/pcbg/ - PC Build General - 2000 Qubits edition

Post your component list, rate other anons', and ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

Assemble your parts list; built-in price comparisons by vendor and a compatibility filter.

pcpartpicker.com

Gaming builds based monitor resolution and refresh rate

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/

>To activate the Description, select build from sidebar then click on the title over the parts list
>Description contains notes, other options, and build skeleton for easy customization / cost savings
>Note: Win7 and 8.1 cannot be installed on a 200 series chipset

Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.

logicalincrements.com/

>Subsitute a G4560 with 2400MHz RAM for any Pentium or i3; similar performance, up to 50% cost reduction.
>Consider using an i5 7500 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build without a Z mobo
>Consider a B250 or mobo for any Pentium or i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Very Good" tier build
>The only worthwhile gfx cards are the GTX1050, RX470, RX480, GTX1060 6GB for 1080p
>wait for Ryzen R5s

General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.

pastebin.com/F9diF2hA (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

>Outdated chipset information

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4nVQxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/N2CnKZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/W4zwKZ
pcpartpicker.com/product/c298TW/asus-monitor-mg279q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

upgrading my Q6600 system on a budget, does this look ok?

Asking again from last thread.

>So the RAM I got isn't listed under my mobo manufacturer's supported RAM. Am I fucked?

Sony says my Vaio supports up to 8GB of RAM, I'm running 12 because fuck the police.

What mobo and what ram

Anyone have a list of pc cases that will fit an H212 EVO cooler in them? This is starting to become a pain in the ass. I thought the H212 EVO was popular, but barely any midtower cases fit it, and even then they come so close to rubbing the end of the case. Then you get mixed information from forums and shit, some saying they fit, others saying they don't fit, or sometimes barely if you're ok with the ends touching, and all of these guys have the same case and cooler, are you shitting me. There's gotta be a better way to do this than buying both the case and the cooler and finding out yourself. It's ridiculous.

These companies can't just put the supported cooler measurements on their store pages? They're the ones with all the information. The overall case dimensions don't help with anything, they just tell us whether the case can fit on our desk. No one gives a shit about that, we need to know whether or not our components fit in there.

R8 h8
pcpartpicker.com/list/4nVQxY

no more ram and dont use the evo

Again, go Cryorig C7. Its better.

G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB RAM and the Asus Prime B350 mobo.

absolutely shit. save up more money.

any case will fit that shit

>shit cooler
>B250 chipset with unlocked CPU
full retard/10

I absolutely cannot lower the price on one or the other. Those parts are seemingly the best parts and compromises I could make.
Price difference is 130€ for non-noticeable immediate gains. I might only notice the impact of the K in the future since it'll age better than the non-K. With that said, if Intel's stock cooler is really that bad I'd have to buy a new one for the 7700 anyway which makes the overall price difference to only be around 100€ give or take.

tl;dr is K worth it for 100€ more.

I have to order today I cannot wait any longer (current PC dying, need PC to work).

3rd option would be going for purple but picking up a Pentium G4560 instead of the i7-7700K (and thus saving 300€). The idea would be to then pick up a Coffee Lake down the road rather than having to pick among current i7s, the problem is we still have no idea whether Z270 boards will be compatible or not with Coffee Lake and considering it's Intel we're talking about it might not. Besides Coffee Lake are just Kaby Lake all over again so it doesn't matter I think.

Please give me your insight.

>g4560 or 7700k
just stop beathing please

Hmm how bout now?
pcpartpicker.com/list/N2CnKZ

alright, see you next month

The liquid cooler is your choice but an air cooler is just as fine. Liquid is only worth it if you are willing to spend the extra money. I would personally suggest going ATX while you're at it but if you like mATX better then you should be fine.

The Fractal Design Define R5 will fit that Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO cooler, and it is arguably the best ATX mid tower case on the market.

Or, you could see if the Cryorig H7 will fit your case. This cooler is about a half-inch shorter than the H212 EVO. Or, as another user told you, you could go with the flat Cryorig C7. Or you could go with liquid cooling. Try one of the Krakens or the Corsair H100i. I recommend putting the radiator on the top of the inside of your case, pushing air out, with two fans on the inside front of your case pulling cool air in.

>$200 mobo
if you cant mention a specific feature u need then it's no different than a $110 mobo, just make sure it's z270 chipset
and just get a bigger SSD and you dont need a fucking HDD

and your case is full meme-tier.

>beathing
How about you illiterate nigger
Depends on if you want overclocking. I would think you wouldnt

>accidentally missing a letter make you illiterate
you forgot to end your sentence with a period you illiterate nigger so just throw your PC out the window.

I indeed won't OC, but the base clock is pretty good. I don't want to have regrets I suppose.

And ignore Jamal, he's lurking these threads 24/7 only to shit on people, shitpost and being worthless overall. Just shows how much he hates himself.

Different user here but I have an air 540 for my case and I love it. Super clean and easy to build in, gets great temps. Also easy to dust proof

noob trying to build his first pc
for a case segotep s2 + 500W power supply

go back to your shitty chink thread, useless janny.

>8 GB RAM

just like any decent case for the same price except that shit is huge compared to a regular matx case.

change to g4560 and a KIT of 2 ram sticks, and a rx470.

G4560!

>and a 500W psu
what PSU exactly?

RX is a bit too expensive for me
puts me over my buget

>what PSU exactly?
I don't really know says it comes with the case

pcpartpicker.com/list/W4zwKZ
You had shit psu, shit ram, shit storage

RX470 4GB should be around $150 just like the 1050ti but it's better.

avoid at all costs, it will be a housefire and utter shit and likely to fry your whole PC if something goes wrong.

I suppose you are right
I guess I gotta research cheap reliable power supplies

just filter cheapest gold rated first and avoid rosewill. fsp, evga, seasonic, xfx are good

jesus fuck man just now upgrading q6600?

i went with e8400 instead of the q6600 back then... and that thing did not last nearly as long.

I'm so jealous

i upgraded from c2q last summer and honestly that was at least 3 years too late. literally every modern big game title got strangled by that piece of shit.

Thanks user

talk me out of it
i don't even know why i want to build a new computer

What's wrong with rosewill? I think I have one sitting in my tower right now so it could be cause for alarm

R7 isnt meant primarily for games.

power supplies are one of the few things where manufacturer matters a lot

my first PSU was bargain basement bullshit. started clanking and shit, then just outright failed.

RMA'd that shit

cheap chink shit with lower QA that, they just build the units so they pass the 80+ rating, but arent really using quality components like all the other brands.

check JonnyGURU.com for good PSU reviews.

yeah i'm not primarily going to game

girlfriend wants a workstation for messing with her pictures and i want to play with emulation and shit

gaming is secondary. i wouldn't buy a video card if r7 had integrated and dont wanna wait for APUs

Go back to you attention seeking neckbeard

don't get the b350 motherboard. Wait for the manufacturers to start unfucking themselves and get the sweet x370 motherboards

Pls respond

Well... to be honest, it still does everything fine. I just never got to upgrading the system, be it lack of money, time or I just didn't feel like it (busy times the last months in job and family).

I just want to get my system a little more up to date, a 65W quad core sounds nice, and it's way faster. I want to stay with Win7 for now so that's why the newer Intel CPUs and Ryzen are out of the game.

Let's see what the next week will show, if there's a workaround for the Windows Update problem.

Or I will just ditch these plans and throw in a big SSD instead.

it would be good for that but the CPU cooler is overkill unless you want to OC

seems like i hit a nerve. u mad fagboi?

except it doesnt game new titles even remotely close to "fine" unless you set a shitty resolution like 720p or lower and every setting to LOW.

what's wrong with b350?
I don't need all that extra x370 shit
yes i will OC, also looking at h100i

built my first computer yesterday but the CPU power connector was too short to go around the back of the board. I had to run it straight up. I know I need a extender cable, but will any 8 pin to 8 pin extender work?

>except it doesnt game new titles even remotely close to "fine" unless you set a shitty resolution like 720p or lower and every setting to LOW.
Cities Skylines might be the most demanding right now, and TF2 from time to time. But the performance in [spoiler]Firefox[/spoiler] with >10 open tabs, especially Youtube, is what most annoys me.

>m.2 for only 250GB
>only 250GB in total storage
>32 memeabytes
Just dont do it.
Fagboi, is that the best you have poojeet? Lurk a little more, underage.

i'd go with air cooler so i dont have to worry about leaks (no matter how small the chance is, and even if they cover the cost if it ruins somehting) and pump noise.

those are neither new nor demanding titles

>those are neither new nor demanding titles
I know. Those are the kind of games I play, the Q6600 does that "fine" but ya know..

>lurk more
>underage
>poojeet
spotted the intel fagboi autist. go back to

who would have tought a decent PSU would cost as much as a CPU

still using my old 970
waiting for vega

Has anyone else had problems with incompatible RAM with Ryzen? Thinking of getting it for my new build.

i got a NAS for the rest of the storage. never actually used more than 250 gb unless i installed lol tons of games

even then I'll just copy the game I want to the SSD when I want to play it, leave the rest on the network share

have you checked cooler/ram spacing is compatible?
titanium psu is overkill.

yes lots of people seem to have. plenty of results on google.

Coolermaster's MasterCase 5/ MasterBox 5 will fit it as well. The MasterBox 5 is about $59

Like the RAM just straight up not working or just running at a lower frequency/not being able to overclock it?

>assuming my gender
Meme
>second time he says fagboi
Its faggot. Too bad mommy uses web blocks

Probably should just get the Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 memory. 2 sticks at ~$70 for 3000Mhz is an amazing deal.

>implying girls on the internet
get out newfag

Any recommendations on a 1440p 60+ Hz monitor? Not doing any colour-critical work.

looks like it will fit. small risk. I'm willing to take the chance

psu maybe overkill but why not.

i mean idk why g. skill ram wouldn't be supported by ryzens new mobo's seeing as its the biggest ram manufacturer there is, but this is amateurs opinion so don't quote me on this

honestly if you spending that much money you should get a better and more silent cooler

>why not cheaper psu
save €100

Wat
Are EVGA GPUs fine now? Did they fix the overheating/vram issues?
Also i7 7700k or i5 7600k for gaming?

Pg278Q

but what if I plan on going with a crossfire build
and is a noctua for 90€ really so much better. kind of hate the brown and beige fans

the 80+ rating (bronze/gold/titanium) has nothing to do with how much power the unit can deliver to the graphics cards.

there's more options than noctua (and they have black fans now). at least check out the cryorig H5 as an alternative to the Macho cooler, it should be about the same price range

so why is the 1050ti not a "worthwhile" card, especially for those outside the US where it might be significantly less than the rx 470? plus i've heard that the g4560 bottlenecks amd cards more than nvidia cards in demanding games

also should i get an aftermarket cooler for a cpu that isn't unlocked. i don't want a loud stock cooler or for my fans to collect dust

If you want evga gpus, get the icx line. They didnt fix any thing else, just created a new product line. Its a lot more expensive though

1050 ti is worthwhile, dont listen to amdicklets.

>also should i get an aftermarket cooler for a cpu that isn't unlocked. i don't want a loud stock cooler or for my fans to collect dust
no

>the 80+ rating (bronze/gold/titanium) has nothing to do with how much power the unit can deliver to the graphics cards.
I already know that.
but is the macho a bad cooler? I probably buy an rgb fan for it anyway so. more interested in quality of the cooler itself than the fan.

>Pg278Q
>meme for 3ms faster response time

You'd spend easily $750 on the ASUS PG278Q, and it isn't even an IPS monitor. You could have the ASUS MG279Q for $200 less. The MG279Q has all the specs of the PG278Q only with 4ms response time instead of 1ms. Most importantly, the MG279Q is an IPS monitor and one of the most gorgeous pictures on the market.

pcpartpicker.com/product/c298TW/asus-monitor-mg279q

Countries outside of the US are irrelevant
It's basically $140 for the 1050ti here and $160 for the 470, which wrecks it soundly

can you elaborate on why i shouldn't get a stock cooler. i also don't want high temps after prolonged use

>implying that im implying
Another meme
>get out newfag
Ironic isn't it

>most importantly, this monitor uses IPS, which means it's better
Disregarding the fact that the PG278q and PG279q have the exact same color accuracy when professionally tested (with the IPS losing in contrast ratio and FAILING miserably in contrast with uniformity), I thought color accuracy didn't matter to you?
And you wanted OVER 60fps

>countries outside of the US are irrelevant

that's fucking retarded

Is 500 eaven feasible for a light GAYMAN pc? I just wanna run MMOs at 60 frames and do a little gamedev on the side

That's not a choice you can make for him though, that's his GPU locking him in

Look at your own statement
>i dont want high temps after prolonged use
Stock fans will do exactly that. They are adequate and mediocre, nothing more. They are very loud and offer poor cooling.

>thinks he's not a newfag
hah, you're reeking newfaggotry

well i was looking for answer but he said no without any explanation. i might've been wrong about that but i wasn't sure

Honestly both of you just stop. Nobody cares about your bait. Go to Sup Forums if you want to go trigger people

I spent $500 flat on my PG278Q, including shipping
Gsync kicks ass, ULMB kicks even more ass
10-bit color my hummie
Muh response time, no smoothie-image for me

Just bought this. I'm going to be front mounting my GPU and covering up the coolermaster logo with vinyl wrap. I already have a working PC, just changing out the case.

>most importantly it's an IPS monitor
I can't even tell the difference between an antifire potion and a defense potion on my IPS what are you talking about
I have a 278Q actually and it looks "soft" it's so nice

how do you check the the g4560 stock heatsink size

why are you in this thread?

because its a non-k processor.

it wont get hot and a stock cooler will do the job just fine.

go to intel's website or google, you tard.

should I get a 2TB WD black or a 1 TB blue? Will do occasional gaymen and video converting. also general storage

cheapest price/gb u can find

This
Want a metal?