won't have HBM.
But they should have "rapid packed math", tiled rasterizing, the new primitive shader that runs parallel to the others to figure out whether it is even in view or not, and so on.

>It says Raven Ridge for H2 2017 is "vega" on the roadmap slides from last year.
Yeah they said next gen gfx last year, which should be the new gfxv9

I mean it would make no sense for them to not at least incorporate the tiled rasterization and other improvements that improve perf/watt and reduce memory bandwidth constraints.

Plus DDR4 is going to be a massive deal with APUs.
Intel iGPU were starting to catch up once they moved to DDR4. It won't be remotely close again.

if you want a fx chip ill give you my fx 6300 it sucks

how is that possible that it is worse when at the very least its 100 mhz faster? Is the ipc somehow worse on a newer chip?
I too have had a 955 for years.