/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Old thread here:

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=163562
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa379942(v=vs.85).aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router_(computing)
ebay.com/itm/371757288300?rmvSB=true&afepn=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true
youtube.com/watch?v=5ftwY6s4WQ8
pastebin.com/RPEMaqW3
slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBar&q=desktop&pp=20&sort=relevance&rating=2&previousdays=30&filter[]=3&forumid[]=all&forumid[]=30&forumid[]=9&r=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do i install amdgpu pro driver for GCN 1.0 amd gpu. or better question is there even one exists?

newest newpipe where? I don't understand that github thing where I have to compile it or something

I used uptodown as the download site and it works but does my phone now have aids?

How can I automatically sage every post I make?

Why the fuck does Ctrl + Home only return to the top of a webpage and not the true home (0, 0)?

What the fuck is wrong with whoever recommends the mobos and cases on Logical Increments? The rest of the suggestions are pretty good, but the mobos and cases are overwhelmingly awful.

I wonder that as well, but I've seen some benchmarks a few months ago and it didn't look good.

F-Droid ya dingus

Because some fucking retard thought it should.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=163562

it does not have the newest version, I tried it first

or I checked on the webpage, it sure does have the newest version, I fucked something up on my phone then because the app didn't find the newest version

Have you updated the repository?

Anyone have a few books on character development or story telling. I saw it posted before but i'm stupid and didn't act upon it.

I just did and it fixed the issue, thanks

What board was it posted on? Sup Forums?
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/ Try the archive.

i'm writing something for a game boy emulator (in C), and i need a way of generating random numbers.
rand() would suit my needs, but it needs a seed. i can't use the classic srand(time(NULL)), because it always returns the same thing.

what can i do?
pls hlep

I'm pretty sure sage doesn't work anymore.
But I could be wrong.

You're wrong

You can't anymore.

How do I fix the economy?

Destroy all banks

The federal government needs to disband anything not related to protecting citizens, states step up to the plate, and the federal reserve is destroyed and the debt is declared gone.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

I know this is a gaymen question, but still:

If a current game says that minimum-recommended requirements include Intel HD 5000 graphics, but the game is just some 2D shit that chink smartphones should be able to run perfectly, what are the chances it's going to run on HD 3000 graphics? Is there such a substantial difference?

War.
But it needs to be war vs someone with actual resources, not sandniggers.

Something the matter?

Having an issue with MKVToolNIx when removing an audio stream from a mkv file.
The output file is 80 hours long and I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

log output:
2017-03-19 15:10:38 ---
Error in the Matroska file structure at position 42481010. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
The last timecode processed before the error was encountered was 00:01:31.049000000.
Resyncing successful at position 42745171.
The first cluster timecode after the resync is 80:10:36.473000000.
Error in the Matroska file structure at position 44329439. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
The last timecode processed before the error was encountered was 80:12:15.553666662.
Resyncing successful at position 44641717.
The first cluster timecode after the resync is 04:33:55.052000000.
Error in the Matroska file structure at position 58900118. Resyncing to the next level 1 element.
The last timecode processed before the error was encountered was 04:53:22.200666662.
Resyncing successful at position 59408440.
The first cluster timecode after the resync is 00:02:27.147000000.

If you can't read a certain filesystem, Is it absolutely impossible get any file within it?

Upgrading my toaster.
Is this worth a shot?

for linux/bsd you can use /dev/random as seed.
for win32 you can use msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa379942(v=vs.85).aspx

I seem to be going through micro USB cables a lot. They all seem like unreliable pieces of shit. How would I go about getting a sturdy cable? Which ones last and how can I tell?

There's a huge difference. Hard to say if the game is exaggerating

Buy OEM cables and stop buying the cheapest option on ebay or whatever you find at the checkout line at walmart

Some ching chong cunt from Vietnam got into my outlook account.

It was a throwaway and I got it back but what should I do now? They had access to it for about two hours, is my neopets account compromised now? Should I change passwords to all accounts tied to that email?

What's the difference between a modem and a router? I've always thought of them as the same thing

Do something like pic related, it really makes a difference.

It's not really broken, it's just shit for the average person, especially rural areas. We're making more money than ever, but a higher percentage of that stays at the top. This has been the dominant change over the last 30 years. There's lots of ways to improve quality of life and maximize individual potential, but we're basically doing the opposite of them.

Do razens have iGPU?
I need a powerful CPU but don't give a shit about GPU as long as it provides me with 2160p60 output.

Ryzen doesn't have an iGPU at all.

well shit

Because ISPs tend to give out gateways, which are a combination of the two. A modem connects to the ISP, and a router creates a local network and allows you to connect more than one device together.

Anker does good shit.

I'd fuck her.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router_(computing)
also

You can set up default options for posting in 4chanx.

Looking for a new tv.Needs to be 50inch+.Budget $1,000-1,500.Suggestions?

How do I compare two resultSet strings?

Pretty much anything with HDR

so basically

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're commonly referring to as a modem, is in fact, router/modem, or as I've recently taken to calling it, router plus modem.

Lol, where the hell would I get those little springs?

69:
70:
71:
75:

Trying to compare the two resultSets, but having a bit of issue. I'm new to this so tips rather than answers would be nice.

From a pen

$1325

ebay.com/itm/371757288300?rmvSB=true&afepn=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true

take apart a ballpoint pen

or just buy those springs online

Link me to that file, I will try it.

Your meme-fu is weak.

Here's a tip: provide more context to your question.
You have some unknown html/language mixup that no one knows what it is, two unknown variables of unknown type calling unknown methods.
No one can help you based on this.

Oh, sorry.

These are the string SQL statements.
String Scommand= "SELECT MODULE_ID, MODULE_NAME FROM MODULE";
String Scommand2= "SELECT QUIZ_ID, QUIZ_NAME, MODULE_ID FROM QUIZ";

ResultSet rs = null;
ResultSet rs2 = null;

So if I wanted a cheap computer, watch twitch stream, play 1080 youtube.
I have the peripherals, but I don't have the money or the actual computer.
What would you recommend?

Can you hook up a 2.5" mechanical harddrive to a phone charger, or even a 3.5" one?

The noise is soothing. So it just has to be turned on, spinning.

no idea what language that is, but fill the first dropdown, add a postback event or whatever you have available on change which filters the second query and fills the second dropdown.

You can build a facebook machine for ~$200

Okay well how about ~$50 or lower

get a used shit cheap phone and a chromecast.

Buy some old ass core 2 duo laptop for 70 bucks.

intel compute stick or the best current equivalent

Core2duo on ebay or craigslist, run lubuntu. Buy SSD someday.

Alright, I'll look into these.
Thanks.

is zsnes still the go to emulator?

Is there a website where I can upload short clips and share links to them without them being compressed to shit like if I use vocaroo? I'm working on some radio restorations and want to ask people what sounds better but I don't want them being distracted by more compression.

It's copyrighted so YouTube won't work either

Thank you, eta 20min.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ftwY6s4WQ8

kangaroo PC is really good value

it handles 4k youtube fine

same CPU as in intel compute stick except clocked a lot faster so this kangaroo PC is cheaper and better than the compute stick

I got some setup where I run macOS on 2 systems and I can connect both without trouble through VNC, just drag and drop files between them, etc.

I know this is pretty ignorant but, how easy can it be to do the exact same thing on Windows and the average linux distro, if installed on both systems?

Unfortunately the source file is fucked, it freezes at 00:01:30. Tried fixing it with this command but the result is the same, 80 hours output.
mkvmerge -o Outputfile.mkv --compression -1:none Inputfile.mkv --compression -1:none
Source: pastebin.com/RPEMaqW3

I want a new laptop, are there any helpful sites or guides you can point me to? I guess its for games.
>inb4 buy a desktop
I plan to but I dont have the desk space for it yet.

For reference, money is no problem for whatever you link.

What language is this?
What do you mean by "bit of an issue"?
What's in the code block?

Is it possible to use a radon card for gaming on one monitor and then a quadro for cad on another monitor? As far as i can tell no matter which monitor i have inventor on it always uses the radeon that drives the primary monitor

>No desk space
That might literally be the dumbest reason I've ever heard

downloading. gonna try it in 20 minutes.

If i dont have a desk & the only way i can use my laptop is on my lap, what do you recommend?

Stick your desktop under your bed, and use TV on wall

installed php on xubuntu, now trying to turn 'display_error' = on but can't find where the fuck is index.php, all I've found was index.html. Root folder is apparently /var/www/php/7.1/apache2, but there is only a php.ini in there. where could index.php be?

I want to learn a lot about FPGA. The problem is that my 6 cs classes are on Xilinx and i am too poor for any Xilinx fpga.
Will altera work?
It is a lot of hassle to make verliog from xilinix to altera?
Also there is any money / job / future from fpga?
t junior web dev, but i always liked micro

I have this shitty laptop, the screen broke, had it in my closet.
I tried plugging in an hdmi to my tv, turned it on, but nothing displayed. Not like a black screen, but as if nothing was plugged in at all. It's on and the fan starts, but I don't notice the drive running if that matters. I tried changing the hdd and the ram and using the vga port, all those combinations, but same thing.
I remember it working this way before, so I'm guessing something with the motherboard. But I was wondering if there's something else anyone might have in mind?

This is why im in stupid questions, bless you.

Any prebuilt desktops/desktop advice sites that you can recommend?

Tell me about installing linux on xbox360.
Google says it's retarded and not worth it, but that's a silly reason to not do something.

Would a cheap PSU stop my PC from reaching full usage in CPU or GPU?
Original Xbox and PS2 are better for that, but I don't see why not.

slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?src=SearchBar&q=desktop&pp=20&sort=relevance&rating=2&previousdays=30&filter[]=3&forumid[]=all&forumid[]=30&forumid[]=9&r=1

Logicalincrements is good for comparing with what you'd get if you built yourself. ibuypower sells cheap rigs. If you're looking to game at 1080/60fps you probably want an Rx 480 or a 6gb 1060.

Are there any alternatives to functional and object-oriented programming? Is there a third option?

>but I don't see why not.
The issue I'm running into is it's all telling me it's not worth it, but having trouble finding actual guides to do so.
There's the free60 thing, but looking into that says it's outdated and doesn't work on updated systems.

In PHP, how would you get the keys from an array and put it in another?
Specifically String keys.

I don't understand a fucking thing about rooting or flashing ROMs. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition GT-i9505G. I'm looking to get a ROM that looks and feels like Nougat since I'm stuck on Android 5.1.

I've been reading about unlocking the bootloader, rooting, and flashing but I feel like I'm over my head. Should I just give up for the sake of not fucking this up or is there somewhere I can read about what the fuck I need to do so I can learn all of this correctly?

I feel like an imbecile.

Yea I can't get it to work either. Sorry
Just download BluRay ISO from rutracker. This is why I hate encodes

Thanks for trying. Also tried a program called meteorite that's supposed to fix it but it made it worse.
Found another file in 1080p, just need to merge in the original dts stream.

Imperative programming. Which is basically just listing a bunch of tasks without thinking about the data in any particular interconnected way. Try that shit out in a library larger than a gnats tit and you end up with DirectX.

Stop being beta loser letting themselves bullied by antisocial idiots and just use OOP already. All it is is grouping different sets of data together and grouping those sets of data with methods. It had nothing to do with garbage collection, centralized error handling, or data caching in the form of factories (which are all good things, but have nothing to do with OOP).

What kind of a psu do i need? (Wattage)

Msi gtx 1070 8gb gpu
Noctuna nh d14 cpu cooler
I7 6700k OC'd to 4,5-4,6 ghz
Nzxt phantom 410 case
Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming K4 mobo
1 ssd (240gb)
1 3tb winchester (7200 rpm)
1 250 gb winchester (5400 rpm)
2x8 gb 3000 mhz ddr4 ramm

As of yesterday, my GPU is screen glitching (tearing?) and freezing my computer when I try to play games. Temps are fine, updated drivers, still happens. Is it simply dying?

is there a way to show Xubuntu in neofetch instead of ubuntu?

yes, install xubuntu

Something like this?
That's a sign of too high overclocking/temperature, or dying VRAM