Install Solus

Install Solus

No thanks Kevin, I like large repos.

I already did

Hi Kevin, nice to see you on here!
How did you manage to run on that resolution, or is it multiple monitors? It does look very comfy. Is it really feasable to listen to music and watch a movie at the same time or are you just showing off again? :^)
Mind sharing your setup?

>large repos
Do you want a decent sized repo with everything you'll need/use and is completely up to date and is extremely optimized, or would you rather have a large repo full of mostly things you'll never need/use and is outdated and/or not as optimized?

xrandr --output LVDS1 --rate 60 --mode 1920x1080 --fb 7680x4320 --panning 7680x4320

To make it look big.

xrandr --output LVDS1 --rate 60 --mode 1920x1080 --fb 7680x4320 --panning 7680x4320

To put it back to normal.

And I did it just to show off :^)

I prefer having options

xrandr --output LVDS1 --rate 60 --mode 1920x1080 --fb 1920x1080 --panning 1920x1080

To put it back to normal*.

Options for packages you may want/need? Because Solus has that. Or options for packages you'll never want/need? Having options for things that will never matter to you is a pretty dumb reason.

Why not both? And how do you know I will never want/use/need those options? A broader spectrum is always better. Quantity over quality

How is any repo (un)optimized? What kind of buzzword nonsense is that kevin?

Do you need 2 sreenfetches? Lmao fucking autist

>Do you want options, or not?

Gee difficult kevin...

>quantity over quality
Lol, any reasonable person would want quality over quantity, especially considering the one with quality has a lot of quantity. But I will acknowledge your argument about both you and I not knowing whether you'll want/use/need those options, and it's a good argument, but chances are if you don't need them now and haven't needed them ever in the past, chances are you won't need them in the future. But you still make a good argument about the packages, but I still think quality over quantity.

>samefagging this obviously
cmon kevin, you can shill better than that

The packages are a lot more optimized on Solus than any other distro (excluding Gentoo where you compile from source).

And that's not completely what I said, please continue reading that post and then some of my other posts in reply to someone else.

Of course it's same fagging, literally everything is the same except for screen resolution and programs open.

>The packages are a lot more optimized
Buzzword shit again kevin, optimized how? You're talking shit.

post your cool rocketship wallpapers kevin

The one I made the other day

someone redpill me on kevin

why does he shill?

>that's not completely what I said
True, you gave a false choice, which I ignored because it's false, nobody has to choose between the options you gave. Options vs no options is the only real decision one has to make when considering shillos.

samefag

Programs itself run faster/smoother (gimp and krita come to mind, had some lag when using Ubuntu on large images), programs open faster (libreoffice, chrome, and firefox come to mind), and programs as a whole are a lot more stable (they have never crashed on me whereas on Ubuntu and Arch they have).

It's not no options, it's a shit ton of options vs a little less options, but you still have many options.

Nothing runs/opens faster, what are you on about? It's the same programs running on the same kernel, literally the only difference is that you have less choice and less availability of programs. The rest is the same as any other distro. lol @ muh stability meme, try harder kevin.

Lol, you got me

>a little less
hahah yeah ok kevin, whatever you say.

He must really hate choice.

No I don't.

fuck off kevin

Wow.
You're a fucking idiot.

Shitty music taste bro

I already did.

Please look at the other songs bro
Nice how do you like it?