Post your first smartphone

What was your first smartphone? Did you like it?

Do you still have it?

>samsung intercept
>loved it back then but then I fell for the iphone meme for a few years before making my way back to android/blackberry

n95-2. loved it. had so much fun with this device, even though the music buttons sucked.

HTC KAISER

NEVERFORGET

iPhone 4S.
It`s still my main phone.
I didn`t have a phone before.
It`s neat

don't forget you're mum bought you that phone , cuck

Nexus 5
Yes
Still use it

I held off for as long as I could before getting a smart phone. I couldn't live without it now

solstice 2
I switched to a flipphone after a few years.

Android Dev Phone 1
>like it?
It was great
>still have it?
It's right next to me

I fucking hated it.

Alcaltel one touch 5020T. Mum and i got one earky 2014 through family mobile and then i bought a tablet last years to use for everything but text and call. Suggestions on an upgrade?

Also I still have this one. Never needed to replace it, never broken.

The Galaxy Ace was my first phone. Got it in 2011 and loved the shot out of it. Upgraded to a galaxy SII X a yearly later.

It was good for work.

I have never had a smartphone.

guess it was this. Loved it but looking back it was kind of useless at the time..
it became such a slow shitty device that I've thrown it away.

loved it. id still use it if it was viable

LGL22C.
I still use it. Although I love this phone, I am interested in a phone with a better camera and space. I feel exceedingly fortunate to have this phone because TracFone usually sells really shitty devices but this one is actually exceptional. To anyone else who buys from TracFone, I cannot recommend this enough.

Samsung Replinish.

It was bad, but not as bad as the LG G4 (which I dumped for the S5). Though the S5 is a good phone (with Lineage OS, not as much with TouchJizz).

Mine would be the Samsung Epic 4G which was the Sprint variant of the first Galaxy S. I thought that phone was the hypest; especially the keyboard and all the cool shit I could finally do with a legit smartphone

>Galaxy S3 on some CM 4.4.4
Loved it.
Still works great replaced the battery 2 years ago functions like new. I keep it for nostalgia and the ergonomics where amazing.

Have a Moto X Pure right now probably get the S8 this year it looks amazing.

friend and I had both colors and we swapped the battery covers to make a sick fire-n-ice look

too bad there arent any good qwert phones anymore

>those absolutely dogshit phones
dirt poor megavirgin detected

Nokia 6600
Good: good system and fairly good spec for the time when i got it (1y after launch or so).
Bad: joystick was unusual. It was sticking out too much but it was not too bad.

I liked this phone howere i sold it for n-gage classic.

The first droid was amazing.
Would honestly probably use it now with a modern battery.

HTC Evo - it has a kickstand which doesn't hold the phone up very well as in the stability was rather bad but the kickstand was very useful ironically in holding the phone in your hand and performing tasks one handed. I resisted getting a smartphone like the droid until this came out which was the first smartphone to have 4G and usb or wireless tethering! Also unlimited data AND I rooted it as well.

I still have it although the screen is slightly borked and runs very slow - it was a great phone for its time.

For that whole top row I was a kid with no job/money so I had to take what was given to me.

Spic detected.

depends on the definition of "smartphone".
my first smartphone was a blackberry bold 9700, but first smartphone defined by todays terms would be a samsung S3.
not bad, used a few other flagship androids (s3, one m8, s7) and currently on a ip7 and honestly im very happy about it. android might not be coming back.

Nokia e51

BlackBerry's got a nice selection

LG Rumor - I had the TMobile equivalent - honestly the best texting experience to date. Swyping and tapping are a joke. I would totally buy a brand new android with a slide-out keyboard with tactile keys any day.

People don't get it. With DJing for example you have all kind of knobs, dials, etc and the Virtual DJ options on tablets or using a mouse on a computer are ALWAYS shit tier. Even tapping this post right now is taking 20x as long as if I would have typed it on a keyboard.

Years of my life, cumulatively GONE (I retyped GONE 6 times wtf)

stand back fags

What a great phone. At least mine was until the menu buttons started to fall off, and I changed the shell.

Motorola Mpx220

Was pretty good, quite fast, ran Doom, music played pretty good, though it didn't accept Mp3s as ringtones. Ringtone was not really that loud though. Remember barely hearing it on the bus.

I don't have it anymore, sold it a long, long time ago.

This was a fantastic phone, just incredible in every way.

thoroughly convinced me I don't need a smartphone for anything

all the iphone wannabes are even more downgraded in functionality, complete fucking waste.

Two clocks

design was cash though, love the thin curved profile, super comfy to hold, really nice buttons

Galaxy S, but pic related is the only phone I ever liked owning.

Smartphones have destroyed society and turned millennials into the feeblest generation in history. You should have to be 30 before you are allowed to own one.

LG Optimus S

Holy goddamn was it a piece of shit. It was neat at the time, though.

Still have it. Don't know why - I keep telling myself I'm gonna do something cool with it, give it a new reason to exist. But it's so limited in its capabilities that I don't know what I could possibly use it for. It has more RAM than it does internal storage, for fuck sake.

>Smartphones have destroyed society and turned millennials into the feeblest generation

>What is terrorism, George Bush, modern news outlets, what is 9/11 hype, what is iraq war, what is flight control checks like you're a criminal anyway, what is brexit, what is financial crisis

Smartphones are only the tip of the iceberg. You had the same shit happening on earth when you grew up. But you weren't bombarded by the same bogus messages or "knowledge" constantly 24/7.

It was your generations enginners creating the millenials you obviously dislike so much. It was your generations programmers inventing push notifications.
Think about that.

still have it. gps/maps are handy but will probably switch back to dumb phone since i don't use any apps.

A cheapy ass box phone. Situation with family/parents so no money and i got this to replace my broken flip keyboard phone. I have a Samsung J7 now and I love it.

First was the LG etna/GW620... Garbage, but i liked the keyboard.

Resistive plastic touchscreen made the thing a complete POS.

Samsung Galaxy Pocket.

>tmw you’re using a cheapshit 2012 phone in currentyear-3

Actually was pretty nice after putting a custom ROM on it

Never had one to be honest. This is my phone (see pic). Had it since 2012. One before that was a flip phone to. First phone i had was a nokia 252c, still got it somewhere.

Loved this phone back in the day.

I've always wondered, how long did it take to get used to the keyboard and how was it once you got used to it?

it was fine, but no apps and the "pearl" trackball stopped working after ~8 months

aesthetic bread

>

thunderbolt?

Had the intercept when I switched to virgin briefly. Then got the LG Optimus and it was rock solid for a year or two.

First smartphone was pic related, had a couple flip phones and a beeper before that, replaced the Treo with a Moto Q

HTC Aria, I loved the little thing. It was chunky but still tiny, and the optical trackpoint was neat if mostly useless. When you took off the battery cover the interior was bright yellow with a yellow translucent part.

I still have it, but it has a bad scratch on the screen and is pretty laggy by today's standards.

Some nokia phone from the early 00's
Then some verizon flip phone a few years later
Then a Razr
Then a Motorola(i think) phone with landscape slide out keyboard.
Then a galaxy s2(which I'm still using since 2011)

iPhone 3G

I fucking hated it because I was a spoiled 13-14 year old cunt. I wanted the 3GS because I wanted to change my wallpaper and take videos. This led me to jailbreaking.

I stayed on the iPhone train for like 7 years until a few days ago, just got my first Android (LG V20) and it feelsgoodman. Can't believe it took me this long to ditch the iPleb.

Can't figure out how to root this thing, though.

Mine was the Kyocera Rise on Virgin Mobile. I got it back in 2013 for like $25 during a Christmas sale. It was literally my best friend until I upgraded to another budget phone near the end of 2014. I remember having to download a Flash Player APK on some random website so I can watch some weeb shit, cause it didn't support HTML like most modern phones do.

>Can't figure out how to root this thing, though.
It's Android; it comes pre-rooted, just not for you.

Same as you OP. What a godawful piece of shit.

>Keyboard is awesome.
>Phone is extremely laggy.
>Crashes constantly.

ffs

This thing was the shit

Motorola Droid X

Competitor to the first iPhone and it was a pretty nice device.

Also thanks Verizon for the unlimited data, definitely used it as a hotspot for my computer for ages.

THIS

HTC Desire *o*

samsung s3 mini
still use it daily. its a ugly half broken one though

The HTC Bravo! I have one too, I can't believe there is a lollipop rom available for this, although it is forever alpha

This was the first smart phone worth buying for me. The resistive screen smartphones were annoying to use. The early android phones were slow. Symbian wasn't well optimized for touch and all the iPhones before had terrible low res TN panels. When the iPhone 4 came out it was perfection. That 326ppi IPS screen was amazing. It felt so smooth to operate. I tried out the unreal engine demo on it and it was incredible for me to have these PS3 like graphics on a handheld. Also back then no other phone felt so premium.

This bad boy here from 2009

iPhone 3G

Was beat up to shit but the screen never smashed and it did me well

Me2 ran angry birds at 10 frames.

Nokia 6600 - didn't really like it, debatable real world usability

As for first modern style smartphone - iPhone 3gs, this thing changed everything in a sense that it did everything you expect from modern smartphone

HTC Touch ~2009
Ran Windows Mobile 6, had 3G, Wifi.
Overclocked and had microsoft office

The phone I'm on now. LG V20 fucking rocks I love this thing.

Nah that's an HTC Inspire. That was my second phone and I remember really liking it.

my first phone that is considered to be a "smartphone" was a mytouch 3g

my first ever cell phone was the nokia 3310

Galaxy s1, it was really good. Currently have a zte axon 7

Nokia 3660

Samsung focus, It was one of the first window phone 7, phones.

My first was an Intercept as well. It was a piece of shit, but it's the phone that got me started. Then I joined the devphone big leagues with my Epic 4G. I've still got the Intercept somewhere. I sold off the Epic, then regretted it and bought it back a while later, but then I couldn't handle the PenTile display after having used a decent screen for a while.

>It has more RAM than it does internal storage, for fuck sake.
I find that hard to believe. It would have to come with /system installed on an SD card, which no manufacturer would ever do.

The first phone that was considered a "smartphone" that I've used. It was fucking great.

Samsung i730

mine too, i changed it when the screen stopped working

Nokia was such a great brand my first phone was a Nokia 1100 and my first smart phone a Nokia 5800 Express Music tried flashing it and I couldn't do it goddamn I was a dumb ass.

HTC freestyle.
God damn amazing phone. Took a beating too with its metal frame. Removable battery and decent camera for the time. Problem was the antenna was in the plastic piece in the bottom and the gold contact points wore out to shit.

still love this phone man...

After that phone I got the HTC Glacier (myTouch) with android 2.2 with this I began experimenting unlocking the bootloader on this thing almost gave me a heart attack.

Ayy, battery was shit. Also a bit heavy tho.

LG P880.
I hated that dumbphone... Slow as fuck. Battery drained immediately und the phone got hot.
Still have it, but the buttons are pretty worn out and doesn't work like they used to be.

My first phone.

I had one and it was pretty decent for 50 bucks, but the camera was just unspeakably poor, and it started to get really sluggish from newer more demanding updates of apps.

LG vu

Hacked it to look like an iPhone told people it was an iPhone mini.
Nobody questioned it

HTC One m7, was a very good phone till the battery bloated to hell 4 years later

Samsung Fascinate. Verizon S1. Poor Cyanogen Mod on it because TouchWiz was shit and still is shit

Upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus for that sweet 4g.