Dont mind me, just pirating some wine!

Dont mind me, just pirating some wine!

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Implying stealing a physical product is the same as taking something and copying it

Good meme

Nice, you get to have a bottle of wine copied while also keeping the original bottle at the store.

i wish i could do that

How did you make a copy of the original bottle?

Pirating isn't stealing
The original is there
They don't lose money

I don't see a ship in that picture, is he hiding that in his coat too?

If you are not going to spend money on an item because it not "appealing" enough, then that makes stealing OK? What? "Well I wasn't going to pay for it anyways so it's not like I'm hurting you by just taking your product." Yes you are! You're taking a unit of their product. Sure, maybe you won't pay for it at first, but if the movie ends up being good then maybe you'll want to see the movie and then they have your sale. But if you have seen the movie already then they get no sale from you you! You obviously have no economic knowledge on that regard.

Piracy is theft, you are taking from someone. It is no different then going to a store and taking a movie off the shelf. It does not benefit anyone but the pirate who decides he is too good to pay for things he want. Too good to get a job and earn the things you get. Piracy hurts the economy and loses jobs. So stop it.

(You)

Woah you looked at my car and youre not gonna buy it? Youre a thief dude.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as wine, is in fact, an alcoholic beverage made from fermented grapes stored in glass bottles, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, wine in a bottle. Wine is not a product unto itself, but rather another component of a fully functioning product made useful by the bottle, cork stopper and the label comprising a full product as defined by the English language.

Many consumers buy wines in bottles every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the wines in bottles which are widely consumed today are often called “wine”, and many drinkers are not aware that it is basically in the bottle, filled by wine companies. There really is wine, and these people are drinking it, but it is just a part of the package they purchase.

Wine is the content: the content in the bottle that is consumed orally and distributed to the internal organs. The wine is an essential part of the product, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete package. Wine is normally used in combination with the bottle: the whole package is basically the bottle with wine added, or wine in a bottle. All the so-called “wines" sold in stores are really wines in bottles.

It's in the parking lot.

>buy grapes
>go home
>press them
>pour the juice into a container
>add some stuff
>ferment
>get arrested for making pirated wine

I don't care if people do it but people need to realize whoever made the content is losing out on sales, millions & millions of dollars even.

You piratecucks are my favourite people to laugh at.
You know what you're doing is stealing but you keep trying to justify it with
>b...bugh dood the original is still there
If you want free shit just admit it, don't try and justify it as ok.
Even if it was somehow "morally justifiable" it doesn't fucking matter because the company has set a price you have to pay and you have to deal with that, you're not entitled to decide if you feel like paying or not.

It should be called rape and not pirating. You use it as you want while preserving the original and leave a bad taste on the publisher.

Stealing by definition is something entirely different then pirating, get it through your thick skull brainlet.
And don't forget to go suck a merchant cock yet again today, good goy.
The only thing you are not wrong about is wanting free shit.

You do know that consumer software has little impact on the economy because of the disproportionate amount of free software, right?

>taking thing is the same as not taking thing because I say so
were you born this stupid or is it works of hollywood?

not getting a you from me

>go to art gallery
>look at paintings
>don't buy any
>become an art pirate

I don't care about the moral implications of piracy, I do it because it's cheaper than buying and I can get away with it.

>And you have to deal with it
We did, get fucked :^)

Alright, tell me if this is wrong.

>Group of chefs work for years to create a recipe and prepare it in their restaurant
>Everybody really likes it and their dish becomes very popular
>You figure the recipe out exactly and share it online
>People can prepare the dish at home now

Is this morally wrong?

X is illegal
Y is illegal
Therefore X is Y

Murder and smoking pot is illegal,
Does that mean smoking pot is murder?

If I could steal with the same small risk that pirating has I would. I'll admit it's stealing but fuck if I can get away with something that puts me at an advantage why not
>inb4 edgy

I don't give a shit, don't change a topic. We are not talking about something being or not being morally wrong or morally right. We are talking whether PIRACY (creating illegal copy of something) is the same as STEALING (taking physical possession of something). Which by definition is not. Is this easy enough for your 90 IQ brain to comprehend?

>You figure the recipe out exactly and share it online

More like

>You somehow find THEIR recipe and share it online

Figuring out the recipe would be fine but it is not what happens in reality

kek, saved

But Wine is free.

underrated

>This is what copyright autists actually believe

>$79 for a bike

what a shit bike.

ok, so is it wrong for the family to prepare this dish, knowing the recipe was stolen before it was shared online?

Recipes are specifically exempt from this sort of thing by law. Just like clothes design.

Are you telling me if you waved a magic wand and made bread appear, it would somehow be considered theft because you're not buying from a bakery?

Yes....

Ie don't givae a aw shit, don't changae a topic. Wae aare not talkenng aboot somethenng beenng or not beenng nomrally wrong or nomrally right. Wae aare talkenng hwethar piracy (createnng illegal copy of something) is teh sameam as stealenng (takenng physical pussession of something). Hwich by definition is not. Is this easy enoogh for yoor 90 iq brain to comprehend?

You just proved everybody's point

Piracy is illegal copying
Theft is physically taking an object from its original owner

By your logic of "copying is theivery," backing up a windows install should be illegal

Checksum mismatch. Retrying download

>losing out on sales

>I would have bought the product if it weren't free

wew lad that's quite the assumption.

we have surveilance cameras to catch you

Haha. OP calls you out on your bullshit semantics so you double down on it. Pathetic.

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words.

torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/

Wine is FOSS, I don't see what's your point, OP

>imply i care about justifying it

ip theft if the bread is the same recipe of a copyrighted bread.

same thread every fucking day
y

Receiving goods you know to be stolen is a crime.

Pirating wine would be the equivalent of Jesus sharing wine without the cup ever running empty. Pirating doesn't make the original disappear.

Great job Jesus. You put all winemakers out of business and now they're begging in the streets. What a swell dude.

Errr, more like Jesus stealing wine and infinitely distributing it.

just like microsoft went out of business because of linux

There's a difference between wine and pee.

but the original is still there
the profit from the sale is lost but the product itself is still there

this tbqhwyf i almost tipped over that Hobo Gates the other day

shooting other ships is bad

Keeping with the analogy, Linux would not be wine, it would be grapes and a fermentation machine with instructions.

Piracy is not theft, it's piracy. Why is that so hard for some people

ip theft is still theft.

No, it would be pee somewhere deep in the gutters and you'd have to build an elaborate straw to reach it.

barely. only if you intend to resell

wekfum miffmaff weefaying doblob

>Buy fruit
>Use seeds to plant fruit
>Grow fruit
>Sell grown fruit
>mfw I pirated fruit and sold pirated fruit

It's actually illegal to grow a patented fruit sort

So... why did you pirated a picture of a man stealing wine?

Nope. Even free IP distribution is theft, especially under a licenseing (which every damn pay program is nowadays)

Intellectual property is an abuse of human rights.

GPL is communism.

>implying implications

In yhe past couple of years i dpwnloaded about 10 tb of anime and manga to watch/read. I did so, all pirated.

Then you know what i did, bought copies of everything i enjoyed if i could. I spent easily 5 grand on anime/manga, and i have sone essentially the same for video games and products.

Piracy is ok if the intent is to purchase the content after seeing if it suits your needa or meets your expectation.

It also can help get the word out and considering some content can cost a lot of money is a great way to trial full software that can often be butchered in trials

Fuck off chink.

The ability to patent products and ideas for personal gain and profit (as well the ability to defend it) has been the backbone of intellectual advancement in the modern era.

This. (Although I hate your use of the C-Word)
As someone who has never paid for a film (I don't watch many movies anyway), TV (I only watch a few shows) or software (I only use Libre software), this is the truth.

>Someone has a recipe
>You scan the recipe
>You didn't steal the recipe, the original is still there.

One reason of Windows' success is that they unoffically allow piracy of the software.

Don't be such a kike. Yes IP encourages competition but the increasing copyright terms stifle innovation.

The fallacy in your argument OP is that since price is a determinant factor when deciding to buy stuff or not, you cannot guarantee that the revenue that you would have got if you payed for the item is actually lost, because most probably in the end you wouldn't even had bought it to begin with.

BUT SOMEONE TOLD YOU TO PAY THEM MONEY AND YOU DIDN'T!!!! LITERALLY TAKING PHYSICAL OBJECTS FROM A STORE!

>reality

Someone worked hard to create software, hoping he will receive money to support himself and to be able to create more software down the line. Savvy wordsmith dipshits swoop in, download it for free and leave a convoluted metaphor in return, giggling to themselves in very odd and kinda sad self-satisfaction.

>mystical neckbeard fairyland

Piracy is a lot like John 3.14 with the Moses being the pirate, the serpent the software in question and the man the developer and basically, you're copying the serpent and the man should look up to moses - or perhaps the serpent, depends on how you look at it and if you look at John 3.15, man is granted eternal life, so by showing faith, the developer is lifted up, indeed, selfless belief in God can be equated to condoning piracy and what I'm really trying to say is that I not only want free shit, but I want to feel smug while getting free shit. It's just not the same if I don't get to be a massive holier-than-thou douchebag. And if I ever get cornered and outed as a total prick, you're basically walking into my trap because I get to unleash my final form. I am free to spout pseudo-darwinist survival of the fittest crap and extol my lack of virtue as virtue in and of itself and pretend my dick grew an inch because I'm unafraid of being a selfish cumstain and implying others are not decent human beings making a moral choice but actually cowards who lack the balls and edgy street wisdom of typing "piratebay" in google and pressing a few buttons.

You've wasted your life on that and it doesn't work.

The fallacy with that argument is that you have or should have a choice of experiencing the product throughout its lifetime without paying for it.

>steal a blender
>blender breaks a year later after use
>lol I was not going to buy it anyways

So you should be allowed to use the software without paying a cent under the preface "i wasn't going to buy it anyway"

There is zero sense in that statement

Except that if you steal a blender its maker loses the amount of money he spent to produce it.
Data value can not be quantified (since porduction cost if fixed and output is not) so this argument does not hold.

>We can make copy about anything
>No need to pay for food, just copy that
>No need of economy and etc.
>No hunger, no suffering, everybody happy

I wasn't trying to justify those who pirate.
I was trying to say that you cannot claim that someone pirating data is stealing it.
The morality that brings you to pirate is another matter.

Sure why not. If I got blocked from obtaining it I'll just move on to the next best free alternative. Why do you care if people pirate, are you some faggot "indie" developer?

Putting potential geniuses in a position where they either do nothing or slave away for nothing in return means destroying motivation to be a genius for anyone who thinks that an acknowledging nod or two in a chorus of gidbedats just doesn't cut it when investing thousands of hours of hard work is necessary. This is depriving humanity of progress in the name of a clearly misguided, malformed form of altruism and is an abuse of human rights.

So you are saying the only value of an object comes from the value of its parts?

Thats completely incorrect user, as overhead exists in every business and can indeed be quantified into the cost of a product.

In essence, when you steal a blender you steal far more than the cost of the plastic and the DC motor.

>There are people on Sup Forums who are not pirates
What happened to this place? When did you all become plebs?

Of course, you also steal the work put into it BUT if it takes you 1 hour to assemble a blender, it takes you 6 hours to make 6 blenders to sell.
On the other hand if you take an hour to write a song, let's say, you made an unfixed amount of items to sell.
See where I'm getting at?

Are you dumb? COGS takes into account overheads already.

Go ask an investor if he thinks you're incredibly clever.

But let me guess, investors are greedy jews and we don't need money.

It's part of the evolution of Sup Forums. There are far more concern trolls around now who try to mimic the opposing point of view to the majority of the board. Sup Forums suffers a lot of this.

It would be more accurate to describe copyright and piracy as a violation of someones publishing rights. As that's usually what it's about.

Someone wants to be the sole distributor of his work.
That a single person pirates it's for his own use is rarely an issue.

This is especially true with music and websites, as people tend to come back to use it again.
With video games and movies, that tend to be more single use, it can become a bit broader than just the publishing rights, although that isn't always the case.

I have pirated your wine, but you steal have it, what a pity!

Again, even the cost of the assembly line is not the entire cost of the blender.

Let's go with your example, music. Music has a ton of overhead. You have recording equipment, infrastructure costs for said equipment, electricity music, and then the natural talent (in some cases), along with labor costs for all of the above.

Even taking it to the logical extreme, there is still a certain amount of music that can be logically sold to applicable markets. Just because that number is high does not make it logically infinite.

Now, with any item if you corner a market extreme profits are made. (this is to cut off any "but dey rich" arguements)

It is not theft to make a copy of something without paying for it. It is stupidity of the people creating the content not preparing for the fucking 21st century and information age. This is going to happen. Fix your business models accordingly or die a dog's death in the market.

That's my entire point.

Value of the materials used =/ COGS.

Same applies to data.

>it's the current year

>I was trying to say that you cannot claim that someone pirating data is stealing it.
I agree, piracy is bad but it's not stealing, it's piracy.