The patrician's choice in OS and DE is gnome3 with freeBSD

the patrician's choice in OS and DE is gnome3 with freeBSD.

>the cuck's choice
ftfy

>gnome 3.0.2
>BETA2 FreeBSD
>rainbow-runner
>nl
outdated cuck faggot kanker

>6 years ago
>outdated

>GNOME 3
nah
>FreeBSD
I use it on my server. The days of having a fully featured UNIX workstation are gone. Which is a shame too because Clang/LLVM is pretty nice, especially with anti-GPL Applebux funding it.

>nah

If I wanted an Aqua like experience on UNIX, I'd use Aqua on UNIX, also known as macOS.

UNIX and darwin are as different as linux and windows

How the hell are they different? Darwin is UNIX.

Post wallpaper please.

Your picture literally refutes your own argument. Dotted lines show UNIX-like systems while solid lines show actual UNIX code in work. Also, if you actually read the article you grabbed that chart from, you'd realize Darwin is UNIX.
>Darwin is an open-source Unix operating system released by Apple Inc. in 2000.

Best(only) commercial consumer UNIX in the market today.

I know that's a magazine scan but it always ticks me off because the right page is darker than the left page.

>austism

Welcome to Sup Forums, please leave.

I wish I had the original too.

lel i never knew openbsd was born from netbsd

can someone give me a basic gestalt on BSD? is it basically just for gnu/linux users who think its become too mainstream and have to find something more obscure? or are there legitimate reasons to switch?

so i see you're running gahnohme

xdDDDDDDDdd :DDDDDD

bsd is attractive for embedded shit because of it's permissive license (BSD allows you to close it up and don't give a shit).

It also used to have a better networking stack then Linux, but I don't know whether this stands true nowadays.
I remember reading that as of today the difference is not that big anymore.

OpenBSD is attractive to purism autists and FBI backdoor enthusiasts.

but yeah, people switch when they get bored/they feel their e-penis isn't big enough

reminder that freebsd is on the CIA's list

How does this even work? I thought GNOME 3 had a dependency on systemd.

BSD is older than Linux and was only second to Solaris for servers, it always makes me laugh when people say stuff like that given that BSD is older and was way more mainstream, it still is popular for commercial products, the idea that someone would jump from Linux to BSD with the assumption that BSD is less mainstream is hilarious.

There's actual reasons to switch but they are becoming fewer and fewer as people reimplement/clone them for other systems.