What went right?

What went right?

Jobbs dying of AIDs

I like how I can ballpark performance based solely on a year and the product range (e.g., Pro, Air) for the laptops. There's some variation with upgrades but I safely assume the base model.

I like how I can also ballpark the performance of the desktop line without any information at all :^)

The iPad and iPod are kinda neat

No USB ports

nothing

Marketing and lots of useful idiots.

/thread

>made more money than the entirety of your family, past/present/future, will ever, ever see
>pissed off Sup Forums all sorts of other turbodorks who are "too smart for apple" at the same time

>jobbbs made money, so you have to be smart to use apple
??????

nothing

Obviously the golden ratio. That design is flawless.

They made technology what it was supposed to be. They made the tool actually work. They made it so no matter who you were you could do what you wanted without having some kind of computer knowledge test stand in your way. They removed the technical barrier that stopped creativity and creation. At the same time they made it work well for power users. A professional or average shouldn't have to solve hardware or software problems before he does what he actually wants to do. A computer is a tool, it needs to do what you want it to do.

They were the only people to realize you can only get a good computing experience if you deliver the whole package of hardware and software. They were the only people who from the get-go knew they had to have an ECOSYSTEM of products. They beat everyone to that and now have a powerful ecosystem that basically envelopes your whole daily life. Carplay in your vehicle, Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, AirPods. All of these products work seamlessly with each other.

This is why today Apple has a market capitalization of $730 billion.

As someone who used their stuff from 2003 to 2016

>iPods were good in the early 2000s (3rd gen clickwheel was superb)
>Tigers, Leopards and notebooks where sleep actually worked reliably at around the time Windows Vista and chunky unreliable laptops that often comatosed on sleep were the alternative
>iPhones (though now surpassed by Android) revolutionised smartphones / gave the industry the competitive kick up the arse it needed

That's about it. It's been going wrong since the late 2000s / early 2010s, followed by jumping off a cliff last year.

A very smart influential man who clearly didn't know what he was talking about. For example, java. But you can't please all of the people all of the time. Sometimes ITS SAYING NO THAT ALLOWS OTHER PEOPLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS BETTER. One more thing; MUH 5000 songs in pocket.

Sup Forums BTFO!!!

its just works

He's right but...
There was also the GUI, which could've been crippled had Apple not made it in a unique way. Not to mention the countless binds of innovation with PowerPC and a step to Intel to keep their speeds quite relevant. Plus older pro models were actually pro, and if you wanted to fuck shit up, could even use it as a server, given the right tools. They made their own music player that dominated a codec and era, and a handy utility for it for transfers. They just as well unified their systems and had functionality that could be transfered flawlessly. Yes, they had a bad type of support for modern software for their stuff, and the OS used to be good, but they set a standard for looks and for quality design and use. I have to say I still miss my powerbook G4.
Trust me, new apple sucks a load of cock. But go to the first Core 2 duo macbook and go back, and you see real innovation. Dropping old drives, promoting use of newer formats, hell, even using their own processor designs, it made them a giant that controlled their product for perfection in use, and not a fashion statement.

Sorry, I'd rather use an iPhone 3 or 4 with an old MacBook Core Duo than to use a new, stunning, sleek shitbook bro.

Then again, imo.

They made computers so easy that normies could use them effectively

They make toy computers that even the most retarded drooling newfag can use. There are a lot of morons in this world.

Nothing, apple made me waste my hard earned money and then asked more to fix their manufacturing defect. They can go rot in gayest part of hell.

Only true alpha in a valley of betas, put autistic engineers in their place but knew they could do great things with proper design and marketing

>t. mactoddler