I've got $400 to spend on a CPU, GPU, and mobo, currently I have an Athlon II X4 645, a Radeon 6870...

I've got $400 to spend on a CPU, GPU, and mobo, currently I have an Athlon II X4 645, a Radeon 6870, and a shitty Foxconn board of an HP desktop. What would be the best combo to stay within that range?
Right now this is what I'm looking at but I was told by some people to hold out for for the Ryzen chips because the FX series is a meme and to get a 1060 instead, but I think that might be a bit too much pricewise.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/2PGFpb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you're getting FX get the 8320 or 8320E, if you're going cheap

IF your willing to go used you might be able to get away with a used LGA 1155 i7 and motherboard for the money your spending on that AM3 board and fx cpu

Don't bother with that ancient cpu pcpartpicker.com/list/2PGFpb

How did you get an i7 3770 for cheap? They're still $300 or so one while i7 2600k is like $200.

Do not get AM3 at all op

Nigga look on eBay i7 2600s are going for $100-150, 3770s are going for about $200 and under

>sorted by cheapest

Is a mobo like that necessary? Yeah it's MSI and they make great stuff but I feel like that's $15 more than it should be just because it's got "gaming" in the name and some red paint.

>canada
I guess they would be high as hell, go figure
Pic is cheapest i7 2600s in the US

If you add the K the prices will probably go up a lot

VRM and chipset quality is of upmost importance when making a new build.
unless you don't plan on overclocking, which case buy wahtever is cheapest

don't even fucking bother you pathetic peasant. shine a few hundred more shoes first.

Eh, not too bad still around $150 for some of the cheaper ones. I wouldn't buy a unlocked CPU from eBay anyway, no idea how hard of a life its had.

I bought my I5 6500 for 138. More than enough for OP

I just plan on gaming and light video editing, so I don't think I'm going to overclock

>2017
>FX6300
you retarded. wait for R3.

buy an old i7 2600k system for $200 and add a GPU to that

holy shit why would you pay $150 for a 1050Ti when you can get a RX480 for that price?
Is this Canadian dollars or trolling?

And why would you buy a new AM3+ motherboard? They aren't worth it.

Why would you do that when a 1500X is largely going to be better for only $50 more, more future proofed, and like 10x performance/watt?

get a g4560 it will outperform the fx 6300 easly on any application and its cheaper.
You will also get better performance from your 1050ti with it.

1800X isn't even as fast as an overclocked i7 2600k in games rofl

Ryzen R5 is coming out in literally less than two weeks.

1400 will be $149, pair it with a cheap AM4 mobo and an RX470 and you set.

for real? I thought it was coming out in the summer

April 11th