Windows Phone 10

Say something nice about this dead meme.

A E S T H E T I C S

I honestly wish this had taken over instead of Android. This and iOS is a much better counter-ecosystem than Android and iOS. Android is shit.

fuck you you killed nokia

That picture is of Windows Phone 8 you tard

Top tier OS.
too bad no one wanted to make apps for it.

Miss this OS, but I know if I would go back to it I would miss Android. Just wish there were more apps. Not worth using, but it's a solid OS.

I still have a Lumia and yes i use it

Still use it, still love it

Looking forward to full windows on phone and the surface phone. Hope it will start a trend

This.
Would still be using my Lumia 920 if it hadn't died. Had to go back to Android since there was nothing new in the WP environment.

>the surface phone

Delusion, the post.

Phone or whatever format they use. The surface line has proven its worth.

Still using my Lumia 640 no plans on upgrading.

A (good) windows phone will never materialize. Why? Because a smartphone is only as good as the apps available for it.

At this point Microsoft definitely can't develop an app store to compete with Google and Apple. Their smartphone dreams are toast.

Microsoft will never pull out due to damaging their brand name reputation . They are stuck in multiple Vietnam war style conflicts

It's incredible how fast it is even with poor hardware.

>tfw still holding onto Lumia Icon
I like the UI, Live Tiles actually werk, music player is intuitive, keyboard is best I've used, and camera holds up well even now. I don't into many apps, so it hasn't bothered me too much. Battery life is average, and it's stayed quick on response time for It's age.

>have used Galaxy S5, iPhone 5s, gave them to dad and mom respectively, stuck with Icon

>Because a smartphone is only as good as the apps available for it.
People say this all the time but I really don't understand what critical tasks are being performed on a cell phone. All the biggest apps are on every platform anyway for the most part.

I use my phone for communication, looking things up on the internet, and navigation. What other practical applications are there aside from that?

apps for browser games.

It looked cool before everyone decided to jump on the material design meme

Speaking as It's a lot more about social and lifestyle apps. Stuff like device casting (Chromecast/Airplay), car connectivity, wearables, certain social media, health/fitness, and games. Nothing that is super important, for the most part, but nice to have access to if you want.

For example, I'm not an app power-user, but I don't know if it's because I've been on WP for 5 years. Fad games come and go, and I often just miss out (Pk:GO then and Duel Links now) with my friends. I don't mind so much, but like I said, it would be nice to have that option time to time.

It has a great battery, it has a great camera even the shit tiered ones, and they're cheap as dirt.

Great dumbphone alternative.

>but I really don't understand what critical tasks are being performed on a cell phone

doesn't have to be a critical task, that is what made windows phone so pitiful. Out of the 14 or so podcast clients on the WP store, none of them actually work as expected. but nevermind that, the music player, on either WP8 or WP10, have lots of bugs that render it unusable. The browser is unusable.

The very basics of what a smartphone is supposed to be able to do without any third party apps, WP fails on.

Best phone

I listen to podcasts, so I can't have much input there.

The music player works fine for me. There was a point when transitioning between 8.1 and 10 (the whole Groove thing) where it was a mess, sure, but the app now runs smooth, and is reminiscent of Zune player.

Edge is just weird and doesn't offer add-ons/extensions like chrome, sure, but it's workable. Not saying it's great by any means, but it's not unusable.

>but it's not unusable.
when it crashes on half the websites I use, it is unusable.

i am not a power user in terms of smartphones, I barely use any apps, and I barely browse a vast number of websites, if it doesn't work for me, then it won't work for most, and the proof of this is sales numbers of lumia phones.

Same here, interestingly. I've rarely run into crashes or anything, even though we probably have similar usage habits. I have a Lumia Icon/930 if that counts for anything. But yeah, you're right, the metrics speak for themselves

Agree, Android is a collection of shit on a pile of shit. Nothing is really consistent and most of the apps are crap. Loved my Windows phone.

if they make a surface phone, ill buy it

The keyboard feels amazing. On the rare occasion i use my old windows phone i immediately realise this again.

If it were popular and therefore had apps i would have used it.

it was actually better then both android and iphone but Sup Forums doesnt like windows

I like the speed/smoothness myth the most. I used to have Lumia 1520 and nexus 4 at the same time and nexus was much faster. Lumia is smooth indeed but is slow as shit. Not to mention shit quality apps, no support from Microsoft and even now updates brings more bugs than fixes. This os is so crappy it constantly gets new-old bugs and errors over and over. One phone works fine, the other one barely does work at all. Still Lumia was worst smartphone i ever had.

All this fast and reliability spread is bullshit. Pure fucking bullshit.