What is Sup Forums expecting from Vega?

What is Sup Forums expecting from Vega?

Expected a full lineup that would be alot better than poolaris, instead we will get a poolaris rebrand and a Fury rebrand that only that has Vega tech. Sad!

I'm going in expecting nothing, because I feel like if I expect anything, I'll just end up disappointed.

Overhyped cringe ads, faster than 1080, slower than 1080ti/TitanXP, draw more power/hotter, wait™ for better driver.

Fury 2.0 tier.

You'll be disappointed eitherway!

/thread

wait and see

20% slower than 1080ti for same price and ~400w tdp.

Let's see..
something like 250w powerdraw for big vega
between 1080 and 1080ti
well that's it. it all comes down to pricing and i'll probably be more interested in small vega.

Ok time for summary:

Vega is the biggest fundamental architecture change since they switched from Terascale to GCN 1.0
The new NCU means a massive boost to efficiency in the shader core and a much easier ability to fully saturate the GPU with work.
The biggest problem with Fiji(furyX) is that its 4096 shaders didnt mean very much because of large bubbles in the pipeline and large ammounts of shaders idling and doing no work each cycle.
Even with a low Level API like Vulcan which is best case scenario the FuryX is still not running with all cylinders firing because Vulkan only solved the Driver overhead problem. There is still bubbles in the workload because of the fundamental design of the GCN architecture itself.

AMD is switching from standard 4x16-bit blocks of a normal GCN CU(compute unit) to This new design of a variable 8+4+2+2 block and either four of these or a mix of these and standard 16-bit blocks in this new NCU(next compute unit)

They could not Do this in the past because they did not have the technology to build a Hardware Scheduler and Memory Scheduler Complexed enough to run this kind of architecture.

We have test samples of Vega with NCU's disabled and with very low clockspeeds and its beating a 1900mhz overclocked gtx 1080 in DOOM. Now there is a gain from using Vulcan over DX11 and OpenGL for AMD but thats on the Driver Overhead side not on the fundamental shader operations side. IT just means the CPU is feeding draw calls to the GPU at peak efficiency.

Alot of people dismiss the test because its vulcan but they dont know what they are looking at. The Vega sample is running FIJI 1.2 drivers Which means the instructions are running through the Vega NCU's like they are standard fixed 16-bit blocks like you have on a FuryX card.

So you need to look at it from this perspective.

This New architecture is more advanced than Maxwel/Pascal. You are going to see unreal performance from Vega when its finally released. Poor Volta

Expectations?
>Better than 480/580

Hopes?
>Price/Perf competitive with 1080

Sure it will my fellow RedTeam+ memeber.
>just wait
'till next year for the Vega tech to come to the mainstream market. And it will surely not only beat Pascal but 'ohh' Volta!

Nice pasta

>We have test samples of Vega with NCU's disabled and with very low clockspeeds and its beating a 1900mhz overclocked gtx 1080 in DOOM

>This New architecture is more advanced than Maxwel/Pascal. You are going to see unreal performance from Vega when its finally released. Poor Volta

If you had any intentions to make AMD look good you just did the opposite.

I keep telling this fuck that he's wrong on half his points, but he keeps pasting it anyways. Legitimately the fifth time I've seen it.

>t. impatient manbabby

Grandpa, risen from your shit poured grave again, I see.

AMD began releasing details of their next generation of GCN Architecture in January 2017.[30][32][33] The new design is built around Next-Generation Compute Unit(NCU) and is expected to increase instructions per clock, higher clock speeds, support for HBM2, a larger memory address space and the High Bandwidth Cache Controller(HBMC). Additionally, the new chips are expected to include improvements in the Rasterisation and Render output units. The shaders are heavily modified from the previous generations to support packed math for 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit numbers(Rapid Pack Math). With this there is a significant performance advantage when lower precision is acceptable (for example: processing two half-precision numbers at the same rate as a single single precision number).

It has been suspected that Nvidia introduced tile-based rasterization and binning with Maxwell, and that this was the biggest reason of Maxwell's efficiency increase. In January, AnandTech assumed that Vega would finally catch up with Nvidia regarding energy efficiency optimizations due to the new "Draw Stream Binning Rasterizer" to be introduced with Vega.[34]

Yeah, just how Zen was supposed to hit 5.0 Ghz on air overclocked and perfectly scale across most games and applications.

Even if I die, i'll haunt your inexperienced ass, new faggot.

>ebin techcurry site pasta

Kek. Source?
>Inb4 currytech

It does if you OC a single core at a time. It's not stable but it will.

Shit, I don't want ghastly 'blowjobs', the only thing that you were experienced at grandpa.

I don't want Nvidia to have a monopoly in the gpu market

Yep, it was them. The problem was all sites spouted that shit later, it all came from some chink forum.
But obviously not fully on across all cores.

A disappointment, but I still might pick up for Linux. The RX480 is getting some love, maybe Vega will offset the performance I want.

You want to bet? I'll fucking kill myself and fight you right now, asshole.

Too late. The RX480 is a fantastic card and it is still being outsold by Nvidia's everything. AMD doesn't have driver issues anymore, they have cheaper monitors due to freesync, and they even have similar software offerings with Relive, but their still being swept away.
You can't win against that type of sheep mentality. Nvidia is practically the Applel of GPUs.

A card that has incredible compute power that it cannot use due to relying on OpenCL and awful driver kernels, with ROPs that just cannot keep up with the compute performance, leading to a card that is ultra powerful on paper but not that good in games.

It'll also be overpriced to the extreme high end, so we won't get any damn competition at all, and cards will remain retardedly overpriced for two more generations.

It was that French magazine article that hinted Zen being able to OC to 5ghz on air.

Given your age I am surprised you haven't died already.

I'll die when I feel like it, unlike you pussy ass millennial newfaggots.

this, basically every amd product in the last years.

Yeah before it released I was predicting 4.2ghz on all cores, 4.4ghz on water.

I was off by 100mhz but w/e.

It's not a matter of time anymore. Don't shitpost us with your presence again, Oldman.

Most Ryzen chips released so far are sweating bullets to be able to reach 3.9 yet alone 4.0 Ghz.

Yeah, thermal room is coming into play, and people with 212 EVOs are learning sticking those on an 8 core ain't good business. I said air cooling I didn't say cheap air cooling.

>generalization

I'll fight you right now and win, faggot. You liberal pussies get scared at a bunch of ragtag shit skins. Back in my day, we nuked any threat we see. You mongols can't even look at anything without getting riled up at the slightest sign of abuse or wear and tear.

A fuck it, I'm getting a 1070 this is stupid

>Back in my day
and giving blowjobs, apparently. And this is your last(You).

I expect another turd on the designated street.

Thanks, user.

Disappointment

Great post fellow RedTeam+ member.

It's a good value card, the 1060 ain't shit tho and its even cheaper in many if not most places around the world.

ebin

Where is his left leg?

Ok guys seriously now, should I wait for Vega or buy a 1070 this week?

>everyone is a shill
>mfw I have Intel and Nvidia
Why wouldn't I on Linux? Nvidia is still performing marginally better even if it's proprietary drivers.
I would have recommend the 1060 when it came out, but I wouldn't buy it this year.

I never said it was shit. It was a good card. It still is, but it would not be the best buy right now.

>wait for Vega
Vega is a fat chip with HBM2. AMD would have to be the smoking Hawaii toxins to sell it at that pricepoint. It would be a miracle if it would sell at the 1080's price point.

>the absolute state of paid amd shills

i'm sorry, but does the 1080ti have soul or a brain? checkmate

Nvidia shills the thread

Hopefully somewhere close to the 1080ti for ~30% less. Much like Ryzen compared to the 6900k

Because nobody even knows amd still exists. I live in the UK and I'll admit I don't know much about amd in America but over here in the UK and Europe in general amd has little to no advertising at all. I can be browsing some normie gaymur site like ign and there will be nvidia adverts plastered everywhere and the same goes for online stores like amazon where if you go onto the tech section it will come up with a featured deal on like a 1060 or similar. The problem isn't the consumer the problem is amd themselves. Why create a product which is decent but don't market it?

I was a console casual for years before I started to get more interested in computers and coding about 2 years ago and when I was researching computer components for a fresh build I was actually kinda shocked that ATI didn't exist anymore and was now amd. Even ATI back when I was younger had more advertising than amd does now. Every prebuilt my dad bought had an ATI gpu inside it. Now it seems nvidia basically owns all the prebuilt contracts with their gpu.

Tldr; the main point I'm trying to make is that with casuals who are coming from console or late teens who are getting more interested in high performance gaming on the PC, amd is very much off the radar with their lack of advertisement and marketing for these people.

A week of shitposting flood, it's always the same shit every time AMD releases something.

ANOTHER
MASSIVE
DISASTER

The R300 reborn.

>its a Sup Forums cant run the numbers episode

with a clock of ~1500 itll trade blows with the 1080ti

If it is priced well and you don't care about FreeSync get a 1070.

>GCN
>high clocks
This is cherrypicked shilling RX480 and it still isn't at 1500MHz.

Probably going to be another fury-like fiasco, but not quite as bad.

But the 1800x does actually match if not beat the 6900k, user

vega instinct is already running at 1525

vega gaymin will hit that too

It only comes close in productivity nothing more, respected RedTeam+ member.
>but Hans, the obese idiot and the frog eaters show otherwise

Sauce me up, I don't want to fall for the hype again, but I might as well.

>being this hopeful
Comrade, why

>muh gayman
Do you think people buy 8 core CPUs for gaymez?

Similar to how the 480 was hyped to be at 1500 and a 1070 competitor. ;^)

>reading comprehension

it would be

it all comes down to glofo not being completely shit

There will be more to it than that. This shit comes close to hype levels. Better not do that.

>it only comes close in productivity
And do you think people buy 8 core CPUs for single threaded tasks? It's not like the results differ when it comes to single threaded tests, they are both worse in single thread performance than quad cores.

And at what it does good is still buggy.

Gtx 1080 for three fiddy

mega disappointment

Would you say the same about the R5 line-up that will be solely be marketed towards gaymen? Where it has been simulated and shown to be 4-10% slower than the 1700 in gaymen? Ryzen is still a shitfest. Either wait it out or go play the beggars card. And most saddening here is that people went for the 8 core Ryzen expecting top performance in gaymen when it falls short to an i5 and a fucking i3.

it will cure cancer.

He ate it, too poor and too fat to go outside and buy proper food. Like a true RedTeam+ memeber, caring more about his AMD™ powered computer than himself.

yeah don't hype needlesly please
we know how it'll go

I thought that was the RX400 series?
The word is that there will be no consumer grade Vega cards this year, only enthusiasts. The rest will be yet another batch of rebrands.

>And most saddening here is that people went for the 8 core Ryzen expecting top performance in gaymen
How about you stop this shit already.

Thw were marketed as STREAMAN GAYMEN. LOOK YOU CAN STREAM YOUR ESHIT ON TWITCH
NO FRAME DROPS

Kek, Polaris was just a GCN shrink, just like R200 was decent but nothing special.

Also, Big Vega is estimated at 500-550 mm^2 and 2*HBM2 and will certainly not be for midrange, but nobody even knows whether Little Vega will be 1*HBM2, 384b GDDR5(X?), 256b GDDR5X, or what.

Because people actually did that. ;]
Stop hiding the fact that its not worth yet
>just wait
for most people.

Another Massive Disappointment

It was marketed towards gamers as well. Don't be a shill now.

>Kek, Polaris was just a GCN shrink
Was it though? I think there are comparisons using previous GCN all at the same TFLOPs or some shit, debunking it being a refresh.

>tfw

>Would you say the same
No, the 1800x was marketed as a 6900k competitor from the beginning. They demoed the thing by running blender on it not gaymez. It's funny how everyone ""just"" realized that >4 core CPUs have worse single threaded performance. You wouldn't buy a truck and complain about how it's slower than a sports car.

>AMD
None.

LMAO! i see idiots talk the same way. reminds me of Trump.

saying at the end makes you look retarded.