AMD COMB CURSOR

why hasnt this been fixed yet?

this bug is older than time itself

I haven't yet seen it on my r9 390, but I used to get it all the time on my older AMD cards.

It's a feature, you pleb.

I guess we know what they say about AMD.

I've never seen that and I've been using AMD cards since the early 00s.

It happens pretty often when you play certain games windowed and cross the edges of the window enough times.

I get this whenever I play stronghold, on a 480. Pretty fucking annoying. You can put the pc to sleep and it'll be fine again.

I get this on my 270x on a rare occasion. I always wondered what it was about.

Can confirm it is stone old, I have it on my 4870, and people report it on their 480s. Well done AMD!

I see. I'll experiment the next time I'm playing something.

It used to happen on my HD5750 too.
I had to reboot the pc to fix it. Once it happened again right after I rebooted the pc to fix it. I was angry.

i used to get that all the time on my 5770. to get rid of it, turn on cursor trail and put it at the lowest setting. you won't see the trail at all and the comb bullshit will stop.

I have something similar to this on my 680. Except it's more like a randomly colored pixelated square that can sometimes appear when moving my cursor across window borders.

Don't worry, this will be fixed in future. I have been waiting over 10 years for now and I truly think AMD will fix it eventually.

One of the many reasons I don't buy amd graphics anymore. There are some bugs they will never fix.

Never got the comb, got a rectangle instead.
I get that once a year or so, nothing a quick reboot won't fix, god bless SSDs.

When we were kids we didn't have no fucking cursors, combed or otherwise. And we liked it that way.
Kids these days...

>amada this cute
Id snuggle her

I got this recently but I got it again yesterday if you move your cursor into the top right (or left) it should fix it.

RX480 NITRO + here, getting this when switching between two monitors too often

used to have this shit on ky 5770 , god it was so fucking annoying

Never had it on my 7850.
Had it on my 480 in chrome, randomly.

Latest driver update solved it. Haven't seen it since.

Don't worry, it'll be back soon enough.

>having AyyMDick in the first place
Heres your fix
>get rid of housefire parts
>buy used 5th generation intel cpu
>buy green team gpu
>????
>profit

Works on my machine.

I get this fucking shit all the time on my RX 480. Setting the cursor to have trails in control panel fixes it but then you have to look at that ugly LSD bullshit. Fuck you AMD

Use to get that on my 6970 and my 6850. I thought it was only me.

She'll literally burn you up

It's fixed for Polaris in the ReLive driver series, but for some reason every time they launch a new product series or massive driver revamp, it springs up again for a little bit.

It was fine in Crimson last Fall, then re-broken with ReLive, but should be fine from now on for all Polaris and earlier cards.

I'm positive it will reappear with Vega though.

On my machine the cursor turns into a black box for a split second

set the registry key to -1
still software rendered but no trails

I have a 6950 modded to 6970, and the worst I get is the cursor glitching up for 1 frame when it changes from default to something else, and it happens so rarely that the only reason I notice it is because I've heard about cursor bugs everywhere.

The only corruption bug I ever had on this card was caused by Ati Tray Tools, which simply did not have proper support for the card.

shit's fucking annoying
happens a lot on my 480

But then you have to deal with the input delay from the software cursor

It's fixed on the last few Crimson releases and the most recent ReLive release.

You forgot that
>With Intlel, when you want to upgrade the CPU, you have to buy a new mobo aswell because muh new sockets every 6 months
>With a novideo card you will get gimped after just 1 (one) generation

Weird, never had that issue and I've been with ATi/AMD since the AGP days.

It's kinda kawaii desu.

I have this piece of shit from time to time when playing dota2

I learned that when it happens move your cursor to right top corner of monitor asap and it may fix itself.

Sometimes I need sleep and restore my computer to get rid of it completely

this bug has been in ATI/AMD drivers since early 2000s

Fuck this shit.
Last driver this shit would randomly evolve into that fucking inconceivable pointer.
Thank god its gone for now with latest drivers.

Use to get that all the time on my 6950. Haven't seen it since I got my 970 :)

which registry key?

At least your mouse cursor will actually work.