What the fuck Sup Forums ?

So, i just read that thread about "Embarrasing threads" and i tought "My god, those people are really stupid"

>Using linux without knowing how to configure it
>Don't know how to dual boot
>My cpu is over 90c
>I might have GPU viruses!11
>Pirates are bad and i don't know how to activate windows bcz piracy

You blame all of the SJW crap that is in here and you can't even maintain your own computer.

What. The. Fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

arcticsilver.com/intel_application_method.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums is a place for learning. I've been building PCs for 15 years and I still learn new shit here constantly. Mistakes are a normal part of process. We laugh about it because what some of us have done are pants on head retarded things.

Don't take it so seriously, the superiority of thinking you're above it all is what gives PCs a bad name.

It's not superiority, it's just common sense. I've read things like "How much thermal paste is enough?" in a serious matter.
Why don't people educate themselves before getting a PC?

You have to understand that the world is full of literal retards. This I know because you and I share the same trait of understanding the importance of education on things like the PC.

I used to fix a lot of computers growing up and that's where I saw how retarded people truly are.

Only some of us actually appreciate computers for what they are and mess with them as much as we can because for us it's exhilarating and fun.

>tfw building your first pc
>tfw it boots perfectly the first time
>tfw you upgrade and start fresh

It's enough to give someone a superiority complex when people are too stupid to understand how good it is.

Stay humble user.

Got a point there, you too user.

So by that logic you should learn to be a mechanic to drive a car.

Also, the more you get hubris about something, the more prone to do stupid things you get. Just a few days ago I was connecting a sata hdd cable without looking because I'm used to hardware for 20 years now and took me a good 5 seconds to realize that i was trying to connect the cable to where the jumpers are

I don't have a car, and if i would i do that.

And those things happens, i'm not sperging about that, it's because all of the "My pc shutsdown every 2hrs" that makes me mad.

>So by that logic you should learn to be a mechanic to drive a car.
Not comparable. The things OP is complaining about would be closer to someone never reading their car's manual, and never taking their vehicle for appropriate service when it reaches the appropriate mileage as outlined in said manual. If you don't do this I would argue you shouldn't drive.

You forgot a bit of the comments.

>I don't have a car, and if i would i do that.
Of course you wouldn't, such as:
>if you want to take pictures, you don't educate yourself on photography
>if you want to play a guitar you don't educate yourself on music
>if you want to cook a meal, you're not going to learn to be a chef.
>if you want to talk to someone, you're not going to learn to be a psychologist
You can, my point is, there is a line to what degree you will learn about something, just to do a simple thing that you deem not to be worth the investment in time to learn about it so thoroughly.

But this doesn't invalidate that you can use or do such thing, that is why the problem solvers or people that do chores, charge the amount that they do. You can't educate yourself on every little thing you do or use or else you won't do anything for years and need to always keep up with the knowledge.

Still on the same point for the previous post, so girls should get some sort of a photography degree to be able to take selfies?

I do get you guys, i've worked half my life giving tech support and resolving tech problems and know where you're coming from. But you can't expect everyone to know everything and be able to do everything.

There you go m8. Now you get no (You)s.

>Still on the same point for the previous post, so girls should get some sort of a photography degree to be able to take selfies?
No one should take selfies ever, they are just plain vanity. That said for taking a photo I would expect someone to know the basic operations of their camera, and when it is appropriate to use flash. I do not expect someone to be an expert. I don't know how you think bottom of the barrel basic knowledge that requires you to do something as simple as RTFM is comparable to complete knowledge/mastery of a subject.

>Implying
I've got a Cannon Powershot gx10
I've got a Violin, a keyboard, a guitar and a 5 string bass.
I've cooked for myself and most of the people for who i cooked loved it.
And all of that, i've got social anxiety because i don't talk to people, because for people like you.

Your point being?

It's just a question of common sense. Don't fucking take a selfie posing like a bitch in the bathroom while there's a shit in the toilet.

You sound enjoyable to be around.

Perfect, now just post it on /r/Sup Forums for that sick karma.

I wont but I'm sure some other faggot will.

Come on, basic operation of the camera is point and press a button until bacon comes out. Not arguing that selfies are OK nor that most practice about how volatile people have made about the most simple things.
It's just our current reality, you can just ignore and let it pass you by or pop a veign needlessly.

>because for people like you
You mean someone who can have different ways of thinking and can disagree with you?
That's on you because you will always get people that will do that even if they say otherwise to your face.

>>My cpu is over 90c
kaby lake is built like a tank tho, made to run at those specs

>Someone goes to a museum where flash photography is forbidden, but photography itself is allowed
>They are too stupid to know how to turn off flash
>They take a a picture anyway with the flash on
>Priceless artifact damaged
There is no excuse for being too arrogant to learn super basic shit.

nah there is no evidence flash can affect anything at a museum

its kinda like the white glove meme for old books, the gloves prolly do more damage than fingers and flash doesnt do anything so why limit people being able to share impart aretefact

*important

You're right though. Sun damage is far more substantial than light damage or *artificial light* damage like with a shitty low lumen flash.

I agree dude.

People will always do shit and be arrogant even if they know better.
People who drive are taught to put the car on park when parking, despite that, a ridiculous amount of americans leave their cars loose when leaving them.
>car is on a slight slope and rolls gaining speed
>runs over people and destroys propriety
What's the knowledge argument there?

yeah sun damage for sure. flash puts out a fairly narrow bit of light/radiation

i have no qualms with people prohibiting but hey be honest say we are scared of what MIGHT happen

Most of the popular paintings aren't even authentic though. They're most reproductions. That's the part that gets me. But if you don't know that well you know.... there's always that. This is why conspiracy theories exist. It's true though.

>What's the knowledge argument there?
If you do not know how to properly park a car on a slope so it doesn't roll downhill you shouldn't be allowed to operate a motor vehicle full stop.

Your argument was about people being too arrogant to gain knowledge on the most simple things.
The problem is not the knowledge nor how basic it is, asides of being taught to park and being one of the most basic things you can do with the car, common sense should pop up. Leave a car with no brakes on, it's going to roll away.
And even while being a very basic thing and being a requirement to operate a car, it still happens. Learning means nothing if the people don't give a shit.

Get a job and talk to people. It will help you cope with society. Sorry there's no real soft way to put that. If you truly want to integrate you have to meet the people.

A bit of derailing here, if you are with a dumbphone, yes, it's a button and bacon.

But for taking great shots you need to know what the ISO is, the temperature, the black and white exposition, the shutter, etc.

Why are you so angry?

I know, i know, but that's not what i'm talking about here, /r9k/ is for that.

>I know, i know, but that's not what i'm talking about here, /r9k/ is for that.
Never used that board myself, I was just trying to give advice.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

>"How much thermal paste is enough?"
This is a interesting question.
So what is your answer and where did you get your knowledge?
If you ass pulled your answer and replay with a smoke screen
>everyone knows this
>its obvious
you automatically fail.

Answer the question.
Also all computer classes are pure hors shit that is normy levels of basic and
>how to open facebook
or some shit.

Myself we got computers and we started tinkering with them aided by questions in forums (not fucken Sup Forums its full of nothing) and tips from various sources friends, magazines, websites
Our knowledge is a mixture of things and its far above the normy levels of computer school education of
>How to use a web browser

>the gloves prolly do more damage than fingers
but less than greasy fingers.

There are no computer manuals that are not absolute horscrap like
>Don't install viruses
Also there are computer help services however computers don't have a mileage meter.

As a basic function, it's always point and push a button, I know there's more than that even outside of the settings, as camera placement or using appropriate light or time of day or even weather condition. But that is something that a large percentage of people will simply not care or just shove the picture in lightroom or some similar crap, feel like pros and be done with it.

I'm not angry, was just being up front.
I know you didn't ask for advice but trying to be social on a website full of weirdos will hardly make you have any kind of social skills, you'll still find yourself as an outcast as "normies" are very far away from the interaction you get here.
Don't think that because of this, that you are better off meeting with people from here. Believe me, you do not want to deal in reality with people from here.

I'm more concerned with OP actually answering the question WHERE you are supposed to educate yourself.
Where is this magical computer academy that teaches you generic PC maintenance skills like applying thermal paste to the CPU and not some childish hors crap or specialized knowledge
>Congrats you learned how to write a self booting OS however you still have no idea how to apply thermal past to the processor.
The only source we all have are:
1) Self experimentation
2) Known people giving us tips
3) Magazines, youtube videos and other sparse and diffused knowledge.
4) Actual academic fields N/A here they are specialized to a certain subject. You might be the master in writing assembly OS however you still will have no idea how to configure GNU/linux and why its fucking up.

>There are no computer manuals that are not absolute horscrap like
Most software comes with documentation, your hardware comes with documentation, pre-built computers come with a piece of paper with a link to documentation, there are also quite literally millions of resources online with this information. Learning about how to perform basic things with computers has never been easier.

Reading comprehension skills.
>There are no computer manuals that are not absolute horscrap like
>that are not absolute horscrap
>absolute horscrap

Also
>your hardware comes with documentation, pre-built computers come with a piece of paper with a link to documentation
OK I love you to show me the chapter of any of these things that tells you
>applying thermal paste to the CPU
Come one give me a screen shot or picture from these manuals.
I'm waiting.

arcticsilver.com/intel_application_method.html

Here you go, one of the largest thermal paste manufacturers gladly supplies this.

Nice I stand corrected.
The only question is did you get the link with your past box?
Back in my day we did not have links to everything on-line and the manual was physical and outside of the basics you did get dick and shit.
I never got a thing like this with my computers.

However even today you get this.
I remember buying Ethernet cables and needed to watch armature on-line videos on how to put the weiring.
It was a absolute nightmare, walked back to the store and made the guys put on the ends and even they struggled hard.

No manual or links with this one!

>The only question is did you get the link with your past box?
I will admit there was a period of time when documentation was atrocious; where you were given nothing but legalize. Now days documentation with a pre-built system is generally a link to their support section to learn more on various topics, and a simple insert with information on how to plug in various connectors. Not optimal but it at least provides information. I assume when you bout a computer it was only the insert and legalize? That was the norm for quite a while. It is a shame printing costs have gone crazy, there was once a time when computers used to come with detailed manuals, schematics, and even programming guides. You should check out what the C64 came with for a good example of the golden age of documentation.

For myself the last time I had a pre-built computer was in the mid-late nineties, I can recall a pretty basic windows manual and not much else.

Is thermal paste not a MEME?
What dose it even do?
I never used it and only stick the default cooler on the CPU and never did have problems.
Before you write
>Your CPU will die
This is wrong.
I do have a computer from 2009 and its perfectly fine 18 years of working practically 24/7 non stop and nothing bad is going on with the CPU.

Also I'm not going to over clock the CPU.

OP Here, how the fuck did this went from sparging to photography to psychology and now termal paste. WTF.

*thermal

desu knowing how to properly activate windows without knowing legit tools can take a lot of time. Im not saying its too hard or you are 100% going to infect your shit but you have to know about hashes at least and this is way beyond normie knowledge from my experience.

You have superiority complex, not everyone knows what you `~.~

DAZ

I googled it is a good answer to all of your questions. People are seriously too stupid to use google.

>Don't know how to dual boot
Dual booting is intolerably annoying. You have to configure your applications, like the browser, email client or messenger, twice, or restrict yourself to use applications on one OS exclusively. It's much more reasonably to just ditch Windows altogether. Maybe run it in a VM for doing your taxes or whatever.

>Pirates are bad and i don't know how to activate windows bcz piracy
You're confused.
Piracy involves murdering people on ships.
What you're actually referring to is called "copyright infringement", not piracy.

does not work on uefi/gpt. If you want to install windows using it on an uefi pc you have to know what uefi is, and how to switch it to legacy mode (*if possible), so thats even more stuff to know about that normies have no idea about.

Those were examples user, go onto Sup Forums

It's complicated, i know, but it isn't something that can't be done. If they never follow the rules of "Backup everything" that's not my fault"

>"copyright infringement"
True
>Piracy involves murdering people on ships.
More simplified, most pirates will abduct people and sell them for ransom or take peoples cargo see Somalia.
most of the time they are not out there to murder people, they want to profit and if people resist things happen.

>You blame all of the SJW crap that is in here and you can't even maintain your own computer.
Really gets the locomotives running

Not entirely sure myself but I think the problem is if everyday people come and freely bombard it with flash it will eventually take its toll. Water carves through stone not because of its force but the constant wear. The intial burst isn't that bad you're right. I also assume it keeps a good majority of would be flash users away from using it by just having a sign that says please don't.

>tfw cpu hits 63 and throttles constantly

I have nobody around me that knows anything technical. I am the most knowledgeable, being surrounded by normies, and that makes it quite complicated as anything I don't know is not a simple task of asking someone around me. I have had nobody to guide me beyond what I get from the internet. Academic fields are nice, but not if you aren't in a good enough financial situation for it.

Is it just me or is the internet not as good at educating you about certain things unless you ask on a forum? I have zero idea at this point how to make anything with Autodesk Maya, after years of trying, because every tutorial was either broken or reads like a manual that doesn't explain the actual practicality of anything?

I am not asking much out of Maya, at this point I just want to successfully make something after having failed every tutorial and eventually getting wind that everyone else has the same problems with no solution. A forum is the only solution at this point, yet it is a brain dead question asking for something you "can get from two seconds of a Google search". Maybe we just cannot grasp what we see in the right way, maybe we aren't searching for the right things.

Suffice to say, a forum is a great tool to find the answers to any problem you might have. We are all at different levels of experience and another might know exactly what to say to get us past the roadblock. I have not learned how to improve in Maya, regardless of my interest, simply because of people like you. I fear everyone freaking out at my posts because they are "really stupid", so instead I just retain ignorance. You are the representation I see of most of the internet and the reason I never progress with anything. I want to learn code, hit roadblocks and can't turn to the internet because of how "really stupid" my post would be.

Please user, tell me why can't you be more tolerant and let me learn? Why must I be the punching bag?

Because if you really want, you won't be a whiny bitcher writing all of that in Sup Forums, my god.

>Believe me, you do not want to deal in reality with people from here.

>tought
>>>/global/rules/2

Hey, give him credit where credit is due, he is 3 and a half years old already.

is correct

lol