Building a new Rig

Hello Sup Forums,

I am going to be building a new rig with the sole purpose of competitive gaming, although I will have a 500gb GNU/linux partition for day to day stuff emails etc.

This is what I am thinking of doing:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Maximus IX Apex
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-4133 Memory
(Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-4266 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 3.5" 10000RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case Fan: NZXT Aer RGB140 (3-pack) 71.6 CFM 140mm Fans
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 24.5" 1080p 240Hz Gsync Monitor
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse
External Storage: Seagate Backup Plus 1TB External Hard Drive

I just wanted to ask for any advice as I am admittedly largely an enthusiast and my knowledge is somewhat limited.

Also should I got SLI 1080Ti?

Budget isn't a huge deal so long as things are not unnecessary and its not well over 5 grand

Thank you in advance for your time

Other urls found in this thread:

amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html
amo.net/nt/05-24-01FPS.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

okay

why are you so cruel?

Looks like a decent high end build.
First, to address your inquiry on sli, you should absolutely not get it. The performance does not scale properly, and stuttering is very common when using sli, which is not something you want for competitive gaming.

A few things you should maybe spend more time considering:
Why 32gb of ram? If this of is really only for gaming then 16 is more than enough
You have a total of 850gb internal storage, which really is not that much. Keep in mind that games released in the past year are anywhere from 40 to 80 GB, and if you're pirating anything you'll need double that space (enough storage for the downloaded files, and installed size).

Everything else looks good though OP. Good luck on the build!

thanks I was thinking about the 32 Gb ram which is why I put the 16 below in parenthesis (or failed to).

I will only be playing 2 or 3 games so I don't think I will require that much space.

>Storage: Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 3.5" 10000RPM Internal Hard Drive
What is this 2009?

Bunch of gamer trash.

You should really be getting this keyboard so it can sync colors with your motherboard. I have it, it's my first mech so I love it obviously. I have it set to change from green to red with increasing processor temp.

>Hello Sup Forums,
>I am going to be building a new rig
>rig
End yourself.

why would you spend five thousand dollars on a gaming console? apologies if you addressed this in your OP—i saw all of those words that you typed and my eyes glazed over and rolled back in my head(typing blind right now!).

I apologize for using the wrong terminology, I saw other posts on /battlestation/ general and they referred to it as a "rig".

I too despise the term but as I do not frequent this board I tried to blend in.

I am not particularly interested in changing colors but the temp thing is really cool (no pun intended).

only need some space m8, I don't care for size or ssd aside from booting and running games.

I much preferably wouldn't.

buy a macbook

why would you be a piece of shit when I have been nothing but polite?

Parts list is perfectly fine though with all those parts listed 1080ti in SLI would be good to add.

Don't listen to these kids saying anything else. They really are just jealous of your high budget. I wish I had money to use like that, I need some new stuff as well (not nearly as rich as you).

I have been considering it for a while, but with scaling is a bit of a rarity these days and I mainly play competitive fps where SLI microstutters are often noticable in my aim.

is me.

You should goto a 2560*1440 monitor at 144 hz as 144 to 240 no human can see. The resolution will be better for you.

In that case just get one 1080ti and 2560*1440 @ 144z

Not him, but you honestly should just buy a Macbook. They're great machines.
>I'm so polite hurdur you piece of shit
k...

because you're a moron who came here from Sup Forums and/or reddit for tech support and consumer advice, which is explicitly not what the board is for. be aware that any advice you get in here is coming from gaming kiddies who are planning or have just purchased their latest epic rig and are all hyped up to defend their purchases

amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

amo.net/nt/05-24-01FPS.html

the human eye and brain can and do perceive things much faster than 200 fps

I come from neither of those sites, I assumed this board was for technology. This is technology related.

I was waiting for someone to weigh in with some useful advice such as "Oh you know you should probably use that motherboard as the one you have chosen will bottleneck your 4233 Mhz ram"

How is asking for technology advice on a technology board wrong. There are literally threads where people flex their spec penises.

Should I take this to /diy/ ?

You should have taken it it a /sqt/ or /pcbg/ you fucking idiot.

I did

but only after I realised that such a thing exists.

Sorry about that.

Also

Cut of your dick with a turd and feed it to your whore mother after she comes home from the brothel she works in you filthy piece of shit.

listen man, I'm In general, we don't really like threads like this but I thought it would be nice to just help you out quickly before everyone else got butthurt.

Also, I'll say this just to clear some things up that other people said in this thread.
You do not want a higher resolution, and you definitely want to stay at a very high framerate. If you're into comp then framerate is absolutely more important than resolution.
Also ignore anyone recommending SLI. You can look it up yourself if you don't believe me, but most games are not well optimized for it at all and so even though benchmarks will show better performance, they do not account for the massive stuttering you will experience.

How about you delete this thread then, you fucking double nigger.

I swear, seppo cunts are the worst.

>implying I am American

I appreciate it man, thanks for the tips.

>Uses American prices and links to American stores
Go back Pablo

>English speaking board
>03:12 UTC

yeah I am so dumb

what's your favourite anime?

Core in the House

>6600K
>ATX Motherboard
>m.2 SSD
>1 or 2 3TB drives
>16GB RAM

Besides making a cheap-o NAS, what are some fun or productive things I can do with this build?